Looking for friends to add

Options
I could use some positive stories and examples of ppl diaries that help them loose weight. Thanks.

Replies

• ChrisBow1963
    ChrisBow1963 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've joined today properly.. please add me. Chrisbow1963
  • Mitzigan
    Mitzigan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I'm also, looking for some mfp friends/ fitness buddies♥️
  • lisalove7869
    lisalove7869 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please add me
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,902 Member
    Options
    Have you found the Success stories portion of the boards?

Those are what kept me going, especially the NSV (non-scale victories) thread. I’ve read every single one of them and cheered for every single one. It was a great day when I was able to participate.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options
    When it comes to what to eat, it's fine to log what you'd normally eat, then revise your eating habits gradually to get to your calorie goal while eating foods you personally enjoy eating, find filling, and that are practical and affordable for you.

This is that kind of plan:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

That approach won't be perfect for everyone, but it worked great for me to lose from obese to a healthy weight in just under a year, and to maintain a healthy weight for 7+ years since without major stress or unpleasantness. I've seen some other people here succeed using a similar kind of "remodel your eating approach", so it's one option to consider.

You're welcome to send me a friend request, which I'd accept, then you can see what's in my diary now, in maintenance . . . but I eat in my own idiosyncratic that suits me, but probably wouldn't be perfect for anyone else.

For sure, it's not necessary to eat "diet foods" or "superfoods". Nutrition and calories are important, but there are many ways to combine foods to reach those goals. IMO, you want to find the combination that works best for you.

Best wishes!
  • 19dly68
    19dly68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am looking for people to add too, please feel free to add me 19dly68
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,902 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    A lot of people seldom add friends, unless they see them participating on the boards, know they’re a legit account, and see that they have shared interests, or are on similar paths. .

Strongly suggest doing that. Also, reading the boards regularly really helped me stay on track, with all the great advice and support I got here.

And, you’ve got to send a few requests yourself. You can’t just sit back and wait for the requests to roll in.

Kinda like you can’t set up an account, sit back and wait for the weight to fall off.

Some of it’s up to you. 😘