JANUARY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Anyone here has had a chronic patellar injury? Did using a knew brace to run help you?

I’m planning on getting back to running, but not at the risk of hurting my knee. Lately I’ve been using mostly the elliptical as it is gentle on the knee.

Thank you
  • kbrown1527
    kbrown1527 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What do your diets look like??

I’m struggling a lot with my diet. I’ve been eating higher protein and splitting my remaining macros between carbs and fat and that worked great with how much lifting I was doing. Then when I started researching diet for endurance/cardio based workouts it says to eat mostly carbs. When I eat more carbs I just get tired! They’re good carbs too.. rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal etc.

Not sure if I should stick with it for a while or go back to what I was doing. Or adjust it until I get what I feel best eating.

Macros were 40p/30f/30c
    Now 30p/25f/45c
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    kbrown1527 wrote: »
    What do your diets look like??

Mine's pretty bad. This running group is very wide-ranging, for instance "Math" came up awhile ago. Imagine that.

In MFP the number one tool for diet and nutrition is to log all of your food into the Food Diary. Do you do that? Second, open it up and share your Food Diary with "MFP Friends" or "Everyone." That's this website's gold standard for dealing with nutrition and food choices. I need to take my own suggestion. :)

Do you log your food in the MFP Food Diary? Do you share it?
  • kbrown1527
    kbrown1527 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @chris_in_cal yes I do log my food in the diary and it is public
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,124 Member
    edited January 3
    Options
    Mari33a wrote: »
    I managed to lose 35lbs last year

Great. Talk about burying the lede, that is a huge accomplishment, congratulations.

@Mari33a 35 lbs? oh wow that is amazing!! well done!!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,124 Member
    edited January 3
    Options
    Dry January here we go...
    I'm in too. It's a good thing.

@chris_in_cal good going Sir! I, absolutely over-indulged last half of December. And then some.
    Liver is like foie-gras now! lol
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @kbrown1527 your macros look fine, but food / diet varies widely for every person. You really just have to experiment with what works best for you and try to stay consistent (enough) to make it work for you.
    Good Luck!!!!