JANUARY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,080 Member
    Options
    Way to get out and run in that cold weather @kgirlhart !

@shanaber I'm really glad that you are enjoying your trip so much. The pictures are awesome. I'm sorry that you couldn't make it on the hike, but so glad that you knew when to turn around and listened to your body. You'll get back to where you were, hopefully sooner than you think.

You're doing great with your plan @chris_in_cal .

You did great today @tarun_yadavA !

Nice running @Laurz9191 . Getting more traction sounds like a good idea. Your run sounds like it was very peaceful.

Great running and beautiful picture @Mari33a . Is that your house? I love that lighted room with the view of all the surrounding area.

Amazing recovery @martaindale . Is your upcoming race another HM? I see that it is. I think if you stay vertical you will be able to get another PR!

Great running before the weather gets worse @yirara .

You did great @daria0919 . Sometimes layers is better than a lot of heavy "warm" clothing....says the person who uses the treadmill rather than running in the cold. :lol:

Great running @Teresa502 . That road looks a bit too icy for my my liking. Be careful out there.

Glad you were able to get out for a run today @Scott6255 .

• Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I agree with the rest of the group. Really nice photos. I hope you enjoy your time there. It looks beautiful!

@tarun_yadavA Gloves are great (and not very expensive). I recommend a really light thin pair that can easily be stuffed in any pocket.

@quilteryoyo I hope you don't have to drive anywhere soon. It seems quite impossible to clear a route until the ice melts. Good job shoveling. That's hard work!

@martaindale Wow, another HM. Good luck with your preparation and upright goal!

Yesterday I kind of tweaked one of my hamstrings during my snow run. I really do enjoy running in the snow, but I believe there is some inherent danger in possibly over-rotating or twisting something, as you can't fully anticipate how your body will connect with the ground below it. Today it was quite icy and I didn't want to tempt fate or injure my leg further, so I opted for 12km on the treadmill. It was dreadfully dull as always, but I started a new audiobook which held my attention till I was done :).

So far 132.6/200km for January.

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »
    Morning all.

Got in 4 (at 09"55).
    100M up... So should be able to cross the 135 goal I set out.

Oh and gloves... Invest? Or ride it out for another 4-6weeks with this uber-manly pair I found lying around?? Lol
    fpsikyhnir5d.jpg

Hope you all have a nice weekend 😊
    @tarun_yadavA my vote is go with this uber-manly pair 😆

Hahahaha
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,080 Member
    Options
    Great run @tarun_yadavA . I vote for the uber manly gloves you found. :lol:

@SummerSkier Nice running/walking. I haven't been able to use the ticker in over a year and the last time I did, I couldn't get it to save either. Now, it just goes through a refresh loop and I can't chose the ticker or tracker. So, you just get longer posts of my daily runs/walks. I guess I wouldn't have to keep putting it all out there everyday. I could just update the total...humm.