Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 249

Options

Replies

• cortner1195
    cortner1195 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @quiltingjaine so envious of your sewing retreat! I'm still trying to finish my food canning. Moving freezer to shelf stable. My sewing room is very neglected!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,990 Member
    Options
    @itladyee, Thank you. Yes I'm doing much better. I actually did a few reps of lower body strength training today.

I also get information from cleveland clinic. I like their website. You are doing great with your protein intake! Its hit and miss with me. I'm going to have to add a protein shake everyday to get my macros up.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,884 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady my (nurse) suggestion is to run current liver and kidney levels through your MD. Your diabetes MD may have a dietician you can meet with. ADA seems to recommend staying at your general protein goal, not too low or high. Source of protein should be balanced between plant and animal. Sodium content with processed foods is probably your greatest risk factor for maintaining good kidney health. If you choose protein drinks stick with sugar controlled options. Hope that helps

@cortner1195 Thanks so much for your recommendations. I had no idea about the sodium content affecting my kidney's! I am going to see my endo on Monday and discuss some recent bloodwork I had. I'll be sure to discuss my current kidney health and my protein recommendations. Thanks again so much!