Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 247

Options

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,837 Member
    Options
    @GregoryStaley CONGRATULATIONS! Keep up the good work.

@BillyAZ Look back at the last 2-3 days and watch for a pattern. That 0.5# is probably not the result of one day. At least this has been my experience.
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    @Leigh_b Happy birthday!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,855 Member
    Options
    @GregoryStaley Congratulations on a Solid 10 pound Loss!!!! It's all paying off, my friend!
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    I promised someone on here a review of the Peloton. Well, I wanted to give a first impression to you (in the spoiler because it's a bit long)

For those who already have a Peloton, feel free to follow me if you'd like (Cam_a_lam13)
    We received it today and the delivery company installed it exactly where we wanted. All we had to do was connect the internet and set everything up. Easy peasy!

Next up, the app on my phone (or the website). I was able to link my Strava account to my Peloton account so all my workouts will be automatically imported. Fitbit can also be imported, but you have to complete a workout first apparently. After that first "share" to Fitbit, it will then be automatic. I have a run scheduled for tomorrow so we will see if the app gives that option to automate the Fitbit data transfer. If not, I'll have to sneak in a quick ride to engage that function. I have my Fitbit watch on my wrist so the runs will be already tracked anyway and that's not a big deal. The strength, stretch, and cycling is more tedious if I have to manually input.

But the account! I can choose whatever workout I want. I can use the screen on the bike or use the app on my phone (like tomorrow I'll be on the app due to being outdoors which there's an option for that when searching courses!). There's also a scheduling function. I went through, filtered the courses/classes. I have an outdoor run tomorrow, a 15 minute full-body stretch Saturday, 20 minute cycling Monday (when we're below freezing), 20 minute full body strength Tuesday and Thursday, and a 45 minute run (including warmup/cool down so the runs themselves are between 37-39 minutes), and another 15 minute full body stretch next Saturday. I choose the date and time I'd like to do it and boom! It's on my app's calendar. I can also export that as a calendar invite to my personal (google) calendar if I choose.

The ability to search out classes and schedule workouts in advance alone is a huge plus I'll give Peloton. I especially like keeping my workouts "new" and exciting (not repetitive and boring) and giving me an easy way to knock out a workout. There's less of a chance of me talking myself out of something if I already know what I'm going to do an it's as simple as clicking on the day and clicking "start". I sometimes simply say "tomorrow's a run day" or "tomorrow's strength" and I don't really plan anything. That leaves me scrambling for a workout and often times, it's not an ideal workout or I skip it entirely. If I can sit down and plan my workouts like I plan my meals/grocery list every week, I'll skip that step entirely.

A quick rundown: I can choose from strength, meditation, cycling, stretching, yoga, outdoor (running and walking both included under this one), running (treadmill), walking (treadmill), cardio (example: cardio kickboxing), tread bootcamp, bike bootcamp, rowing, and row bootcamp. From there, I can filter by time, body focus (upper body, lower body, full body, beginner, etc) and more to find a class that meets my needs. I can either bookmark it or add it to my schedule if I have a specific date/time in mind.

I'll likely update more thoughts after tomorrow's run. I likely won't test the bike itself until Monday's ride so more on that later.