What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    54ogmy3fikhh.jpeg
    Quick dinner of leftovers because it’s late and I’m tired.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,769 Member
    Options
    Sunday lunch: chicken salad wrap with a hardboiled egg and a latte
    ohyjh4tjw40x.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    Beef rendang pulled out of the freezer with some sides.
    1awcm3de8ue9.jpeg
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,805 Member
    edited January 9
    Options
    @cmsienk I'm so glad you finally got a decent meal! I feel for you, hotel/travel eating can be so difficult when you're trying to eat well. You've been doing great with what you had to work with... and I hope you have a pleasant trip home :)

@mtaratoot Are you familiar with the BeepEgg?
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,217 Member
    Options
    Are you familiar with the BeepEgg?

Not until now.... Cute idea, but I'm perfectly happy using a timer.

I used to use a method that mostly worked great: Put egg(s) in cold water in a pan, put the pan on the stove, turn it on high. When it boils, take it off the heat and let sit for nine minute for hard cooked egg; a little shorter depending on preference. It worked OK except that if you aren't watching when it boils, you can overcook it. If you do that you can get that green layer between the yolk and the albumin. I was a rabid proponent of this method because obviously it was the best.

Well, I switched over a year ago to a new way that I now find is even better. Put the right amount of water in the pot and get it to boil. When it's boiling, and it doesn't matter if you miss the timing, turn the heat down and gently lower the egg(s) in. Have the timer set before you do this and press start as soon as the egg(s) are in. I was doing just short of nine minutes, and now I've settled on eight minutes most of the time. A friend of mine would turn her nose up if she saw one; she'd go for ten minutes. Have a bowl ready about half full of water, and have some ice cubes ready. As soon as the timer goes off (my stove timer gives me a one-minute warning so I'm ready), take the eggs out and put them in the water and pour the ice on top. Let sit for five or ten minutes. BOOM.

I made two more eggs tonight. One went on my bean soup. The other is in the fridge because I have one more serving of soup left for tomorrow. My meal was more than those tasty crispy potatoes, but you've already seen the soup, and it looks pretty boring.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Starter of baked tomato and feta on toast followed by pan fried seabass with chimichurri, new potatoes and rucola salad.
    bzedpqhd3y79.jpeg
    jo3h7otkaj6y.jpeg
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,769 Member
    edited January 9
    Options
    Tuesday lunch on the plane: chicken breast with quinoa, carrots, haricot vents, a roasted tomato and a salad. It was actually not bad. I skipped the cookie.
    (Lemon yogurt and a latte for breakfast. )njsm0p2er8am.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Thai garlic and pepper chicken stir fry, something we ate on vacation two weeks ago and is remarkably quick and easy. Sauteed spinach with Chinese olive vegetable. Brown rice.
    2ig1e2h8rc05.jpeg