What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Avocado salad with herbs and capers and I added a can of Albacore tuna because I needed protein. The salad on its own is just okay, but it provided a really nice backdrop for the tuna!
    r77jucnrignf.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    edited January 12
    Options
    Pork & Tomatillo Stew from The Whole30 Cookbook by Melissa Urban / Hartwig (I think she got married, some editions of her books still have her old name and some have the new one). I left out the potatoes, and used habanero instead of jalapeño (much less than the recipe calls for, as well). I've made this before and like it quite a bit, although this time I overdid it a bit on the radish & cabbage garnish and got tired of it lol
    ictmdu1sl6pn.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,270 Member
    Options
    I didn't take a picture this time because it looks pretty much like last time. Sorry about that - this is supposed to be "with pictures." Forgive me.

I made another round of "Oven "Fried" Sweet Potatoes." This time I used hazelnut oil instead of olive oil. This time I seasoned with salt and pepper as usual plus Hatch green chile powder as my chile of choice. then I had the notion to also add some cinnamon.

The browned up nicely, and they got crisp but not burned. The sweetness of the potato along with the earthiness of the hazelnut oil and cinnamon really worked well together. I will do this again. I have a few more sweet potatoes in the pantry as well as a Japanese sweet potato. They are firmer. I might do something different with it.
  • takinitalloff
    edited January 12
    Options
    Chicken Chowder from Keto Slow Cooker & One-Pot Meals by Martina Šlajerová. I left out the heavy cream this time because I'm watching my cholesterol, honestly it's great both ways. Doesn't look pretty but it is delicious comfort food. A staple at my house for those chilly, dark winter days when nothing will warm me up quite like a nice hot soup.
    ioheefj60omk.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    Ratatouille -- yum. Like a sunny summer day captured in a bowl. I made a big batch and ate this for breakfast several days in a row, together with a soft-boiled egg for protein.
    3eh19peyn4tc.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    We eat out on Fridays because the hubby feels it makes the weekend feel longer. We went to a traditional Chinese.
    qgr10ermcek7.jpeg
    8y3khg25xxpr.jpeg
    ikgfg0b60r0z.jpeg
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,270 Member
    Options
    I will probably have some tonight, but it will be better tomorrow.

Split pea and barley soup with lots of garlic, serrano chile, carrots, celery, onion and herbs & spices. I really like my ceramic cast iron Dutch Oven.

dpxeso20spso.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Salad of layered mozarella and beets as well as avocado with cherry tomato with some serrano ham shavings scattered on top. Main of pan fried sea bass fillets on butter beans warmed up in chimmichuri. Side of sauteed green beans and mushroom
    tkm1v12tiigi.jpeg
    7y9hgk3bd8ta.jpeg
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Salad of layered mozarella and beets as well as avocado with cherry tomato with some serrano ham shavings scattered on top.
    tkm1v12tiigi.jpeg

ohhhh YUM that looks amazing.
  • Sett2023
    Sett2023 Posts: 158 Member
    edited January 14
    Options
    8wpnswgg15j7.jpg
    And now, in oven :-)

(The source here, then I modified a little - added also rosemary, sage and chive; used scallion instead of onion 'cause my mother is allergic; and added also carrots. And normal black olives instead of kalamata because I don't like kal. Serves five, with basmati - and bread for my son.)
    https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/hit-run-baked-chicken-and-veggies/)
  • acpgee
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Salad of layered mozarella and beets as well as avocado with cherry tomato with some serrano ham shavings scattered on top.

ohhhh YUM that looks amazing.

Last Friday in a seafood restaurant we started with a salad of layered slices of fresh mozarella and beetroot scattered with rocket, anchovies and vinaigrette. It was terrific, with the combination of tart beets and salty protein offset by creaminess of mozarella. We first tried a version at home with smoked salmon instead of anchovies because that's what we happened to have in the fridge but the smoked was too subtle to stand up to the beet. This version with serrano ham captured the spirit better. Sliced beets replacing tomato in a caprese salad is astonishingly good.
  • 100_Rabbits
    100_Rabbits Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's snowing in Arkansas, and I'm starving after being out in it lol. Spam, a very messed up fried egg, and waffles.
    iuy33pyb8syp.png