rainy, gloomy weather - am I very strange?

Options
KatieJane83
KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
So I'm kinda bored at work right now, and I was inspired by the weather here right now.

I absolutely LOVE gray, dreary, drizzly, cloudy, rainy weather! If there's a streak of gloomy, rainy days I'm happy as can be! And if there's a thunderstorm I'm positively giddy! Lol

This is not to say I don't also love beautiful, sunny days but anytime it's the kind of weather when everyone else is grumbling, I'm thrilled!

So, am I very strange? Are there any others out there who share my affinity for depressing weather?

Replies

• igora_soma
    Options
    I enjoy it sometimes, but we have it 7-8 months out of the year here... it's definitely good you enjoy it though! Probably makes it easier to bear :)
  • netty129
    Options
    I do love rain, cloudy days on occasion. Especially when I can be home to enjoy them!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    We have something in common, I honestly enjoy it a lot!! Happy Healthy Journey!:):) Pleasure to meet you!! Have a great Day!!
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one. I specifically love thunderstorms.
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I love rainy days! They are my absolute favorite. I am more energized when it rains than when the sun comes out. :)
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I do love the rain and a good thunderstorm just as I love the sun the only thing is I have to be inside watching the rain... If I'm outside my attitude towards it quickly changes....
  • WordToYourMamma
    Options
    Many people love storms and rainy weather.
  • cawfeesong
    Options
    I LOVE gloomy weather
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Don't know that I get quite as thrilled as you over a rainy, dreary, glooomy day but there is something relaxing about them to me as well.
  • CamiXiomara
    Options
    Gloomy, gray, rainy days are my thing too. I feel happy. