Why is it so hard to do again?

Options
Hi everyone, i’m trying to lose weight after having kids but i’m finding it very difficult. I lost a lot of weight in the past and i was very motivated and kept to my diet and workout plan, now 4 years after having my first i’m nearly back at my 2014 weight which was 120kg, i’m 108 kg now😭. I’m trying to get back to my pre baby weight of 70kg but I’m finding it very hard, i just can’t stick to calorie counting, intermittent fasting or any other diet, I really want to lose weight but i lose motivation very easily. Any tips would be very helpful x
Tagged:

Answers

• thanyap_h
    thanyap_h Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too my son was 2.5years i still hold 15kg i need back to 56 now im 71kg but im 45 years old.
  • Dreamroper
    Dreamroper Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's not just kids, age will do it too. I'm 69, going to be 70 in May and sometimes I tell myself I should eat whatever I want, because maybe I won't be around later and missed out on the pie and cake. But then my clothes start getting tight and I have a hard time getting up on my little horse and that's my motivation. It's different for everyone, but for me, it's those two things. I love to ride my horse, and he's small, but even an extra 10 lbs makes it hard to get up onto his back, not to mention having your jeans tight. Everyone's motivation is different, and it's a struggle for many of us. You have a support system here! We're with you!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your current plan isn’t sustainable for your current lifestyle. I would suggest tracking and eating at maintenance calories for a while. Then once you are consistent with tracking, try taking a small deficit on some days. The weight loss will be slower, but it might be easier to sustain.
  • chanelboguslawska27
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the replies😁 I’m only 22 so it should be easy for me to lose weight but I’m completely obsessed with food, i think about it all the time and when i start eating it’s like i can’t stop. I hate myself for it
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 755 Member
    edited February 6
    Options
    Dreamroper wrote: »
    It's not just kids, age will do it too. I'm 69, going to be 70 in May and sometimes I tell myself I should eat whatever I want, because maybe I won't be around later and missed out on the pie and cake. But then my clothes start getting tight and I have a hard time getting up on my little horse and that's my motivation. It's different for everyone, but for me, it's those two things. I love to ride my horse, and he's small, but even an extra 10 lbs makes it hard to get up onto his back, not to mention having your jeans tight. Everyone's motivation is different, and it's a struggle for many of us. You have a support system here! We're with you!

I too love riding horses and connect with that source of accountability. Finding inspiration is such a gift.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the replies😁 I’m only 22 so it should be easy for me to lose weight but I’m completely obsessed with food, i think about it all the time and when i start eating it’s like i can’t stop. I hate myself for it

If you can't stop eating, can you substitute healthier, lower calorie food? Can you drink flavored waters? Or herbal teas? Hot or iced.
    Constant eating may be constant searching for energy.
    No reason to be mad at yourself for being tired or hungry.