Any Peloton users/At-home exercisers?

Options
Wondering if there are any Peloton users out there who would like to connect for accountability and motivation. I found a couple of groups but they haven’t been active in a long time. I’m willing to start a new group if anyone is interested! I use the bike and the app.

Also, if anyone is not a Peloton user but sticks to at-home exercise, that would be a great way to connect too!

Replies

• chrisjpage82
    chrisjpage82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m a peloton user, would be interested in joining a group if It was setup
  • earlybirdlady
    earlybirdlady Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Let’s see if anyone else comments and we can get something going.
  • clhardy5
    clhardy5 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just got my bike a month ago, and LOVE it. I would be interested in some accountability.
  • earlybirdlady
    Options
    Congrats! Glad to hear you are loving it. I was a big time skeptic when we bought ours in 2020 but was also in need of an at-home workout machine. Been using it ever since!
  • earlybirdlady
    Options
    Ok I started a group - Peloton Strong in 2024. If you can’t find it, let me know and I’ll add you. We’ll see if it takes off 🤷‍♀️
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    not a peloton user, but i've been working out at home for years.

i use an exercise bike, a bells of steel cable tower with all sorts of attachments, a barbell and an easy curl bar with a rep bench (sometimes a lighter steelbody bench), sometimes resistance bands and more. i love not driving to the gym and waiting in line for machines, and all my equipment is exactly what i need, clean and in perfect repair!
  • earlybirdlady
    Options
    @zebasschick yesss it’s the best! I have a rack with a few weights, up to 30, and a pull-up bar in the garage. I’ve been wanting to work toward unassisted pull-up but keep getting away from it. I also have a heavy bag for boxing but haven’t used that in years. Looking forward to getting in some more challenging workouts
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @zebasschick yesss it’s the best! I have a rack with a few weights, up to 30, and a pull-up bar in the garage. I’ve been wanting to work toward unassisted pull-up but keep getting away from it. I also have a heavy bag for boxing but haven’t used that in years. Looking forward to getting in some more challenging workouts

have you tried pullup assist bands? they make sets ranging from very strong to minimal, so you can use them to slowly increase the percentage of your body weight you're pulling up.

• fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have a recumbent bike and use my daughter’s Peloton app. I ride the rides but obviously don’t do them as directed since I don’t have a Peloton bike. I did the Boxing Day ride and thoroughly enjoyed it. Also the Kelly Clarkson slow down and Sam Yo’s Rocky strength workout.
  • earlybirdlady
    Options

have you tried pullup assist bands? they make sets ranging from very strong to minimal, so you can use them to slowly increase the percentage of your body weight you're pulling up.

Yes I have them they are really helpful. I haven’t made it past the strongest band, that’s my next goal.
  • earlybirdlady
    Options
    fabgeekmom wrote: »
    I have a recumbent bike and use my daughter’s Peloton app. I ride the rides but obviously don’t do them as directed since I don’t have a Peloton bike. I did the Boxing Day ride and thoroughly enjoyed it. Also the Kelly Clarkson slow down and Sam Yo’s Rocky strength workout.

I just saw the new Kelly Clarkson rides I’ll have to check them out. I was gifted with food poisoning so I’m going to ease back in with a recovery ride tomorrow!
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    @earlybirdlady Sorry about the food poisoning. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I'm a peleton user. We've got the guide, I generally run outside and use the guide or app for stretching. I'm trying to do more yoga and weights. I have my bike up on a trainer and use that with the app, but haven't cycled in a long time. I'll look for the group.
  • earlybirdlady
    Options
    @Mrscanmore awesome! Heard great things about the guide and I’m saving up for one. Let me know if you have any difficulty finding the group. hopefully we can get more members and get some discussion going there soon!
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    You can try to work up to unassisted pullups a few ways:

1. Inverted rows. With dip bars or a barbell in fixed position, lay underneath and pull up. Some of your bodyweight is fixed to the ground, so it's easier.
    2. Do negatives. Get in position with a step if needed. Do a slow negative. Repeat.
    3. Chinups are a bit easier, i.e. supinated grip. It brings the biceps in a bit more and should be easier, but it still works the back too.

I don't get the point of using bands for pullups. The bands assist you more at the bottom than the top, which is the opposite of what you need.
  • earlybirdlady
    Options
    @Retroguy2000 thanks! I actually forgot about negatives. I got that advice a while back but never consistently implemented it. I’m going to start incorporating those tomorrow.