What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,805 Member
    edited January 24
    Options
    Spicy Pork and Mustard Green Soup, also by Alison Roman. Szechuan pepper provides a lovely gentle heat that doesn't hurt me, unlike many other spicy things. This soup is a staple at my house, I can't get enough of it (especially the broth... true soul food). I omitted the noodles & crushed red pepper flakes, and used less soy sauce & salt than the recipe calls for.
    t5scgugwv99z.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    Another tapas style dinner. Spanish tortilla, Portuguese marinated carrots, tomatoes with feta, Serrano ham, toast.
    qsiwdth6bkfx.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Potato gnocchi made a couple of weekends ago where we froze the excess. Served with the last of the leftover sage and some browned butter. Tomato salad. Tenderstem broccoli with hollandaise.
    4dljv8q2ys7x.jpeg
  • takinitalloff
    edited January 25
    Options
    Super Lucky 2024 Black Eyed Peas cooked simply with onions, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaf, salt, and olive oil (extra drizzle of olive oil on top). I love these beans, they have a unique flavor (or at least I have never eaten anything quite like it). And they burst when I bite them, I'm trying to figure out what that reminds me of, cherry tomatoes maybe? So fun :D
    qw514yhezdoy.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,217 Member
    edited January 26
    Options
    Super Lucky 2024 Black Eyed Peas cooked simply with onions, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaf, salt, and olive oil (extra drizzle of olive oil on top). I love these beans, they have a unique flavor (or at least I have never eaten anything quite like it). And they burst when I bite them, I'm trying to figure out what that reminds me of, cherry tomatoes maybe? So fun :D

As a bonus, black-eyed peas are one of the few larger legumes that you don't need to soak. Adzuki beans are another. Rancho Gordo has some really neat offerings for sure. One of these days maybe I'll splurge and try some.
  • takinitalloff
    edited January 26
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    As a bonus, black-eyed peas are one of the few larger legumes that you don't need to soak. Adzuki beans are another. Rancho Gordo has some really neat offerings for sure. One of these days maybe I'll splurge and try some.

Yeah, I gave them just a brief soak (a couple hours maybe?), because it fit well into my schedule and why not. I look forward to reading your report on RG's beans, once you decide to take the plunge! I never thought I could LOVE beans, but RG's quality is so good. These beans are fresh (yes, dried... but not left in storage forever). They're beautiful and tasty... and they cook up wonderfully, like no other beans I'd ever encountered before. It truly is a joy cooking with RG products. I also just ordered some of their red popcorn for the first time. Looking forward to trying that, too.
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking for some new recipes and meal idea's. Everyone's meals look delicious. Looks like I came to the right place. Here is a little of what I've been eating:
    Here's the oatmeal, cranberry, and pecans that I had for breakfast.
    v2ags9dyth6j.jpg
    Avacado deviled eggs 93g395cm4a37.jpg
    Tuna salad stuffed tomato made with Avacado instead of mayo n1drdn75nla4.jpg
    Baked salmon, Roasted apple cinnamon sweet potatoes, and Cauliflower.
    tp3mtlxr196q.jpg
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 905 Member
    Options

🍽️ Liver medallions with purple onion, rainbow cauliflower, butternut squash, microgreens

🍷 kale, spinach, blackberry, acai, French melon, collagen shake

🍹Turmeric, ginger shooter

3ls4gvcvd2vs.jpeg
  • AmberVanSweden
    AmberVanSweden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    uploadsejmwrhcb14e2.jpg
    /editor/n7/m3z7pqj5hau0.jpg

I get bored with the same old thing so I experiment. I made Mexican stuffed peppers w/ground elk but you can use any protein even squished tofu or chopped tempeh! Add in your favorite Mexican spices and spoon into peppers. Bake them at 400/15 mins. Top with cheese & bake 5 mins. Top with whatever you like. I smashed 1/2 an avocado, added Pico, and 0% Fage. So good!

The 2nd picture is simple: 1.5cups shredded this color cabbage pre packaged, 2tbsp Lighthouse italian dresseing/marinade, 2 baked chicken thighs seasoned w/Mrs Dash lemon pepper, a sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning. Winco has it in bulk. This is 355 cals/ 51g protein/8 carbs/12 mg fat. Crunchy, fresh, and tasty. Sometimes I toss in green onion or Cilantro.
  • takinitalloff
    edited January 27
    Options
    You dropped this @AmberVanSweden ;) FYI when you hit "upload image" and then you move the cursor before the image has finished uploading, it will drop it into whatever spot the cursor has moved to. In your case, you had moved the cursor into the middle of your first image link, so the link broke when the second image got inserted into it. Welcome, and your food looks yummy!
    m3z7pqj5hau0.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    A girlfriend came over and we batch cooked coca cola chicken (=cheat's teriyaki) with daikon, onion and green pepper. Sides of stir fried bok choi and white rice. Dessert of tinned lychee sorbet with a store bought Chinese egg roll cookie.
    n5osjbk4d6fi.jpeg
    xunrn29rfd9k.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    A colleague wants to come over for homestyle Japanese food in a couple of weeks. Practiced sushi served family style with roll your own California handrolls and a side of messy looking mushroom yakitori. I learned the family style sushi from a half Japanese girlfriend.
    14rmzkcomlj0.jpeg