πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€***DECEMBER 2023 WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE***πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Options

Replies

• skintight303
    skintight303 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    andja87 wrote: Β»
    Way to go!

Thank you! This week I held myself firm to my calorie counts and deficits. Added in extra walking and movement.
    Trying to put some extra work in now ahead of the holiday, so Christmas doesn’t bite me so hard lol

I'm sure it feels so good in the face of so much temptation. I am inspired!
  • lgpechtoot
    lgpechtoot Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Highest weight (2009): 174lbs

November Start Weight: 150.4
    November End Weight: 145.6
    December Goal Weight: 144
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 140

December 1: 146 (weighed on Tue 5th)
    December 8: 145.2 (weighed Tue 12th)
    December 15: 144.8 (weighed Tue 19th)
    December 22
    December 29
    December 31

Hey everyone!

I lost 4lbs in November's challenge. My challenge this month is maintenance, more or less.

I weigh on Tuesdays because weighing on Fridays gives me a false reading... I always weigh less on a Friday than on a Monday.

I have not tried so hard this week, as I had dinner out and a takeaway at the weekend. So I feel lucky to have lost a little and don't quite trust it!
  • Sdun1112002
    Sdun1112002 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    December 1:210
    December 8:206 I’m confused by this but I’m not hopping on the scale for a recheck. 🌲
    December 15: 209 I think I may have eaten an extra cookie or two recently β˜ƒοΈ I feel just as confused by this as last week seriously. Eyes on my goal.

Do you only weigh yourself once a week? If so, you can expect some significant fluctuations that may or may not just be anomalies. Weight loss is not linear. What I do is weigh every day and try not to pay too attention to that number. I put the number in a spreadsheet and then look at a trend. I calculate a 7-day average once a week, and I keep a running 10-day moving average. I also run a weighted moving average that also looks back ten days. This is a good approach because it gives a higher importance to today's weight than to your weight several days ago with the least impact from the number ten days ago. I get plenty of fluctuations, and the averaging smooths them out.

As an example from my own real data over the last couple weeks, if I look at my weight over a certain four-day period, I would have thought I gained 5.2 pounds. If I had looked at a four-day period that started the previous day, I would have thought I lost weight. If I look at the seven-day period that ends today, I would think I had actually lost 9.2 pounds. I doubt it. If I look at my weighted moving average over the last seven days, I can confirm I'm losing, but only 2.1 pounds. This is an unusual weight loss because I'm sick, but it's a good example.

For a deeper explanation of how it works, check out The Hackers Diet - especially the pages on Signal & Noise.

There are online tools that do all the math for you.
    Thank you for your response.
    I do weigh in daily.
    I’m using this more of a keep me on track through the holidays.
    I’ve never read the hackers diet I’ll have to check it out.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,997 Member
    Options
    I always start these challenges and have the hardest time finishing them. I'm trying to get back into it and succeed this time.

December Start Weight:
    December Goal Weight:
    Ultimate Goal Weight:

December 1: 344.4
    December 8: 343.8
    December 15: 334.8

December 22: 346.8 ( I had surgery a week ago and was stressed/depressed which probably contributed to some added weight gain around this time. )

December 29:
    December 31:

And inflammation. Take care of yourself. Hope you recover quickly and well.