my accountability thread Day one

Options

Replies

• SweetHeart299
    SweetHeart299 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone! I weighed in this morning and had a loss of 2lbs. Got back into logging my meals and went for a 1/2 hour walk. Felt so good. I also had chips last night, but managed to eat just a small bowl (progress for me as I could in one sitting chow down a whole bag in one sitting; progress happening slowly). My goal is to lose 20 lbs by December 31, 2024 and to be healthier, more positive…even in life’s curve balls that are thrown at me.

Beverly, my husband and I are often going to church potluck’s and they are not very diet friendly. However, I have learned to be selective with portions and stick with the vegetables; hope this can be helpful for you. You are so fortunate to be able to run in any kind of weather. My knees hinder me, but I still get out to walk. I have also found some exercise websites for seniors that I have been enjoying. I do like variety.
    Taking one day at a time and enjoying the moments with others. Have a wonderful week…🤗🕊💞
  • end0326
    end0326 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    🙋🏻‍♀️ Hi! I’m new here… again. I lost 30+ pounds in early 2020 and have gained back 45 pounds over the past year and a half.

I bought a Peloton in June and have used it and the app intermittently for the past 6 months(friend me!!!). I need a space where I can jump in, talk about what I did for my workouts and how I did sticking with my high protein diet. I’m hoping this is that space.

Here are my targets:
    I’m working to cut back on alcohol (I’m a gal that loves a nightly drink or two… more on the weekends).
    Trying to get outside at least once per day to walk/jog and/or hitting the Pelo.
    Easing back into lifting weights.
    Following a high protein, low sugar diet.

I have three elementary aged kids, two that play travel hockey. This is going to take some serious work and lifestyle changes on my part. Let’s do it 2024. 🥳
  • BeverlyW1108
    BeverlyW1108 Posts: 474 Member
    edited January 4
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Welcome End326! You can always come here to share your eating and exercise ups and downs. We all have them. I remember how hard it was to eat healthy with young children. If we were as active as them we could eat like them!!!
    Sweetheart, Thanks for the vegetable advice. I guess even swimming in sauces the vegies will be a better option then spaghetti or tacos! Congratulations on your 2 lb loss!
    It's always good to hear from you Sarah!
    I quit drinking in 2001 and besides the empty calories it is a lot cheaper to drink water!
    My plank challenge is going well. We got in the bed last night and I realized I forgot to do the plank so I got up and did it right by my bed. Like running, planks are something you can do anywhere and anytime you want. Today is 60 seconds, which I will do 3X but eventually I will only do one plank as the time increases!
    My Action for Happiness Calendar is going well. btw, not sure I like the name of it because I was happy before I started it! Today 1/4 is to write a list of things I am grateful for and why.
    Going for a run this morning. It is a progressive run which is my least favorite. I start at one pace and increase the pace the last 10 minutes.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and I look forward to hearing all about them!
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Good morning friends,
    Just checking in. All is going surprisingly well. I lost the 4 pounds I gained over the summer and I’m keeping it off!
    Have a Nice Week!
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    edited January 8
    Options
    Good morning friends,
    Just checking in. All is going surprisingly well. I lost the 4 pounds I gained over the summer and I’m keeping it off!
    Have a Nice Week!

That is great Beverly!!! I am still maintaining my goal weight! 2024 is off to a good start!
    @end0326 welcome!! glad to have you here. I remember those days of taking kids (traveling team) to their soccer games. Yeah, it can be a challenge but you can do it!!
  • SweetHeart299
    SweetHeart299 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! It sounds like everyone is starting off 2024 on a good footing. I have lost a 1/4 pound this week, which is going in the right direction. Just wanted to check in and hope everyone has a blessed week 🤗
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Happy New Week !
    I've had a head cold, with sniffles, sneezes and coughs. Yuk, I think my body is telling me to rest. Hubby said I got it from playing with my neighbor's baby while daddy ran errands! If that was it then ok, baby Myra is worth it! I've put my happiness calendar on the back burner and sticking with my plank challenge and added a squat challenge. I'm also trying to do Push ups and one upper body exercise. Today I didn't feel up to everything so only did the plank (2:30- 1 time) and squat portion. I don't want to overwhelm myself which will lead to quitting everything. I've been making a new recipe, Cabbage Roll Casserole. Hubby even likes it and he is more of a chicken fried steak kind of guy :D

I wish everyone a Happy Mid January Week!!!
  • MamaBear5445
    MamaBear5445 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @BeverlyW1108 Hope you feel better soon!
    Mind sharing your cabbage roll casserole recipe?
  • sarah7591
    Options
    @BeverlyW1108 Hope you feel better soon!
    Mind sharing your cabbage roll casserole recipe?

