Is it possible to lose 4 pounds in 21 days?

Options
sjay2101
sjay2101 Posts: 5 Member
edited January 26 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm a 5'4 female and I have been on this weight loss journey for about a month or so now. I start at 132 lbs and now I'm at 126. I will be traveling next month and I really want to lose a little more weight. I know the first 5 pounds were water weight. I eat more or less than 1200 calories a day (depends on how much exercise I do that day), go to Orange theory 2-3 a week, and planet fitness the other days (if I don't feel sore from OT). Is my goal achievable? Should I also add intermittent fasting?

Best Answer

• frhaberl
    frhaberl Posts: 145 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Another concerned older "auntie" here. I think there's a saying that goes "the best weight you can lose is the weight of other's expectations". If that saying doesn't exist, it should! Heck, I'm even on an intentional journey to lose the weight of MY expectations, as I can be my worst critic.

@mtaratoot gave a super pro tip - People who are out to hurt you for no good reason will find any no good reason to do so. I wouldn't be surprised if they shift to saying hurtful things about you being underweight as soon as they decide they can't insult you for being overweight.

I think one of the advantages that age brings for some is the awareness of your freedom to stop associating with people who are toxic. The sad thing is that you gained that freedom much earlier than you recognized it. I know it's harder to do at a family event like a wedding. My advise would be to take the extra energy you were planning to put into losing those 4 lbs and invest it in developing strategies for "not giving a care", avoiding, and walking away from the people who don't love and support you right where you are.

Answers

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    As usual, I agree with @AnnPT77. Also, depending on what kind of travel you'll be doing, personally I like to make sure I have enough strength and stamina for it, i.e. hauling luggage, getting through airports, walking tours in new places, etc.

And, travel can add water weight, so what if you lost the 4 lbs but then see the water weight when you return? Will you give up? Hopefully not, but as Ann said, that 4 lbs is probably going to fluctuate anyway.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,414 Member
    Options
    Hun, I'm also an old granny and can also just recommend to do things slowly. You've had great success so far. Keep it up and you'll lose some more weight. You know, if you stress your body too much there are three potential negative outcomes:
    1. you lose weight a bit faster but you stress your body so much that cortisol raises and your body holds onto more water
    2. your intestines rebel and you might not poop for a few days and end up bloated
    3. you might not look fab and pretty but exhausted and grey.

Thus please also keep these things in your mind.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Well, you probably could but when I lost weight that fast I started losing hair and muscle tone (even though I was using exercise machines with weights). Everybody's different and it doesn't happen to everyone. If you feel good about the weight loss you're already achieving, walk around with your head held high. I would personally get myself a figure-flattering outfit to wear that would compliment my current weight. Sorry about the cruelty, but they are losers. Just remember, "What other people think of me is none of my business." If they say these things to your face, ask them, "Are you okay?" It's a subtle way to end their idiotic comments. And remember, you can always excuse yourself to grab a nice cold beverage.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    if you lose weight fast, you'll look ill when you get to the wedding, and behind your back people will speculate if you have a condition.

besides, 126 is absolutely a healthy weight at our height (yes, i'm 5'4"). maybe for future events, you could focus on building some muscle rather than just losing weight - you'll look toned, firm and healthy, but unless you put hours a day and lift very super heavy, you won't get too muscular.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    If people will be cruel because you aren’t skinny then F ‘em and don’t worry about. Those sound like people that you really would rather not associate with anyway.