xbowhunter Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    AF - 1
    A - 3

Cheers!
  • 2timesacharmmfp
    2timesacharmmfp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Still on my AF streak. I am almost afraid to have a drink and risk setting off a pre-holiday drinking spree. Plus, it's soooo nice to have days without no cravings. Yesterday I had none.

I'm working on "treating" myself by buying myself presents each successful week. It's my own mental game to keep me going and it's working. The past month relying on chocolates and ice cream and pricey faux tequila totally worked to keep me AF but isn't sustainable long-term. Presents are better!

Side note: motivation starts to strengthen when one feels a sense of accomplishment - tiny accomplishments matter, even if it means not drinking for a 24 hour period, or not drinking until 8pm, or drinking one less, making the first drink an AF drink, etc.

Love the side note! baby steps can be so helpful :smile:
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Started working on my mini goal last night. It helps to have a week of early morning commitments.
    Mini goal: AF Mon-Fri this week.

Monday tally: AF
    AF - 2
    A - 2
  • xbowhunter
    Options
    AF - 1
    A - 4
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone just checking in
    Yesterday 3 oz of wine while cooking dinner. That is a new one for me, usually it is with dinner. But then I was done. It feels good.

I did go on a shopping spree (lol such as it is in the land of corn). I found a blouse and a sweater then I drove home (45 min commute each way). It was actually a very nice drive.

I am hoping to get our Christmas tree in the next week or so, I would like to get it up. All gifts have been purchased but need to wrap. Cards are addressed, stamped and ready to mail. I feel like I am on top of things. But then again what else do I have to do????

@MissMay I see a blow up pool coming out soon and some canvas....or maybe a mini version for in the house. The garage has my car, and DH has his shop with all his things still scattered as he organized and puts things where he wants them. I need a bigger house already.
  • Michieb125
    Options
    Heading out the door for a few hours to volunteer and drop off some returns at UPS.
    I also have several extra holiday activities and events in this month but I’m thinking I can still choose LA and not allow myself to unravel just because it’s December.

Tuesday tally: A
    AF - 2
    A - 3 (and LA)

• zensome
    zensome Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    5 AF (includes today)
    1 A
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Still going AF-strong. My waistline is starting show and the fat rolls in my upper back under my arms disappeared. Yet, I am eating more than before. Yes, more (particularly holiday chocolates).

I used to always try to drink the lowest-calorie wine I could find and I would intentionally eat 2 meals and sometimes 1, instead of 3 (yes, bad me) just to fit in the wine calories. So, I don't think it's a calorie reduction driving my weight loss/distribution but I think my liver is starting to work better to actually burn fat.

@lmlmrn, living in the "land of corn" could be full of new opportunities. Maybe there are places to volunteer or community centers? I remember we used to talk about best places to retire and I haven't found my ideal spot yet. I have to be within a 30 mile radius of my grown kids LOL. Hopefully, they move to good places in the future, otherwise I am in trouble.
  • xbowhunter
    Options
    AF - 1
    A - 5
  • Michieb125
    Options
    I have some dental work today so was AF last night, and will be again today (counted).
    Wed / Thursday tally
    AF - 4
    A - 3
  • Michieb125
    Options
    @globalhiker how fabulous to see inches go bye-bye! When I stopped daily wine this year I also lost several inches and your observation about the liver happily waking up must be true!

@Womona It’s the little things that help our LA journey! Each past year I would drink mimosas or wine and decorate the house while listening to music, It was an ah hah moment when I realized I wasn’t doing this. Good luck at your 5 upcoming parties. Sounds like you have a good strategy. Remember to stay hydrated with club soda or other favs!
  • 2timesacharmmfp
    2timesacharmmfp Posts: 75 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    planned "A" last night due to a Holiday dinner means planned "AF" tonight (which in itself is a departure from pre-November habits!) Did have 1 drink more than my limit last night, splash of bourbon as a nightcap when we got home. Many times I find that last splash to be my take it or leave it drink and one of my goals is to start "leaving it"

4 A, 2 AF so far for December
  • zensome
    zensome Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Accountability check-in:

6 AF
    2 A
  • Michieb125
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 So very sorry for your loss of a life long friend, I’m sure your situation is extra hard with the extenuating circumstances. May you find wisdom and peace to get through this.