JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Yesterday started well and went down the pan.
    Its a bit inconvenient that Casey borrows my phone all the time to play games, and I log whilst I'm eating otherwise I forget what I've eaten, so no phone = no log.

She broke her charger and I begrudge buying a new iPhone wire when the phone was just as rubbish and everyone else in the house is on android.
    Only one more month til her birthday so she's getting a new phone/pad then and I will have full freedom of my phone again lol

It's also TOTM. Not the best time for a woman to decide to get back to dieting when you just want to eat everything in sight. Which is basically what I did yesterday.. and the day before... Aaaaand the day before that.
    So I'm gonna give it a few more days lol no point fighting a losing battle 😂 and hopefully before the next one I've got some habits in place lol!

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Turns out IBS and TOTM don’t mix well, so most of this weekend was spent curled up in bed with stomach pain and massive amounts of fatigue. Feeling a little better today, just in time to start another crazy week at work.

My work ID expired, and the system for getting a new one is inefficient to say the least so I can’t get a new one until next Wednesday, unless I spend a vast majority of time this week sitting in a waiting room hoping for a walk-in appointment. But then how am I going to get my day-to-day stuff done that doesn’t require this ID?

Basically I have no idea what my work priorities should be. Health-wise I’m going to keep pushing hydration and yoga, and try to squeeze a few new foods into my diet.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,599 Member
    Options
    JFT for 1/22/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 1/14). Can have sugar free or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/20)
    4) Don't weigh again until 1/22
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 1/21)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/10)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/20)
    14) Tamales ok today.(last 1/9)
    15) No olives ok today. (last 1/21)
    16) Lunch no more than 600 calories today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Sold a stove and microwave stand and packed up the kitchen this weekend. Demo of the old kitchen began this morning. There will officially be no cooking of real food at my house for a while. Microwave or toaster only. Worked on decluttering other areas of the house as well, and I really need to get rid of the piano. It seems many people would like a piano, but nobody wants to move a piano...

Anyway, today is a long day. First meeting was at 6:15 in person... Means I had to fix my hair and makeup before 6:00. Mornings are not my strong suit. Then after meeting had to go home to meet contractor and take a meeting from home. Then back to work for more meetings. Easy night tonight. Dinner out bed early. Got another 6:15 tomorrow...

JFT Monday
    - Up at 5:15 :smiley:
    - Meeting at 6:15 :smiley:
    - Home by 7:30 :smiley:
    - Contractor meeting at 8:00 :smiley:
    - Teams meeting at 8:30 :smiley:
    - Back to work by 9:30 :smiley:
    - More meetings :smiley:
    - Ask questions about Title V requirements
    - Print insurance & prescription cards for Tim :smiley:
    - Log Food
    - Out for dinner
    - Bed by 10:00
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 @beachwalker99 Very happy to see you post again! You've been missed.

JFT 1/22 M
    1) One pan lasagna for supper (made on stovetop, which is necessary until our wall oven is replaced) / log all food / 64+ oz. water
    2) Walk dog at tech school
    3) Write/mail card to cousin recently in hospice / wash dishes / read / digital declutter / other declutter 15 min. / other?

Temps are finally coming out of the deep freeze. No wind chill warnings, and currently feels like 19(F) according to my weather app. Warm enough to wear winter layers and walk dog 3 miles! Heading off to tech school (plowed & salted walkways and parking lots) shortly. Wahoo!

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps
      January
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 & eligible to have race fee waived
    • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 90 miles away
      visit 1.12-1.13 canceled due to snowstorm
      visit 1.21-1.22 canceled due Mom's bad cold
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
      1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    edited January 23
    Options
    JFT for 1/22/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 1/14). Can have sugar free or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/20)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until 1/22✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/20). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 1/21)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/10)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/20)✔️
    14) Tamales ok today.(last 1/9)✔️Didn't eat today.
    15) No olives ok today. (last 1/21)✔️Didn't eat today.
    16) Lunch no more than 600 calories today.✔️

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 1/23/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).
    4) Don't weigh again until 1/25
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/22). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 1/21)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/22)

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 - I have a Cricut and as long as you are computer literate you can do it without paying for workshops. Look up YouTube videos - Jennifer Maker is a good one.

