Soda no more in 24!

Options
jrmint29
jrmint29 Posts: 4 Member
edited January 15 in Getting Started
Who’s with me? Small habit changes create big results! Not drinking soda is going to be firm one for me! Making tea with raw honey when I really want a coke.
Also envisioning me being a person who doesn’t allow those things in my body.

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    I hope this works out well for you, good luck! For some people, cutting out soda is anything but a "small habit change".

I stopped getting sodas from restaurants years ago, in part because of price savings, in part for calorie savings, but the biggest part because they mix the syrup and seltzer on-site and all too often get the ratio wrong, leading to off-tasting soda. Water isn't exciting, but the taste is consistent from one place to another, and it's (usually) free.
  • Dean_IsStayinLean
    Dean_IsStayinLean Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Soda is the devil! Leave it at the grocery store. I go with low calorie lemonades and teas.
  • meganlea33
    meganlea33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Stopping soda is a really tricky! I know there are days, I would rather have a soda than eat. I have been working on cutting it out for a while. Yogi has some really good tea blends that you don't even need to add sweetener to and they taste amazing.
  • NVR2OLD1961
    NVR2OLD1961 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When I was you my dad worked for 2 different soda companies. He was a delivery driver. I grew up drinking soda all day long. I didn’t like drinking water or most anything else. This continued until I was in my late 50’s when I decided to change my health status as part of my retirement planning. I NEVER imagined I would be able to get off drinking soda. I am 62 now and I’ve only had 1 or 2 sodas a year for the last 4 years. Energy, protein drinks, water, unsweetened iced tea, black coffee are the only things I drink now. I only share this because I know it can be done. The battle to purge it out of your system is real, you’ll need to prepare yourself mentally and fight for a healthier choice in drinks but remember that ultimately if you are not worth the fight what else would be. I hope you push through the challenge because you’ll feel better about that accomplishment when soda is no longer a craving and you won’t enjoy them the same when you do decide to have one.
    Cheers to very wise decision!!!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,918 Member
    Options
    Honey is still sugar, so keep that in mind.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    So you're switching one sugary drink for another? Honey is sugar. I would just switch to diet pop.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a soda since Feb 2022. Quitting Ginger Ale was a pain. I now just have sparkling water. I don't miss it at all.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    Tea has one advantage over soda: no carbonation and hence better for the teeth.