Low fat low carb diet

Options
2»

Replies

• dennis3031
    dennis3031 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For me I have found Lo carb & high protein to be an effective solution to my challenges I use MyFitnessPal to track my macros & keep an eye on my calorie intake I focus on the following
    Carbs - 20-30% intake
    Protien - 30% intake 1.5-2.0 grams per kg of ideal body weight
    Balance is healthy fats, I avoid seed oils except olive oil & coconut oil
    I used keto to reduce my body weight from 140kgs to 82kgs with little or no exercise
    Let me know if you’d like access to my food diary I post it every day
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Hello all.
    Recently I’ve been told I needed to go on a low-fat/low carb diet to bring down my triglycerides. I’m having a hard time finding foods to eat that I like. I have a very small pallet when it comes to food. Please help Thank you.

What does your doctor consider low fat or low carb in this context? People are talking about keto (which I think can be great for some people; I'm currently low carb, although probably not keto), but I think these terms get used really loosely. For example, I've often seen "low fat" used to mean anything below 30% fat, and low carb used to mean below 100 g net carbs -- or even meaning "mostly cut out certain types of carbs" -- when outside the context of specific diets. Those kinds of definitions would make way more sense if you are being recommended to do both low fat and low carb.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,921 Member
    Options
    dennis3031 wrote: »
    For me I have found Lo carb & high protein to be an effective solution to my challenges I use MyFitnessPal to track my macros & keep an eye on my calorie intake I focus on the following
    Carbs - 20-30% intake
    Protien - 30% intake 1.5-2.0 grams per kg of ideal body weight
    Balance is healthy fats, I avoid seed oils except olive oil & coconut oil
    I used keto to reduce my body weight from 140kgs to 82kgs with little or no exercise
    Let me know if you’d like access to my food diary I post it every day

Yeah your before and after in the lost 100 lb thread is truly inspiring, good job.
  • jamison77
    jamison77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been carnivore since Sept 15 2023. I lost 45 pounds im 34 but I feel 18. The only exercise I do is 5k to 10k steps a day. Highly recommend this diet.