Yep, lets do that.

Options

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,402 Member
    Options
    All going well with one caveat: I need to eat a lot more carbs than I ever thought if I want to exercise. Yeah, I know my body doesn't really access fatty acids when I exercise, and lately I've eaten a lot more protein and fats at the cost of carbs - and my exercising suffered badly. Also didn't really lose a lot of weight as I was constantly hungry and are more. Now that I'm eating more carbs again running works, and I'm able to lose weight again. So yeah... looks like I truly am a carb person.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the dark side. I mean, the bread and sweets side. :flowerforyou:
  • yirara
    Options

Totally! I love bread (and sweet things). <3 I thought eating more fats and protein would work after all. Turns out it was a lot worse than I imaged. Hmpf...
  • cmriverside
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

Totally! I love bread (and sweet things). <3 I thought eating more fats and protein would work after all. Turns out it was a lot worse than I imaged. Hmpf...

I didn't go back and look, but wasn't this the thread you started with, "I ate all the goodies on my trip and lost weight." :lol:

I dunno, I'm a super-fan of carbs. I just discovered black raspberry and chocolate chip gelato.

Someone needs to tell me though, are black raspberries the same as blackberries?
  • yirara
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

I didn't go back and look, but wasn't this the thread you started with, "I ate all the goodies on my trip and lost weight." :lol:

I dunno, I'm a super-fan of carbs. I just discovered black raspberry and chocolate chip gelato.

Someone needs to tell me though, are black raspberries the same as blackberries?

Haha, might very well be! I walked an awful lot and needed very little food. So much gorgeous bread and pastry in Armenia!

Uh, I honestly never heard of black raspberries to be honest. They look a bit less bubbly than blackberries... thus might be something different. Looks yummy though. Carbs rule!
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

At the risk of slightly high jacking the thread, I got given some raspberry canes last year. Turns out they are… golden raspberries! Never knew they existed. Quite sweet and delicate, not as robust in flavour or keeping as the usual red, and apparent incredibly expensive to buy. I’m happy to keep scoffing them as a fellow carbie 😀
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,263 Member
    Options
    My raspberry patch has the dark red ones and the blond ones. They are both really delicious. I need to get out and do my annual maintenance on them, but I'll wait until next month. For now I have two more fig trees, a cherry tree, two pear trees, and a plum to get to. And grapes.
  • yirara
    Options
    Guys, I love berries! I can get masses of red and black currents here, and gooseberries, both super rare in other countries I've lived before but that's pretty much it apart from strawberries and blueberries. Me want moar berries!

So yeah, had a super stressful day yesterday. 4.5hrs drive to surgeon (the reason why I want to lose a bit), same back, crazy traffic on the roads. I think my HR slowed down to normal some time between 2 and 4 this last night. Honestly, I prefer to take the train but they're on strike. Anyway, look on the scale this morning: wow, looks good! And I'm sure there's still a lot of driving car and stress water weight included.
  • claireychn074
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    My raspberry patch has the dark red ones and the blond ones. They are both really delicious. I need to get out and do my annual maintenance on them, but I'll wait until next month. For now I have two more fig trees, a cherry tree, two pear trees, and a plum to get to. And grapes.
    Mega envious of your fruit haul! I moved house last year and left behind all my fruit trees and bushes - having to start from scratch.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,263 Member
    Options
    @claireychn074

If you want to reminisce about old times, come on over. I'll give you a pruning shears and a hand saw :lol:
  • claireychn074
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    @claireychn074

If you want to reminisce about old times, come on over. I'll give you a pruning shears and a hand saw :lol:
    🤣🤣
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    edited January 25
    Options
    I'm truly envious of all the produce and especially the berries....

... but you guys can all keep your pruning shears to and for yourselves!!!

(including any voluntarily applied to willing adventurous and adventure seeking 🐑 sheep 🐏)

But berries and cheese😋
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Breads and pastry & me @yirara not a "low consumption" combination!!!😋🙈
  • yirara
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Breads and pastry & me @yirara not a "low consumption" combination!!!😋🙈

<3<3<3
  • cmriverside
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Yay!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    What time frame?
    How much loss are you after or is it a how it feels thing?
    Looking good!
  • yirara
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    What time frame?
    How much loss are you after or is it a how it feels thing?
    Looking good!

I'm aiming at 1kg/month, and it works out quite well.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    @yirara, do you have a Windows computer? Today's bing tidbit that comes up in the Start search is "Can you name this animal?"... and the thumbnail is your avatar image.

Of course I had to clickety it!
    It just takes me to a bing search of images, not sure if anyone is even interested: AND it opens the Edge browser, which I don't like. https://www.bing.com/search?q=Leaf+sheep+nudibranch&setlang=en-us&cc=US&form=SHKNCH&cvid=87fbbec0afad46718d8f1bd48e3d6364&nclid=B6AC6B8DB01D75C5E920EAAC09E9EE33&ts=1706702404825