What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    8oi1ra8o8uln.jpeg
    Had a little more time today than usual so got to play in the kitchen. For lunch I made pasta w a roasted honey it squash sauce (added silken tofu to thicken and add protein), with roasted broccoli and feta on top.

Made some sweet potato soup for lunches, it’s been cold and wet here so I’ve been craving soup for a while. Also made some banana chocolate chip muffins.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    Cheese souffle, green salad, charcuterie.
    a9oszbbbw1u6.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Leftovers management. Egg fried rice made from leftovers from Saturday's dinner party. Coca cola chicken (=cheat's teriyaki) I batch cooked with a girlfriend two weekends ago that I pulled out of the freezer. Vietnamese cahn soup made with spinach.
    c8j3xgkcxqsg.jpeg
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,805 Member
    edited February 6
    Options
    @Veta2018 Yum, cabbage rolls! You're giving me ideas for my menu of upcoming meals :) Your coleslaw looks yummy too.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Salt beef cooked sous vide a month ago and pulled out of the freezer. Sauerkraut from a store bought jar, roast carrots and daikon, roast potato, mayonnaise spiked with nduja.
    wdf51becsu4l.jpeg
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    Sichuan dry-fried green beans and tofu from Michael Natkin's book Herbivoracious. I omitted the sugar and salt (there's enough salt in the soy sauce & Szechuan preserved vegetable), and used 5 Tbsp avocado oil instead of 6 Tbsp vegetable oil. A quick, easy, and very tasty meal.
    s3qwrdtq53nd.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    edited February 7
    Options
    Sweet potato hummus, inspired by a comment someone made in the Ultimate Accountability Challenge, my "happy home" here on MFP... shout-out to my fellow UAC'ers who hang out in this thread ;) And to anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about, come visit us and join if you like!

I used this recipe but left out the cayenne pepper, so my hummus was NOT spicy. No judgment, but I personally am not a fan of making all things spicy.

Here's my first portion -- sadly flattened by the lid of the container it was in... food prep is about convenience first, and beauty maybe 12th or so :D Also, for some reason this hummus doesn't photograph well -- it's much more vividly orange in real life. I ate it with red bell pepper and sugar snap peas. I would not do the sugar snap peas again, but the bell pepper was a good addition. Going to try carrots & bell peppers next. I'm tickled pink that someone thought of combining hummus with sweet potatoes, two of my favorite things!
    j0id27tm9b4z.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    edited February 7
    Options
    A quick salad: romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, English cucumber, sugar snap peas, walnuts, a little bit of olive oil, and some more of that chicken breast cooked sous vide in wine, herbs, salt & olive oil. I warmed up the chicken breast in the microwave before adding it to the salad. I've been eating a lot of wintery stews lately and I got a little tired of all that brown sameness :D
    qddna1pv65cw.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    edited February 7
    Options
    Carbonade Flamande -- one of the aforementioned brown stews... this is real comfort food for dark, cold winter days or (rainy fall nights). I eat this with the bright Belgian endive/apple/walnut salad that the recipe writer suggests. I've made this dish a few times now, and it always comes out perfect. It's great for food preppers too, just be sure to make a fresh batch of salad every couple days because the salad loses its appeal when you store it too long.
    p2nt57mnflaf.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    edited February 7
    Options
    On a typical day I have a couple "real meals" and the rest is what I would call "modular snacks" or gap fillers: smaller meals made up of easily portioned components that are specifically chosen to hit my macro/nutrition goals. For example: deviled eggs, almonds, and pistachios.
    vosxi3rd2tgg.jpg
    Some more of that sous-vide chicken breast, this time eaten cold from the fridge, with walnuts.
    oge9nq682m4z.jpg
  • drana325
    drana325 Posts: 42 Member
    edited February 7
    Options
    This Week's Breakfast: 2 extra large hard boiled eggs.. I'm not goign to include pics of this.. everyone knows what eggs look like.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________
    This week's Lunch Meal Prep:
    Homemade Tuna Salad, Romaine Lettuce, Blanched Zucchini, shredded carrots, shredded cheese.

Ingredients in tuna salad (5 servings): 2 cans light tuna, 1 finely chopped red onion, handful of chopped cilantro, 1 tsp smashed garlic, 1 tsp ground mustard seeds, 3 tablespoons regular mayo. 109 cals

Total Cals: 227
    o2dzssm1u17w.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
    This week's Dinner Meal Prep:
    Chicken and Potato Curry (too many ingredients for me to list.. but it's 271 cals/serving.
    3zkaswrmwsgq.jpg

and smoked salmon on ciabatta bread with spinach&artichoke dip & honey dijon mustard 310 cals
    jm59onansbdc.jpg

• acpgee
    Options
    Chicken with Peruvian sauce from the NYT cooking site. Sauteed spinach, microwaved carrots pan fried with maple syrup. Air fryer waffle fries were not an unqualified success.
    lb4p5c9odmcv.jpeg

• rhnlov
    rhnlov Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    a7iz99pl60dw.jpeg
  • rhnlov
    rhnlov Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    rhpcjjxj12rf.jpeg

• Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    @acpgee - I've been craving sushi since I seen your post last week. I'll have to eat some soon. The Cheese souffle sounds delicious too.
    @takinitalloff - I like how you add nuts to everything. Good healthy snacks too.
    @drana325 - The chicken and potato curry looks yummy. I like the way you include calories...very helpful.
    @rhnlov - not sure if that's Greek chicken but it looks delicious. the mixed veggies too.
    @SafariGalNYC - I want some Ahi Tuna wrapped around cucumber.

I have nothing to share but enjoyed seeing what y'all are eating.