What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    @janicemlove
    Is that Peruvian aji verde on your chicken? I made that last week for the first time and loved it.

Tonight's dinner was beef rendang batch cooked sous vide, rice, Bep Vuyk's tomato lalab recipe, and cucumber salad with black sesame dressing. Some pickled onions pulled out of the back of the fridge.
    rp4nns73sj6u.jpeg
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    @acpgee - Thank you for the tips. I could see myself making California rolls but would have to go to my favorite Sushi restaurant for Tuna, salmon, or eel. Sushi is a food that you really need to eat fresh. We don't have anywhere local to buy good fresh tuna, salmon or eel.
    @badnoodle - Your Italian pork tenderloin over mushroom and spinach stroganoff looks delicious!
    @janicemlove - What did you top your meat with? The whole meal looks great!

20j7rbig08qh.jpg
    Apple Cinnamon with Almonds Oatmeal.
    hy02jwywbq27.jpg
    Spaghetti with Meatballs.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,217 Member
    Options
    @badnoodle

Winter squash can take a little while to cut carefully, and DO be careful.

For the other veggies, there's some tips and tricks to chop vegetables fairly quickly. One of my favorite kitchen tasks is cutting, chopping, and dicing vegetables.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    @badnoodle
    A trick for peeling and chopping squash prior to roasting: Halve with a cleaver to easily scrape out seeds with a spoon. Pop into the microwave to soften a bit prior to peeling. Once peeled, I have no problems with chopping hard squashes.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    Steak and egg for breakfast.
    q5lvjffgk2n7.jpg
    Taco salad for lunch.
    l92xxay9yloy.jpg
    Baked chicken,roasted potato and broccoli for dinner.
    85j34dd5yz7q.jpg
    Roasted garlic, parmesan, artichoke for a snack.
    tvqptcbqs2pv.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,805 Member
    edited February 13
    Options
    @VegjoyP Awww I'm sorry about your jaw, that sounds so difficult and frustrating! Thanks for sharing your delicious food photos.

Here's one of my favorite soups ever: Spinach-and-Cilantro Soup with Tahini and Lemon
    I'm not sure if this is ok for you to eat... I could see the lemon and/or the cilantro pieces causing problems, but as long as that is not an issue I think you would enjoy it (judging from the things you normally like to eat). I like this soup warm/hot and also chilled. If you want it vegetarian, just replace the chicken stock with veggie stock/broth.

I wish you a complete recovery, hang in there!
  • Veta2018
    Options
    hek0hxk1hxkm.jpg
    2ftcg4ja54zx.jpg