Anyone Have tips on having slender legs? Accidentally built muscle:,)

Options
Im a girl and i accidentally built muscle instead of slimming my legs:,)
Help
Tagged:

Answers

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    Less volume or intensity on leg day?

I've never accidentally gained muscle. I wish! 😉🤣 But I don't mean that as a diss: We all have individual body goals, and I respect yours.

If you have any residual fat left to lose on your legs, weight loss might help. If it's all muscle, then I don't know of a solution other than letting some of it deplete by reducing strength work.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    I like the muscle on my legs. I don't do weights, but years of hiking, backpacking, biking, and now running have given a lot of definition to my legs. They will never be skinny, but they are strong, and I like it that way.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,624 Member
    edited January 25
    Options
    AeilrN wrote: »
    Im a girl and i accidentally built muscle instead of slimming my legs:,)
    Help
    are you sure you just didn’t add some fat on your legs. Accidentally building muscle is not usually something that happens however it’s easy to add fat and think it’s muscle. This is common when people are trying to add muscle.

I’m doubting you were in a calorie deficit if you were adding sizeable muscle.

• AeilrN
    AeilrN Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Okay yall im new here so idrk how to reply to specific comments 😭
    BUT it is infact muscle:,) i actually lost fat bc smth happened that affected my health a ton and thats how i lost most of the fat and i know its muscle bc the leg doesnt jiggle its like hard muscle bro:,) its also a lot to do with genetics and i take after my dad physically (yes i know it sucks bc i do NOT want to be muscle-y as a girl:,) nothing wrong with it obviously its just not what i want for myself)
    And when i first started my fitness journey seriously months ago i just thought id eat 10× more protein and i did tons of hiit bc j wanted to boost my metabolism and i didnt actually think about the possibility of gaining muscle mass😭
    Genetics is definitely the biggest part of this tbh and my body type
    (Ive been told by doctors that my body gains both fat and muscle easily and will also lose it easily:,)
  • AeilrN
    AeilrN Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Honestly my plan now is to cut down on protein a lot:,) and just stop with the intense workouts instead ill just focus on like pilates and a new calorie deficit and fingers crossed it works
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Okay yall im new here so idrk how to reply to specific comments

(Ive been told by doctors that my body gains both fat and muscle easily and will also lose it easily:,)
    For replies, simply use the Quote button beneath each post. Or type an @ before the user's name.

I assume you're on the younger side. Quite a few here are 50+ and it sure ain't that easy to accidentally build muscle :-)
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Honestly my plan now is to cut down on protein a lot:,) and just stop with the intense workouts instead ill just focus on like pilates and a new calorie deficit and fingers crossed it works

If you actually gained muscle, you have the right approach in changing your workouts. Protein alone won't make you gain muscle by accident, but maybe the desired look you wanted just didn't take place with your workout routine. If you were working out hard, it's possible you did gain muscle, but just remember with muscle comes water weight (in the form of glycogen) and just tapering off on leg exercises might decrease your leg size some. This varies person to person but in my case if I bike a lot my upper legs stay much more pumped up. Even a week or so of a break from hard riding and they go back closer to normal.

But the protein helps with the rest of your body workouts as well, so no need to cut it unless you are overwhelming your other macros or you just want to do it. People with great diets that sit on the couch rarely build muscle anywhere.

• Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I think slim/ slender legs are hot. I want that.