😀😀😀***DECEMBER 2023 WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE***😀😀😀

Options

Replies

• Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,930 Member
    Options
    Gonna jump in for some extra motivation.
    Cori, single f, kids grown, grandkids mostly grown, Just turned 74
    Goal for now 164.6 = 24.99 bmi

12/1: 172.0, trend 173.6
    12/3: 173.8, trend 173.7, have had a little stress the last couple of days. Over now. Caused a little bad eating. Just a hiccup. The big news is, just for right now, I am completely pain free for the first time since May 2022. Fingers crossed 🤞 I will see much more pain free time in the future!

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,859 Member
    Options
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 63 years old and I live in the Midwest of the US. I am 5’ 5” tall. My highest weight was 253 back in 2016. My MFP start weight was 235 in 2018.

Start Weight (from Nov 30, 2023 ): 181.4
    Goal Weight: 177.4 (4 pound loss)

End of Challenge Weight: xxxxx
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 145-155 (I’ll know it when I get there!)

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

12/01-181.4-(Trend Weight: 189.1)- I won’t be starting off this round very well as it’s my DGS’s birthday part tomorrow which will show up on the scale on the 3rd. There is also the travel involved. Ah well, we all know that December is a tough month for weight loss, we just have to do the best we can When we can. Good luck everyone!

12/03-182.0-(Trend Weight: 181.9)- I had a wonderful time at the birthday party. I hadn’t bowled in years. It’s always nice to have all the grandchildren together. Lunch was pizza, cake and ice cream. Dinner was at home, late but reasonable. I found out (when I got back in town) that my dear older friend (78) fell during her family Christmas party and broke her hip. She was rushed to the hospital and will have an upcoming surgery. I find out more about that later. She sounded okay and in good spirits (but pain) on the phone so I’m hoping for the best. Let’s stay as healthy as we can, my friends. Our bodies are going to need us!

12/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-
    12/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-
    12/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-
    12/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150's
  • Sett2023
    Sett2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Starting with this week, I’ll consider only the week average weight together with the calorie deficit of the previous week (it’s from my Fitbit, so no precise at all – it really overestimates burnt calories – but it’s useful to me to have a comparison of weeks: if with the deficit of the previous week I lost too much, it’s clear I will have to eat more – or move less, but that’s not an option, I enjoy too much my walks to reduce them!).
    So:
    * (November 20-26: average day deficit: 679 cals
    Kilos from 55.8 to 55.1

* (November 27-dec 3: average day deficit: 697 cals – tried to eat more, but I couldn’t, I’m full! I’m beginning to think that for me the only way to not lose too much would be eating more sugar/more carbs… but I already eat a right (big) quantity every day, and my glucose in blood tests is already next to the maximum of healthy range, so… Mmhh, let’s see how this month goes).

Kilos from 55.1 to
    * (December 3-10: average day deficit: cals)
    * (December 11-17: average day deficit: cals)
    * (December 18-24 average day deficit cal)
    * (December 25-31: Goal: it will be ok from 55 to 53.9 kilos - about 118.8 lbs: no more than the starting point but also no under this limit).
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Sett2023 wrote: »
    if with the deficit of the previous week I lost too much, it’s clear I will have to eat more

* (November 27-dec 3: average day deficit: 697 cals – tried to eat more, but I couldn’t, I’m full!

I’m beginning to think that for me the only way to not lose too much would be eating more sugar/more carbs… but I already eat a right (big) quantity every day, and my glucose in blood tests is already next to the maximum of healthy range

