What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Options

Replies

• eveaah25
    eveaah25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In another 10 lbs, I'll have lost 30% of my body weight!

Great! Let's be friends.
  • bennyg1973
    bennyg1973 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    To get in shape to go back to martial arts!
  • ___Tams___
    ___Tams___ Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    ___Tams___ wrote: »
    Gained weight over the last few trips away so I need to lose 4lbs to be back into a normal bmi.

3lbs to go

2lbs to go

1lb to go. Slowly but surely 😅

Reached this goal, bmi 24.9 😊

Next goal is to lose 6lbs to get back into 130s

Christmas happened so 9lbs to go 😅

8lbs

6.5lbs to go
  • Arradel
    Arradel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keeping my macros very close to avoid burnout on weight loss so exercise is not such a burden.
  • RuthanneBowers
    RuthanneBowers Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of the year I had gotten down to 201 and I thought things were heading in the right direction. But the next time I got to use a scale (I don't own one so I only weigh when I go to my parent's), I had gained 6. I know that I had just gotten off a week of making a lot of bad food choices so I know that that was a factor. The next time I will be able to check the scale is at the beginning of March when I will be housesitting for my parents. All that to say, my mini goal is to be below 205.
    My other mini goal is to have no days with less than 5,000 steps between now and then.
  • alycialeach
    alycialeach Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going to California this Summer. I've always wanted to go, and I don't want to look at the photos of the trip with any regret.
  • spirittrail
    spirittrail Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    It's actually sad that a company doesn't provide health insurance for all of its employees. I am glad that was a benefit of my employers. Now I have to pay it on my own, and... ouch.

I think it's even more sad that the United States still hasn't joined the First World countries and started providing Universal Health Care for everyone. The health care system in Canada isn't "free." It's paid through taxes, just like the fire department and maintaining streets and sidewalks. The insurance "industry" is the reason why costs are so high. If we had Universal Health Care, a whole bunch of companies who profit off passing money back and forth between people who get care, insurance companies, and doctors would go away. Prescription drugs cost a lot more in the US solely because of this industry.

In my career, if my employers hadn't had to pay for my health insurance, they could have put more money in my pocket for other purposes.

Health care is one of the few things that the US still does totally wrong. Our system enriches insurance companies and the industry that negotiates prices on their behalf. It's much worse if you, without any knowledge because you're experiencing an emergency and may not be conscious, end up being treated in any way by any provider that your insurance happens to not have an agreement with. You can get a large unexpected bill, and even if you're able to negotiate it down or away, it's very stressful. That stress is awful for your health.

The health care industry in the U.S. is like a hospital gown - it leaves your rear end exposed.

Yes...I'm aware it's paid thru our tax dollars yet the overall investment.....pays extremely high dividends. People may complain about the taxes, but our Universal Healthcare is a generous safety net and like a freshly paved highway.....extremely nice to know it's there when we need it. Cheers!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!