I knew Casey’s birthday was on Feb 2018, I thought it was around my daughters’ birthdays, but it’s actually my Godson and niece’s birthday.

@emgracewrites - I’ve never heard of a company taking that long to see someone in need of a new ID.

I dropped the ball again the last few days.

JFT - Jan 23
    Log all food
    1.5L of water
    Move

I see a reflexologist tomorrow for my foot, hopefully we can come up with a plan to get it healed so I can really start doing something

• Bex953172
    Options
    Sold a stove and microwave stand and packed up the kitchen this weekend. Demo of the old kitchen began this morning. There will officially be no cooking of real food at my house for a while. Microwave or toaster only. Worked on decluttering other areas of the house as well, and I really need to get rid of the piano. It seems many people would like a piano, but nobody wants to move a piano...

Anyway, today is a long day. First meeting was at 6:15 in person... Means I had to fix my hair and makeup before 6:00. Mornings are not my strong suit. Then after meeting had to go home to meet contractor and take a meeting from home. Then back to work for more meetings. Easy night tonight. Dinner out bed early. Got another 6:15 tomorrow...

JFT Monday
    - Up at 5:15 :smiley:
    - Meeting at 6:15 :smiley:
    - Home by 7:30 :smiley:
    - Contractor meeting at 8:00 :smiley:
    - Teams meeting at 8:30 :smiley:
    - Back to work by 9:30 :smiley:
    - More meetings :smiley:
    - Ask questions about Title V requirements
    - Print insurance & prescription cards for Tim :smiley:
    - Log Food
    - Out for dinner
    - Bed by 10:00

My nana & grandad had a piano and electric organ (which was as big as the piano) and when they had both died I remember my dad saying "selling it's not the problem, its moving it"
    So you're deffo not wrong there lol x
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    @emgracewrites - I’ve never heard of a company taking that long to see someone in need of a new ID

My work supports the federal government, so that’s the ID that expired. Lots of red tape and paperwork to go through to get a new one issued. My supervisor had to cancel her appointment at the ID center so I took her spot and hopefully should have one by the end of Tuesday. Whether or not it works is a different story, but I’m making that a problem for Wednesday. 🙃
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 1/23/24 (today)✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/22). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/22)

Sample

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap 1/22 M
    1) One pan lasagna for supper (made on stovetop, which is necessary until our wall oven is replaced) / log all food / 64+ oz. water :smiley:
    2) Walk dog at tech school :smiley: 2.94 mi happy dog & happy me
    3) Write/mail card to cousin recently in hospice <3 / wash dishes / read / digital declutter / other declutter 15 min. / other? did my e-check-in for tomorrow's mammo appt, reviewed financial docs on secure website, e-signed & saved as PDF, verified AARP & Consumer Reports accts online & shredded "renewal" letters received, downloaded 2023 stmts for 2 retirement funds with former employers & uploaded to financial advisor :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 1/23 T
    1) Make chop suey (from scratch) for supper / log all food / 64+ oz. water
    2) Walk dog at tech school
    3) Text sister with plans for weekend & Mom's bday next week / fill/run dishwasher / fold & put away line-dried laundry / refill bird feeders / call Mom (ask if we can bring pizzas to bake next Wed) / choir rehearsal 7:30 / read / digital declutter / other?

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps
      January
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 & eligible to have race fee waived
    • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 90 miles away
      visit 1.12-1.13 canceled due to snowstorm
      visit 1.21-1.22 canceled due Mom's bad cold
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
      1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • dennis3031
    dennis3031 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I’ve been struggling last week or so not doing sick so well- trusting to get back on track today & do a 16/8
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    JFT - Jan 23
    Log all food - 🙂
    1.5L of water - 🙄
    Move - 🤔 my foot was hurting too much so not sure if I can blame it on myself or not.

JFT - Jan 24
    Log all food
    1.5L of water
    Move
  • AmberlyMarlene
    AmberlyMarlene Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I saw that this community is open to new members.

My name is Amberly, I'm 29 living in Michigan. I'm a week sober after drinking nearly everyday for 2+ years starting when I was in the military which, obviously, has been horrible for my health. I loved the idea of this group as I've never come across it before.