Hi, not sure if you're looking for advice? But if you are already finding that you can't eat more, I suggest you think about increasing your healthy fats, instead of your sugar/carbs. Fat is more calorie dense (9 calories per gram of fat, compared to 4 calories per gram of carb/protein). Our bodies also need some fat to function properly. Adding some nuts, seeds, or a bit of olive/walnut/flaxseed oil to your meals will allow you to increase your calories without adding much volume. It'll be better for your blood glucose levels as well.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Starting with this week, I’ll consider only the week average weight together with the calorie deficit of the previous week (it’s from my Fitbit, so no precise at all – it really overestimates burnt calories – but it’s useful to me to have a comparison of weeks: if with the deficit of the previous week I lost too much, it’s clear I will have to eat more – or move less, but that’s not an option, I enjoy too much my walks to reduce them!).
    So:
    * (November 20-26: average day deficit: 679 cals
    Kilos from 55.8 to 55.1

* (November 27-dec 3: average day deficit: 697 cals – tried to eat more, but I couldn’t, I’m full! I’m beginning to think that for me the only way to not lose too much would be eating more sugar/more carbs… but I already eat a right (big) quantity every day, and my glucose in blood tests is already next to the maximum of healthy range, so… Mmhh, let’s see how this month goes).

Kilos from 55.1
    * (December 3-10: average day deficit: cals)
    * (December 11-17: average day deficit: cals)
    * (December 18-24 average day deficit cal)
    * (December 25-31: Goal: it will be ok from 55 to 53.9 kilos - about 118.8 lbs: no more than the starting point but also no under this limit).

Your diary is locked, so I have no idea what your diet consists of. If you need more calories, have you considered:
    • Hazelnuts
    • Almonds
    • Avocados
    • Peanuts
    • Cashews
    • Muffins
    • Cheese
    • Granola
    • Hummus with extra olive oil and plenty of tahini
    • Tortilla chips
    • Whole grain bread

Plenty of calories and deliciousness in that list. There are so many good cheeses out there. You could try a new one every day of the year and, depending on how good your local food market is, maybe not even repeat any. For sure you could eat a different one every week. Mmmm.... cheese. Please pass the Humboldt Fog!
  • Sett2023
    edited December 2023
    Options
    if with the deficit of the previous week I lost too much, it’s clear I will have to eat more

* (November 27-dec 3: average day deficit: 697 cals – tried to eat more, but I couldn’t, I’m full!

I’m beginning to think that for me the only way to not lose too much would be eating more sugar/more carbs… but I already eat a right (big) quantity every day, and my glucose in blood tests is already next to the maximum of healthy range

Hi, not sure if you're looking for advice? But if you are already finding that you can't eat more, I suggest you think about increasing your healthy fats, instead of your sugar/carbs. Fat is more calorie dense (9 calories per gram of fat, compared to 4 calories per gram of carb/protein). Our bodies also need some fat to function properly. Adding some nuts, seeds, or a bit of olive/walnut/flaxseed oil to your meals will allow you to increase your calories without adding much volume. It'll be better for your blood glucose levels as well.

Not exactly looking for that but yeah, I'll happily read them, thank you!
    I thought to sugar/carbs because of two reasons: first, I didn't change a lot in my way of eating; simply, I cut the excess of sugar (candies, a bunch for day; and croissants, that I however eat, but now it's one every breakfast, before I ate from 3 to 6 for day... I finished the box in one or two days. Now I don't buy the box, but I have my breakfast croissant at cafè, so it's one and stop). Second, I lost about 8.5 kilos in 9 months, but for two months I reintroduced croissants at home (July/August) because it was too hot to go to the cafè and I bought the croissant boxes... and in those two months I did not gain, but I also didn't lose.
    So, I'm sure it had been the sugar reduction that kindled my weight loss, and that continues fuelling it; but, even if I don't want to cut it more (I think all the nutrients are important, I'll never remove completely one food or another), I also don't want (nor can) re-boost its quantity.

