Are you %$@# kidding me?

Options

Replies

• audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I had a 1500calorie meal the other day and still lost 1/2lb...I'd enjoy my lunch and watch myself the rest of the week!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    how about a side garden salad (197) and add jumbo shrimp (153) with an ounce of the orange ginger dressing (165 for 3 ounces)
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    OMG, that menu is absolute insanity. The portions much be huge!

What about Tuscan salmon (1/2 portion) and a side salad? Shrimp w/ wine sauce over squash, mmmm. Spicy buffalo chicken sandwich (1/2 portion). Get rid of half the bread, you'll be even better.

Or do what I do...move calories from breakfast or dinner or today or tomorrow's meals. You can do that. Or, better yet, exercise a little extra. You've got plenty more options if you throw in even a 30 minute walk for 150 or 200 calories.

Please let us know what you end up eating. Vicarious minds want to know.
  • cgavin77
    Options
    maybe stick w/ the soup and then get a side of the steamed broccoli instead of a salad (and dressing!)

...and WOW... that is QUITE the menu!!!!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I did not look at the menu, but why stress over it. It is one of those 'every now and then' event. I guarantee if you go over your caloric intake allottment tomorrow, you will live to tell the story on Thursday. I say eat, drink, and be merry. And if you are still feeling bad about it, I am free that time tomorrow. Send me the address to Edawg@IwilleatitforU.com.
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    skip the soup and just eat the salad. eat a banana and apple and some cheese before you go to the lunch so you're not starving. a salad with water or plain tea would be appropriate for lunch. have fun and try not to stress :smile:

This!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    eat what you like and get back on track the next day. personally the steak and shrimp with the turle cheesecake sounds pretty good to me

how did you arrive at a daily caloric intake of ~1650 at a weight of 178ish assuming your ticker is correct?
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Those portion sizes must be huge....because the protein count is in the 80's on chicken dishes. Wow. That's like 4 times a recommended serving I think. How about a grilled chicken breast with none of the extra sauces and some veggies? Cut the chicken breast in half.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Order healthy, do not be afraid of ordering sauces/dressings on the side. No alcohol, [easy if it is a working lunch}. Some of the ideas above are good ones. But don't fret about it. One of the things we need to learn is how to eat in the real world. Eat healthy and light before and after. You will not derail yourself with one meal.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    personally, I'd indulge. I don't stress over one day of indulgence
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Maybe just get the side greek salad and add a grilled chicken breast to it??

Ditto! See if you can get grilled chicken, and save the soup for another time.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I'd get a burger.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    side garden salad only has 197 calories
    all of their dressings look awfully high in fat and calories
    dinner vegetables and broccoli looks pretty low cal.
    most of their soups look pretty good... not great, but ok. broccoli cheddar, chili and enchilada seem very high!
    would you consdier the kids menu? b/c the spaghetti doesn't seem that awful.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    if I can't find anything on the menu.. I just order a chicken breast and veggies and they just add them to the bill separately.. ala carte!
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm going to second dividing the extra calories over the rest of the week, and eating beforehand. Don't go for a super light breakfast and walk in there starving.

I'd say, up your calories for this particular lunch to 700-800 or so - that should be easy enough to make up with a light dinner, and a few cuts over the rest of the week. Also remember that, if you eat 250-500 calories over your allowance, you'll be in maintenance, not gaining, so you have that allowance, too.

Finally; drink water, and avoid dressings on the salads; that's what's bulking up those calories.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Why not divide that extra 160 cals over the rest of the week? Cut 40 cals/day and you break even for the week.

That's a great idea.
  • ivy2009
    Options
    get the dressing on the side and add only a little. You may cut a lot that way. If you get a sandwhich, get it with grilled (not fried or breaded chicken). Eat the protein and skip the bread, or only eat half the bread. Bring your own apple or fruit to finish things off and fill up. Drink water or diet soda. :tongue:
  • leilani♥
    Options
    Enjoy IT!!!!! One lunch out isn't going to make you gain all that weight you lost :)
  • ttrotter1960
    Options
    Honestly, don't stress over it. Go and celebrate whatever the occassion is and don't worry about it any further. Eat as reasonable a meal as you can and don't worry about making it up or anything of the like. One meal will not make ANY difference in your long term out come. That is a promise and I don't make promises lightly.

As a matter of fact, there are some really good diet plans (Body For Life is one) that actually tell you to give yourself a free day (no work out and whatever you want to eat) once a week. The thought is that if you have something to look forward to then the rest of the week will be easier and your body is less prone to go into a low metabolic state if it has a day of 'normal' food intake. I am not advocating this diet for you but what I want to get across is that you'll lose weight as a result of a LONG term effort. One special occassion will not make a difference. Just make sure that they don't occur very often.

Good luck.
  • ebonaskavi
    ebonaskavi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You could do half a turkey burger and replace your fries with a side of broccoli or a fruit cup (offered through the children's menu, but I bet you could get them to give you one)

And soup and a side salad doesn't sound too bad either.

but yeah... in general that's a freakin' ridiculous menu... you should not be eating over 1000 calories for a single meal