The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• redux1985
    redux1985 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @mmatcha_latte I'm also 38 and have always been reluctant to admit I belong in this category :#
  • GenXMissusSpags
    GenXMissusSpags Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    redux1985 wrote: »
    @mmatcha_latte I'm also 38 and have always been reluctant to admit I belong in this category :#

I'm in denial that I'm going to be 50 in June so enjoy your 30s! :wink:
  • redux1985
    redux1985 Posts: 231 Member
    Options

Well now I feel bad for saying that, but it's only numbers; and thank you!
  • GenXMissusSpags
    GenXMissusSpags Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Well now I feel bad for saying that, but it's only numbers; and thank you!

I mean, I still feel like I'm in my 30s so don't feel bad..lol!
  • mmatcha_latte
    mmatcha_latte Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Haha I know right? My 30s have gone by insanely fast, I honestly can't believe I'm only 1.5 years away from 40 😭
  • KyleCrane933
    KyleCrane933 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New to the group/ app. Always are healthy.. soni thought. I always had a sweet tooth though figured it balanced out.. pre diabetes so started watching what I eat... Getting my a1c and triglycerides down now... Finally back to normal yeah soni thought every thing good but ldl up.. had to much to monitor so downloaded the app to help so I can see where I went wrong.. and coarse correct. Has helped a bit only one week in though still loading my receipts as I cook.. hard to do as I cook to taste never been a recipe follower..
    Not big on fried food or red meat so looking for the cholesterol culprit. Goal come march everything will be good..
    Hell 6m on the sugar watch and adjustments already down 27 lbs and not even trying. Maybe this will get me to my late 20s weight.. sorry but high school was too skinny.
    High school 125
    Boot camp grad 98
    Weight room junkie till 23 hit 198 with 28 waist.. wife said had problem so made cut backs
    Settled on a 138 to 150 range and nice medium
    Early 30s crazy work hours and fast food had me up to 200
    Dropped it in 6m to a fit 155
    10 years later slow shift in diet and not even realize I was doing it and back to 198.
    I knew I was putting it on but 42 had blood work and said sugar.. said oh *kitten* yeah I have let my sweet tooth take over yes I still eat healthy food but I have started eating mores sweets too. 6m and at 172.

Sorry about the life story just putting it out so y'all know my journey.. eat all the food you want it just takes the little bit of negative food left in monitored to override the good you put in. My weakness PBJ..Reese's.and Mt dew. Yes I drank almost gallon water a day. Ate granola.. high fiber diet along with fish 3 times a week and red meat maybe e times a month. Fried food no more than once a week. But my what can I hurt was actually hurting me.
    Now my dew is limited to wr ounces over a week
    Reese pieces now and no more than 6 pieces aday and sometimes I won't even grab them anymore. Pbf is half a sandwich low sugar 8 g or less and smart balance PB and try not to eat more than 2 of those a week. Not removing it just moderation
  • capgordon6530
    capgordon6530 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hey folks am 42 and getting bk into the swing of fitness and could always use some advice and motivation and food ideas feel free to add me folks .
  • Pika_Jess
    Pika_Jess Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃
  • Chihuahua_Momma_
    Options
    Hi. 44yr old female taking Ozempic while on the road to bariatric surgery. I’ve lost 30lbs since mid July. 248lbs and 5’7. Just wanted to let people in Ontario Canada that OHIP pays for gastric bypass and gastric sleeve. To qualify you have to get referred to the program by your doctor and have a BMI of 44, or 40 if you have certain medical conditions. Talk to your doctor.
  • _Grafter
    _Grafter Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    53 yr old male from the UK, always happy to have new friends 😁
  • rvn84q85vh
    rvn84q85vh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m 37, on a journey, and discovering that life is good again! Anybody from North East Scotland ?
  • meltaylor83
    meltaylor83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all! New here, so be nice! Looking for friends to keep me motivated and hold each other accountable. Today is day one for me 😁
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Bumping this thread. Good to see some familiar names still posting here. Happy New Year, all!
  • kryptoniancanuck
    kryptoniancanuck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just rejoined MFP after being away for a while as life got busy, especially with young kiddos! Hoping to find some friends here for motivation and accountability!
  • xamms
    xamms Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Embarking on a transformative fitness and weight loss journey! 🚀💪 Excited to share the highs, lows, and everything in between with an incredible community of like-minded individuals. Let's uplift, motivate, and achieve our health goals together! If you're ready for a supportive and fun-filled journey, let's connect and inspire each other on this incredible adventure. Together, we'll turn dreams into reality and make every workout count. Let's be the unstoppable force that transforms challenges into triumphs! 🌟🏋️‍♂️ #FitnessJourney #WeightLossGoals #TogetherWeAchieveMore
  • casanti6741
    casanti6741 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I’m turning 50 this year and my husband and I are finally empty nester. We realized like a lot of parents do we’ve neglected ourselves over the years. I’m hoping this year will be a year of rediscovery and getting back to a healthy lifestyle with some new friends along the way. Also, I’m glad to be included in with the 30 year olds 😂

I’m starting off doing strength training in the gym and starting keto to jump start some things
  • Galifray74
    Galifray74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Man when did I become a middle ager? It was just yesterday I was 22 with a six pack and drinking a gallon of jungle juice and not waking up with a hangover the next morning. Now I sag, cant drink a shot of tequila without dying the next day and lets not talk about doubling 21 and adding 7. Oy Vey! Feel free to add me. I am active, fun and try to comment. If you want a like minded 40 something to share general woes with I am your man.
  • trouble30
    trouble30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, 44 this year I’m so rubbish with food I either over eat or not eat at all. I go to the gym regular and lift, I try to stay active also.
  • drvaljones
    drvaljones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just joined Myfitnesspal - used to use the Livestrong MyPlate app to track my meals and just discovered it closed last year (fell off the tracking wagon but 2024 is a new year). I'm 52 and fighting the good fight - been enjoying the Les Mills exercise videos on demand. You may have participated in BodyPump or RPM at your gym... now I do it at home and it's just as good. Only downside - not terribly social, lol. So maybe the middle agers group is the final ingredient I need? I also think it's very cute that you 30 somethings want to be middle agers. At least you'll get a glimpse of things to come. ;-)