Getting Fit like Jennie Kim

Options
Hi! I just made an account here to stay motivated in exercising and toning myself. I'm 99 lbs, and am not necessarily looking to lose a lot of weight, but more to tone myself, and lose ~5-7 inches at the waist, and ~2-3 inches in the legs.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just made an account here to stay motivated in exercising and toning myself. I'm 99 lbs, and am not necessarily looking to lose a lot of weight, but more to tone myself, and lose ~5-7 inches at the waist, and ~2-3 inches in the legs.

How tall are you?
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,995 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Rose!
    You have some serious ambition. Good luck in your endeavors.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,599 Member
    edited January 16
    Options
    I’m going to assume you’re a teenager. At 99 pounds already, losing 10+ pounds and reducing your waist size that much is not a good plan.

U less you’re extremely short, you’re likely already underweight. I’d strongly encourage you not to go the weight loss route.

However, toning aka building muscle is always a good idea. I would give my eye teeth to have started lifting much earlier than 56. You’ll strengthen your body, build muscle, build great fitness habits, and probably be beating the young men off with a stick.

Trying to creat a “look” like a young woman who probably has army of pro stylists and photographers posing her in “perfect” poses, yikes.

Look up Danae Mercer on Instagram. She is a gorgeous woman who shows perfectly posed photos then shows a “real” photo taken immediately afterward. That’s real life.

Hugs!!!

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    Even Jennie Kim doesn't look like Jennie Kim. And whatever her publicist says about her diet, exercise program, measurements and body weight probably isn't true, either. K-pop women's bodies are not an example of thriving good health, nor are they realistic ideals for women who are other than very narrowly built skeletally (narrow hips, shoulders, small breasts, etc.). They're even iffy for that sub-population.

I also wonder how old you are: If you're still growing (not necessarily in height but in reaching full adult body type), extreme low body weights aren't health promoting. Actually, they aren't health promoting for anyone.

Losing 5-7 inches in the waist and 2-3 from legs at 99 pounds is unlikely to be realistic. If you're average height for a woman, you're already underweight. Even if you're petite, you're likely close to underweight already.

Please be careful with your health.