FEBRUARY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @Leigh_b , @tarun_yadavA and @Scott6255 I have cousins that live in Cold Water MI and am planning to go up this May for a wedding.

Congratulations @ContraryMaryMary ! You did great.

Hahaha @tarun_yadavA . At least she tried to have some healthy foods for you! The cinnamon buns look yummy. Once when I was in the AF, I came home around my birthday, and was going to have to weigh in when I got back, so I told my parents I couldn't have cake. They improvised and drilled holes in a carrot to put candles in to blow out. My carrot cake. :lol: It sounds like you are all compromising well on the TV time.

Nice "shuffle" @chris_in_cal .
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls OMG 😭
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Need to catch up on posts…..

Great job @ContraryMaryMary on your unplanned race!

@quilteryoyo I hope you rest up and are able to work your way back to a somewhat more regular routine. You’ve been through a lot lately.

Great runs by so many of you! Way to go!
    Back home now after a very busy week away.
    Not much time to walk, but got in 0.6 Wednesday, 1.75 Thursday and 2 miles today, first day of the 10K training schedule.

February total to date:

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls - That is so tragic! I remember when he won the Chicago Marathon and set the men's world record. So sad!

@ContraryMaryMary - congratulations on your expected HM. You I'll be back in top form before you know it and finishing the next one without walking!

@quilteryoyo - I am glad you are feeling better and I hope you can get back to regular good sleep!
    I am one who dislikes the smell of skunks. I honestly didn't know that there are people who like it or don't dislike it.
    I love your folks sense of humor with the carrot cake!

@tarun_yadavA - great running away from home and I am sure your mom figures it evens out with healthy food and cinnamon rolls. You need the calories to support all that running, right? I am not a big fan of cinnamon rolls, especially with icing. Plain ones aren't too bad...

I have gotten out the last 2 days for 3 mile walks each. Today I tried to run a bit but had shoes on that I thought would be ok for short bits of running but my legs let me know that wasn't the case. So far I have 17.17 miles for the month.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    So sad about Kelvin Kiptum, not just that he was a phenomenal runner poised on the edge of the next unbelievable running milestone, but simply that he was so young. Heartbroken for his family and friends, and of course those of his coach too.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited February 12
    Options
    Morning all.

Got in 5 (at 09"37)

So sad about Kelvin. RIP 🙏🏽
    Saw him whizz past only last year... 😢

@quilteryoyo thank you! LOL @ drilled holes in the carrot!
    @shanaber thank you!
    Yes - that's an internet meme thing already... My mum - "Grandmother math". For every carrot, there's a cinnamon roll. LOL
    Oooohhh love Cinnamon rolls though - doubly so with icing for me!
    Already thinking ahead to my next Stateside visit when i see family... and try squeeze in a Cheesecake Factory visit to get that Cinnabon cinnamon swirl cheesecake. 🤤🤤🤤

Hope you guys across the pond enjoyed your Superbowl Sunday?
    Woke upto a few expletives on Cousins group chat from my SF brother and sis in law LOL.
    Any Swifties here? Hahahaha
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @AlphaHowls Such horrible news.

Nice unplanned run @kgirlhart .

Thanks @daria0919 . You did great getting in some walks while you were away. I find it really hard to run on vacation, but my streak has pushed me to at least get a mile of walking every day when I'm away.

Thanks @shanaber . You are doing great this month and glad you didn't push it with the wrong shoes.

Nice run @tarun_yadavA . I love the Cheesecake Factory. It's a good thing there isn't one anywhere near where I live, as far as I know.....and I don't want to know. :lol:

You are doing great @Laurz9191 . I hope your kids will continue to get out with you for some short, then longer, runs. You are a great example to them.

I'm glad you are feeling better @Mari33a .
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    @chris_in_cal I really liked the video. He really stuck it out and I think many runners can identify with "silly" time goals that matter so much to the individual but nothing to anybody else.
    His expression when he said "I'm 42 and I just ran the fastest marathon of my life" was priceless.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Thanks @TheMrWobbly . Sounds like you've had a tough year so far. Glad you have persevered and continue to run. Twelve miles is a long run! Hang in there and keep trying. You'll get that 2.5 hour HM someday. (Did you watch the video that @chris_in_cal shared?)

@yirara I hope the pollen leaves soon so you can breathe again. Hang in there.

@ContraryMaryMary I'm glad it isn't a long lived cold and that you should be okay tomorrow. I hope your DH gets better soon too.