What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    We've have had a couple of dinner parties where I forgot to photograph the food. This was part of my easiest ever Italian dinner party menu. Bagna cauda as antipasto (garlic, anchovy, butter and olive oil dip for crudites), spaghetti carbonara, almond macaroons dipped in amaretto. Bagna cauda can be prepped in advance but it is very easy. A slice of bread is used for transporting the veg dip in oil from the pot to the plate (it's eaten when the bread gets soaked in sauce). Sauce for carbonara can be prepared in the 10 minutes it takes to boil the pasta. Leftover egg whites from the carbonara get used up in the macaroons. Bake real time by blitzing 2 egg whites, 150g almonds, and 150g sugar into the food processor. Spoon onto baking paper linked cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes at 180C. I only managed to photograph the bagna cauda.
    c4vp46gh956i.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Salt beef I made sous vide last week and tossed in the freezer. Tinned sauerkraut and store bought cooked beets. Potatoes were microwaved and then finished in the air fryer to dry out. Carrots were microwaved and glazed on the hob with maple syrup.
    56cffju7f4pc.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Kakiage and udon. I fry the kakiage very briefly in very hot oil (180C), drain on paper towels, then finish later 5 minutes in the air fryer. Not sure if this reduces oil absorption, but it does solve the problem of being stuck in the kitchen deep frying at the last minute just before serving.
    xrwsgchxgrc8.jpeg
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    @badnoodle That chicken & veg looks delicious! Yum.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    duggers923 wrote: »
    Hi All,

My name is Doug. New here. Looking forward to picking up some healthy food ideas, recipes and friends! Today’s meals:

wtm5qcrrzgvq.jpeg

Breakfast
    Poached Eggs topped with a creamy blend of lime-infused avocado and non-fat Greek yogurt, paired with crispy, turmeric-seasoned sliced turkey and a garnish of fresh strawberries.

Lunch
    Walnut & Medjool Date Chicken Salad, Topped with Mozzarella Strings and Finely Shredded Baby Carrots, layered over a Creamy Avocado and Greek Yogurt Crema on a Toasted Almond Bread Wafer. Garnished with Fresh Parsley and served alongside an assortment of fresh berries. Healthy and delicious

Dinner
    Mushroom & Snow Pea Chicken tossed in a fragrant soy-ginger glaze, enhanced with a hint of honey and sesame and served atop a bed of finely riced cauliflower.

Inspiring! Welcome!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,217 Member
    Options
    @SafariGalNYC

Do you ever make braised eggs instead of fried? I love 'em. Easy to cook, easy to clean the pan, and you can use a little less butter. I also don't burn the edges. Simple process:
    • Heat the pan as if you're making a fried egg
    • Add the butter or oil
    • Crack in the egg and immediately add an ounce or 1.5 ounces of water
    • Put the lid on the pan
    • Set the timer. Two to three minutes depending how cooked you like them.
    • Enjoy!
  • acpgee
    Options
    A 10 minute dinner tapas style dinner. Halved cherry tomatoes and a piece of feta drizzled in olive oil and roasted 10 minutes in the air fryer. A red pepper I roasted this morning and peeled later while the feta/tomato mixture was cooking. Some thin slices of serrano ham. Toast.
    ezr3vyfldfos.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    @SafariGalNYC

Do you ever make braised eggs instead of fried? I love 'em. Easy to cook, easy to clean the pan, and you can use a little less butter. I also don't burn the edges. Simple process:
    • Heat the pan as if you're making a fried egg
    • Add the butter or oil
    • Crack in the egg and immediately add an ounce or 1.5 ounces of water
    • Put the lid on the pan
    • Set the timer. Two to three minutes depending how cooked you like them.
    • Enjoy!

@mtaratoot - I haven’t tried this!!! I can’t wait.
    I love poached eggs.. but I always mess them up. Braised - This seems like a great in between! Will post!

Thanks 😊
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,217 Member
    Options
    @SafariGalNYC

If you like them (I bet a bagel you do), and if you order them in a restaurant, they'll probably know you're serious about eggs and make 'em really good.
  • takinitalloff
    edited January 24
    Options
    Herb Salad with Pistachios, Fennel, and Horseradish by Alison Roman. I don't usually like raw fennel in salads, but this was tasty! The tender butter lettuce, the lemony dressing, the crunchy pistachios & fennel seeds... yum.
    4bhp0krme07w.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    Snack: chicken breast cooked in the pan with a bit of mustard, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Plus a piece of slightly melted Petite Breakfast Fresh Brie by Marin French Cheese Co. A delicious combo. (No it's not vanilla ice cream haha)
    lw02eyc1maeh.jpg