Nice to meet you!

Options
Hey! I’m 30 years old, weigh 155 and would like to lose 30 lbs. This is the second time I have signed up for a weightloss app, the first time I used Noom weighing 220 lbs and lost 65 lbs. I have 30 lbs to go until I meet my goal but it seems I have hit a stalemate. Any advice appreciated. I hope everyone is doing well and working closer to their goals!

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,282 Member
    Options
    The first tip if you haven't yet is to go through the guided setup to get an estimated starting point for a calorie goal. It will be an estimate, so you'll have to refine it for yourself. That means logging completely and honestly and then observing if your results match your expectations. If not, you'll need to change your goals. Also as you lose weight you'll have to change your goal because there's less of you to carry around and fuel.

Some other important tips:
    • Go slow. Don't set an aggressive goal. This may take a while. That's OK. You have the rest of your life. You didn't gain the weight in a year. Going slow will help you stay healthy.
    • Be consistent. Always track what you eat even if you think you shouldn't have eaten it. Your body knows; might as well make good data.
    • Don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day. We all do. Just get back at it. Don't wait until next week or even tomorrow. Get back started NOW. The only time we can ever make a decision is RIGHT NOW, so remember to step back and make good decisions.
    • Most important, STICK TO IT. Develop good habits you can continue indefinitely. Consider what you'll do when you lose that 15-20Kg. If you go back to doing what you've been doing, you'll get back to where you are now.
    • Start now. Remember what Warren Miller said, "If you don't do it this year, you'll be a year older when you do." The best time to start was five years ago. The second best time is today.

Take a look at some of the "most important posts" like:
  • Fallingleaves323
    Fallingleaves323 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this, I just noticed you sent it. I just figured out how to find replies to posts, still figuring out this app but I have been logging my meals everyday!
  • Fallingleaves323
    Fallingleaves323 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been just going off the 1,400 cals a day, I hope I haven’t been eating too much 😳😳
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! Congratulations on your success so far. @Fallingleaves323
  • capgordon2302
    capgordon2302 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You're doing amazing so far remember it's a marathon not a sprint just be consistent am at Sam point but starting to get my consistency bk
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,219 Member
    Options
    I have been just going off the 1,400 cals a day, I hope I haven’t been eating too much 😳😳

Most women would lose weight on an accurate 1400 calories per day. A few might need to eat less, but it would typically be someone old, petite, and quite inactive. Even as a 5'5" li'l ol' lady, age 68 and weighing in the low 130s pounds, sedentary other than intentional exercise, I'd lose on 1400 calories, or 1400 + exercise calories. (I admit I have higher than typical calorie needs for my demographic, closer to what an average woman much younger would need.)

If what you're eating is 1400 + exercise calories (the MFP way, in other words), then an accurate estimate of those exercise calories will be important. Some exercise calorie estimates are overly generous. If you're eating exercise calories, feel free to say what exercise you're doing (and how long/intensely) and what your calorie estimate is. Some of the MFP old hands could give you a gut check on whether it sounds realistic.
  • mbcooker33
    mbcooker33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me dude!☺️