FEBRUARY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    @chris_in_cal - awesome that you had blue skies and nice temps! Cloudy, windy and chilly up this way. We did have rain overnight but none this morning. Supposed to start around 3pm and rain for 3-4 days...
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the article on Matt Fitzgerald @shanaber. I had no idea he had long covid
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - Sorry for your loss.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I ran 5 miles this morning with a friend. The temp wasn't bad at 34F.

Congratulations on your backyard ultra @eleanorhawkins! The real question - would you do it again (minus the roasted veggies and chickpeas the day prior)?

@polksagirl01 - I too am enjoying the adventures of the guinea pigs. So tragic about the man who drowned. What a horrifying way to go.

Welcome @PrestonHaywood! I also use a Garmin watch to track my running and walking activities.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    No running today. It's storming again. Like crazy. And I just realized I should have parked my car in the yard and not on the street underneath a tree. Though.. give the state of the roof here the street might be the better choice.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so far behind it's crazy. Tried to speed read but so tired most isn't registering. Having said that, @quilteryoyo so sorry to hear about Gary.

I ran my Backyard ultra on Saturday. It wasn't my day but I learned a lot and decided to stop at 7 loops rather than risk wearing myself out or ending up injured. Pro-tip everyone probably knows but I forgot... don't eat a tonne of roast veggies and chickpeas the day before a race. My watch claims I did 51km but it was really only 47 - 150 people inside a sports hall once an hour upset all our watches.
    We still won a prize though, so that was cool.

Great job being smart and stopping when you needed to! That's still a whole lotta km 😉
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @Laurz9191 That sounds like a tough run. I'm sure that wind added to your workout and made you stronger - sort of like running hills.

Thanks @eleanorhawkins . It looks like you made sound decisions. You don't want to be injured for sure. Glad you won a prize. :smile:

Thanks @Mari33a .

Nice running @Teresa502 . It was very nice weather today.

I hope you don't get any damage from the storms @yirara . It's hard to know where "safe" is when you have bad weather.

Glad you and the kids got the list completed today @polskagirl01 . And you weren't totally worn out. That is the BEST news.

@AlphaHowls :lol::lol:

Yeah for being completely recovered @ContraryMaryMary ! Glad you had a beautiful day for a run.

Another great run @tarun_yadavA . How long are you planning to keep the streak going?