Yes....would love to hear more about that cabbage casserole? I am always trying to figure ways to eat more veggies. Beverly hope you are feeling better. I love my grandkids but seems like every time I am around them I get a cold. It is very, very cold here and hoping we don't break any pipes in my 100 year old house! Stay safe and warm everyone.
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Ugh.....3 pounds up!!! I made it through the holidays and then went off the rails! Back on the wagon! Here is to eating healthy and exercising!
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    I just wanted to check in to say I wont be posting in the next few weeks. I fell on the ice and broke my arm. Every movement seems to hurt. We are hoping I can let it heal naturally without surgery. Another xray Friday should help see the progress. Y'all keep up the good work!
  • sarah7591
    Options
    @BeverlyW1108 Oh no!!! I am so very sorry to hear this!! I hope you don't have to have surgery. Prayers for healing will be sent your way. Take care!
  • Marla86336
    Marla86336 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    I haven't checked in for awhile. Hope everyone is well.
    Can you believe that tomorrow is February already?
    I have reached and surpassed my goal weight. I still weigh in on Wednesday. I am maintaining my weight within a pound up or down. Not much has changed food wise. I occasionally add an extra helping of something or a treat now and then. I do some kind of exercise daily such as walking or
    rebounding. It isn't always easy but it is worth it!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Hi all - haven't posted for some time. Dealing lately with uptick in/osteo in knees, sleep issues, husb anxiety overflowing which has me looking for anything to munch in evenings. Life I know but ... bought edamame so planning to use instead, my weight is stuck again and edging up.

@sarah7591 Your kitchen is gorgeous! So many drawers!
  • sarah7591
    Options
    Marla86336 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone!
    I haven't checked in for awhile. Hope everyone is well.
    Can you believe that tomorrow is February already?
    I have reached and surpassed my goal weight. I still weigh in on Wednesday. I am maintaining my weight within a pound up or down. Not much has changed food wise. I occasionally add an extra helping of something or a treat now and then. I do some kind of exercise daily such as walking or
    rebounding. It isn't always easy but it is worth it!

@Marla86336 That is great you surpassed your goal weight! I am at my goal weight and it does feel good to stay there. Like you I do up and down but that is natural. It keeps me motivated to keep eating healthy. Yes, so worth it! Beverly if you are reading this I hope you are doing well1
  • sarah7591
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    Hi all - haven't posted for some time. Dealing lately with uptick in/osteo in knees, sleep issues, husb anxiety overflowing which has me looking for anything to munch in evenings. Life I know but ... bought edamame so planning to use instead, my weight is stuck again and edging up.

@sarah7591 Your kitchen is gorgeous! So many drawers!

@cory17 oh no sorry to hear about our knees. That makes it so hard to be active. I know what you mean about munching in the evenings...so easy to do. I hope your husband is doing better as well! Stay strong!
  • BeverlyW1108
    edited February 2
    Options
    Hi all!
    @Marla86336 Congratulations on meeting, surpassing and holding your weight goal!
    and @sarah7591, so happy to hear you are still at your goal! In the past I have done good over the holidays only to gain the weight back in Jan by rewarding myself for doing good! Anyway, I think you have it figured out! I gained back the 4 pounds that I had lost, Excuses: having a cold and then breaking my arm. I think the medication is causing me to hold some water and no exercise. And the negative mental effects of the medication. My arm broke close to my shoulder so it hurts when I attempt a lot of things. Like lifting my arm to type, ouch. Even walking has been painful, we use our arms more than we think. But, today I walked 2 miles and feel a soreness. It could have been a lot worse and I am grateful for all I have.
    Welcome back @cory17 ! Edamame, yum, I used to eat that as a snack also. Thanks for reminding me!

• BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Good Morning Friends!
    Finger typing is no fun. Unless there is a dramatic negative change in my x-ray in 2 weeks I will not need surgery! Yay! I got a good walk in today, tried to jog a little, but too much bounce to run. Patience. Patience. Patience. :) Have a good no taco Tuesday!
  • sarah7591
    Options
    @BeverlyW1108 - Fingers crossed that you will not need surgery!! I am glad you are able to exercise even if it is not like you had been doing. Patience is right and it is sooooo hard but you sure seem to be doing well.
    I am doing well. I have had some slips but get back on the wagon. I am really trying this no sugar (no added) as I do eat some fruit. I just feel like sugar is a drug and a bad one! Hope you are all doing well and no taco Tuesday for this old girl!!
  • BeverlyW1108
    Options
    Good Morning Weekend!
    Hubby made a lemon cake yesterday so I went off the rails :D
    I'm doing exercises that I don't usually do because of my broken arm. It feels good trying new things.
    I haven't gained weight without running so I'm accepting the fact that fat really does weigh more than muscle!! Funny thing is I pulled weeds in the flower bed on Wednesday and my glutes and hamstrings have been sore since then. Crazy. Maybe I should just do that for 90 minutes a day!
    Praising God for all his blessings <3