πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€***JANUARY 2024 WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE***πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Options

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,983 Member
    Options
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 63 years old and I live in the Midwest of the US. I am 5’ 5” tall. My highest weight was 253 in 2016. My MFP start weight was 235 in 2018.

Start Weight (from Dec 31st, 2023 ): 183.8
    Goal Weight: 179.8 (4 pound loss)

End of Challenge Weight: xxxxx
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 145-155 (I’ll know it when I get there!)

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

01/01-181.6-(Trend Weight: 180.3)-

01/07-183.0-(Trend Weight: 181.3)- Pizza yesterday that didn’t help my cause but I managed to keep it under my allotted calorie and carb limits. I did get off my lazy you-know-what and get some exercise in. Today I will work to improve my diet choices. The holidays are over and it’s time to get into the swing of things again. It’s been a bad week. I am aiming for a good week going forward.

01/14-183.0-(Trend Weight: 181.2)- I THOUGHT I lost some weight this week and then my scale broke. I ordered and received a new one after a few days. Very strange results. The scale weight was higher than the weights for the previous days on my other scale (before it broke). My fat percentage MUCH higher, but my visceral fat is lower. I hate getting new scales because it seems you always weigh more on the new one. Oh well, starting from scratch I guess. We’ve got about 2 weeks (and 3 weigh-ins for me) until the end of the round and I plan on making the most of them. Oh, the best laid plans of mice and men…..

01/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-
    01/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-
    01/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150's
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady

Donna,

Here's something to think about, and maybe rethink using blue for today's weigh-in. Many scales are a little off from actual mass. I used to weigh myself in my clothes and shoes immediately before going to work and then use the balance scale at work to check how accurate it is. It was always off by the same amount - about a half pound. It was my little way of calibrating my brain to the scale. Then I ended up with a second scale that I actually don't use, but I started "calibrating" it too. It's also always the same amount off, but in the other direction. The actual weight on a scale that uses balances is pretty much right in between them. I do the same thing when I go to the doctor's office - I think they might even have their scale certified, although it's a digital scale. There's a scale in my gym; I should do it when I go there sometimes too since I don't go to work anymore (YAY!!!).

So it's entirely possible that neither your old scale or your new scale showed your actual mass, but ideally they were consistent. Draw a line from the day you started using the new scale and use that as a starting point. Take off that blue color. Maybe don't put fuchsia because it's not enough to be tickled pink, but no reason to be blue. One of my MFP friends pointed out that tomorrow is "Blue Monday" in the U.K. Don't let that make YOU blue! Maybe make it PURPLE just for today?
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,983 Member
    Options
    @mtaratoot I see what you mean and agree. See how pretty my purple is? Thank You!

weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 63 years old and I live in the Midwest of the US. I am 5’ 5” tall. My highest weight was 253 in 2016. My MFP start weight was 235 in 2018.

Start Weight (from Dec 31st, 2023 ): 183.8
    Goal Weight: 179.8 (4 pound loss)

End of Challenge Weight: xxxxx
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 145-155 (I’ll know it when I get there!)

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

01/01-181.6-(Trend Weight: 180.3)-

01/07-183.0-(Trend Weight: 181.3)-

01/14-183.0-(Trend Weight: 181.2)- I THOUGHT I lost some weight this week and then my scale broke. I ordered and received a new one after a few days. Very strange results. The scale weight was higher than the weights for the previous days on my other scale (before it broke). My fat percentage MUCH higher, but my visceral fat is lower. I hate getting new scales because it seems you always weigh more on the new one. Oh well, starting from scratch I guess. We’ve got about 2 weeks (and 3 weigh-ins for me) until the end of the round and I plan on making the most of them. Oh, the best laid plans of mice and men…..

01/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

01/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

01/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150's
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    January Start Weight: 152
    January Goal Weight: 147
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 125

January 1: 152
    January 8: 152
    January 15: 151.8

weight.png
  • BrandNewNelle
    BrandNewNelle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ultimate Start Weight (01/02/2024): 223 lbs
    January Goal Weight: 219 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 130 lbs

January 5: 215.5 lbs (- 7.5)
    WOAH. I think this huge drop is because I got sick with Covid and wasn't eating much. I'm expecting to go back up a little by the end of the month.
    January 12: DNW
    I was still feeling unwell from Covid, so I didn't do much. Including weighing myself this week.
    January 19:
    January 26:
    January 31:
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year and here we go. Super excited and optimistic that this is the year I finally turn it around. I know I will see many of you in this challenge throughout 2024 and look forward to sharing and celebrating everyones success stories. Lets get to it and my best to all of you.

January Start Weight:260.1
    January Goal Weight: 256.1
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 210.1

January 1:260.1
    January 8: 259.9
    January 15: 259.1 Certainly not coming off like I want. I look forward to getting past this arctic weather so I can get back to my outdoors walks.
    January 22:
    January 29:
    January 31:

2024 wt lost: 1.0

That's almost a pound per week this week which is pretty good. A pound in two weeks is still a half pound a week! Do you only weigh once a week? It might also just be fluctuations. Stick with the program and success awaits. After a month or so, if things are still not working the way you're planning, think about changing the approach.

• Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Goal for Week # 1 - focus on losing again after a long vacation and a month plus of eating holiday foods and desserts

Goal for week # 2 - plan healthy meals in advance for accurate logging of calories, introduce more vegetables, reduce sodium and get in lots of walking on non-rainy days. Accomplished all but the walking 🌧️ it has been a wet and cold week and my head cold is still hanging on 🀧 I also found myself reaching for snacks during football which I need to definitely avoid!

Goal for Week #3 - shake the head cold and continue healthy meal planning with lower sodium, no wine and lower sugar. Get some walks in. Back to basics!

January Start Weight:147.5
    January Goal Weight: 143
    Ultimate Goal Weight:140

January 1: 147.5
    January 8: 147.3
    January 15: 146.4 (Friday) 148.1 (today)
    January 22:
    January 29:
    January 31:
  • CedarRD
    CedarRD Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The only way I can keep my weight off is through accountability....so guess what...YOU'RE IT!!!

January Start Weight: 145 lb
    January Goal Weight: 145 lb
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 135 lb

January 1:145 lb
    January 8: 148 lb
    January 15: 150 lb :(
    January 22:
    January 29:
    January 31:

Thank you everyone!