JFT:
    - I will not consume alcohol.
    - I will do my Physical Therapy as prescribed (strengthen muscle around my knees).
    - I will spend at least 2 hours working on homework (Finishing up college).
    - Log all food consumption.

Ultimate goals:
    -Have drinking under control, even if that means no alcohol.
    -Graduate in April 2024
    -Reach goal weight.

SW: 286.4 (lbs)
    CW: 279.6
    GW for 2024 220
    Final GW: 160

I don't know how to do that nifty spoiler trick ya'll did. Please share how as I'd like to repost my ultimate goals without filling up the thread as a reminder to myself and in the event more people join.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful idea and I look forward to being an active group member getting to know everyone a bit!
  • Bex953172
    edited January 24
    Options
    I saw that this community is open to new members.

My name is Amberly, I'm 29 living in Michigan. I'm a week sober after drinking nearly everyday for 2+ years starting when I was in the military which, obviously, has been horrible for my health. I loved the idea of this group as I've never come across it before.

JFT:
    - I will not consume alcohol.
    - I will do my Physical Therapy as prescribed (strengthen muscle around my knees).
    - I will spend at least 2 hours working on homework (Finishing up college).
    - Log all food consumption.

Ultimate goals:
    -Have drinking under control, even if that means no alcohol.
    -Graduate in April 2024
    -Reach goal weight.

SW: 286.4 (lbs)
    CW: 279.6
    GW for 2024 220
    Final GW: 160

I don't know how to do that nifty spoiler trick ya'll did. Please share how as I'd like to repost my ultimate goals without filling up the thread as a reminder to myself and in the event more people join.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful idea and I look forward to being an active group member getting to know everyone a bit!

Hiya, I'm Bex, I'm 31 and I like in the UK. Congrats on being a week sober! Think the hardest part is starting!

As for the spoiler thing, when you go in the text box to post, at the top there's a button for bold and italic and the next button is like a backwards P and a line
    If you click that it puts the code in for the spoiler.

[s poiler]Text goes here[/s poiler]

It will look like that ^^^ just without spaces (or you can just type it out yourself)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Monday was an alright day, I managed to log pretty much everything, diary shows that I'm within calories by 76 but I don't think I was. Im sure I'd eaten something else.
    Looks like ive got alot of work to do to fine tune my diet again. There's alot of sugar and a lot of carbs in there.

Struggling with the fact my kitchen scales broke too so everything's a bit of guess work too.

Yesterday was horrendous lol stuffed my face again but TOTM is nearly over and I'm ready to start fresh and make some changes. Also need to get water in, like ALOT more water.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Kitchen remodel is going well. Demo is done and upper cabinets have been installed in the first 2 days. There have been a few bumps, well actually dents, in the new fridge and the hallway floor got scratched when they moved the appliances up stairs. Luckily Lowe's is reimbursing for the repairs assuming we can get a new door for the fridge. We will see what it takes to fix the floors. We have extra planks from where we got the floors a few years back, but I'm not sure how they fix it...

Without a functional kitchen, we have been eating out more than usual. I've been eating decadent food, but limiting portions. Tonight is trivia night, so pub food in on the menu. Nothing low calorie or healthy there, but again. Limiting portions is better than going hog wild.

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Set up list for Chinese Wednesday :smiley:
    - Give out trinkets :smiley:
    - Call vet
    - Call Appliance repair person
    - Protein bar for breakfast
    - Meetings
    - Order/Pick up Chinese
    - Meetings
    - Log food
    - Stay within Maintenance
    - Limit alcohol to 2-3 lite beers
    - Home by 10:30
    - Bed by 11:00
  • more_freggies76
    edited January 24
    Options
    JFT for 1/23/24 (yesterday)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 1/14). Can have sugar free or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/20)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until 1/25✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/22). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 1/21)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 1/10)✔️Didn't eat today
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/22)✔️
    14) Tamales ok today.(last 1/9)✔️Didn't eat today
    15) No olives ok today. (last 1/21)✔️
    16) Lunch no more than 600 calories today.✔️
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

JFT for 1/24/24 (today)✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 1/20)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/22). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 1/22)
    15) Olives ok today. (last 1/21)

Sample

[/quote]