Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 247

Options

Replies

• jspecies11
    jspecies11 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    @Onewomanswalk
    Best of luck with your TNCC certification.
    I was a TNCC instructor a few years back and loved running those lectures and simulations.
    You’ve got this!
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,279 Member
    Options
    @_JeffreyD_ Have you left us? I don’t recall seeing one of your witty posts for lots of days.

@quiltingjaine Merph has been on my MFP feed but not on this challenge lately either.

I miss him :( , his posts made me laugh :)
  • jerier
    jerier Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    @Cchassee and @jerier How do you know you are in ketosis and to what degree? Do you test your blood? I use KetoMojo meter and test strips.

@quiltingjaine I use the Ketonix breath ketone analyzer. From Ketonix (translated into English):

β€œBreath Ketones are proportional to the ketones produced by the liver. The more breath ketones you have, the more fat is metabolized into ketone energy.

Blood Ketones are formed by the cells when other fuel becomes available. They can then be used when the other fuel becomes low. Blood ketones is only of interest to people that have type 1 Diabetes, as their cells can not convert the blood ketones into energy again when blood sugar is high. The blood ketones accumulate and the blood becomes acidic.

People with a normal production of insulin does not have this issue. Blood ketone levels will at first be high due to lack of adaptation to create and use them. By time blood ketone levels become low when the cells adapted.

Regardless the level of adaptation, breath ketones indicate the breakdown of fat into ketone energy.”

I can’t speak to blood ketone measurement. I can say that breath analysis has been consistent for me as a measuring tool.