About fat, I already eat them (I'm Italian, so olive oil is my religion, as olives, that we use... everywhere! While nuts I increased since from when I cut sugar, because without all that sugar I saw I was always undereating, so introduced a lot of healthy snacks, from parmesan to nuts to dark chocolate to more fruits), but yes, perhaps I could try adding some more, thanks :-)
  • Groovy38995
    Groovy38995 Posts: 5 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Let’s go!!!
    Oct. SW: 178.6
    GW: 135/140 ish?
    56 yrs old
    F
    5’3”

December Start Weight: 162.6
    December Goal Weight: 158.6
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 135 ish

December 1: 162.6
    December 8:
    December 15:
    December 22:
    December 29:
    December 31:
  • Sett2023
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »

• Hazelnuts
    • Almonds
    • Avocados
    • Peanuts
    • Cashews
    • Muffins
    • Cheese
    • Granola
    • Hummus with extra olive oil and plenty of tahini
    • Tortilla chips
    • Whole grain bread

Plenty of calories and deliciousness in that list. There are so many good cheeses out there. You could try a new one every day of the year and, depending on how good your local food market is, maybe not even repeat any. For sure you could eat a different one every week. Mmmm.... cheese. Please pass the Humboldt Fog!

Yes, I eat almost everything of this list. The only things I don't eat are avocados (don't like) and tortilla chips (not a typical food here, but I think polenta it's similar, no? and we have it very often, and it's useful also as snack, when it's cold).
    I sort of hope that perhaps my body will become used to this less-sugar-regimen (it's only 9 months) and it will slow the losing...?
    (Sincerely, I'm not worried for now; I mean, I have still some other 3-4 kilos to lose so ok, I'd prefer losing slowly but ok, I have to lose them so amen; but I'm worried for "after", that is maintaining, because already another time I lost these kilos but then I couldn't maintain, I was able only to lose or gain... This time, however, I've found the forums about maintaining and I'm studying them, so I hope I will find the key. Everyone says maintaining it's about try/mistake/re-try/find the right way...).
  • karlwillemmarien
    Options
    December Start Weight: 95 kg
    December Goal Weight: 92kg
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 85 kg

December 1: 95
    December 8:
    December 15:
    December 22:
    December 29:
    December 31:
  • UpNorthPat12
    UpNorthPat12 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm back for another month of accountability! Here's my progress to date. Even though my Start Weights were just under 170, during one of those early months I went up to about 172 before I came down again. I'm feeling good about the slow but steady weight loss. Thank you, Gin Stephens, for your book "Fast, Feast, Repeat"!

Progress to Date:
    May Start Weight: 169.5
    June Start Weight: 167.5
    July Start Weight: 164.4
    August Start Weight: 165.5
    September Start Weight: 164.0
    October Start Weight: 159.8
    November Start Weight: 155.8
    December Start Weight: 152.9

DECEMBER
    December Goal Weight: 151.5
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140-148

December 1: 152.9
    December 8:
    December 15:
    December 22:
    December 29:
    December 31:

Let's DO this.
  • lgpechtoot
    lgpechtoot Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    November Start Weight: 150.4
    November End Weight: 145.6
    December Goal Weight: 144
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140

December 1: 146 (weighed on Tue 5th)
    December 8
    December 15
    December 22
    December 29
    December 31

Hey everyone!

My heaviest adult weight was over 170lbs but I've been 150 or under since 2020. Prior to this, I constantly yo-yo'd.

I lost 4lbs last month in November's challenge. My challenge this month is maintenance, more or less, but I'm gonna keep up with the intermittent fasting and limited snacking. It would be lovely if I could drop another couple of lbs before Christmas Day.

I will weigh on Tuesdays because weighing on Fridays gives me a false reading... I always weigh less on a Friday than on a Monday. Damn those salty snacks! ;-)
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I'm back for another month of accountability! Here's my progress to date. Even though my Start Weights were just under 170, during one of those early months I went up to about 172 before I came down again. I'm feeling good about the slow but steady weight loss. Thank you, Gin Stephens, for your book "Fast, Feast, Repeat"!

Progress to Date:

DECEMBER
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140-148

December 1: 152.9
    December 8:
    December 15:
    December 22:
    December 29:
    December 31:

Let's DO this.

Nice weight loss!! Keep it up! 😀👏🏻👏🏻

• UpNorthPat12
    UpNorthPat12 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »

Progress to Date:

DECEMBER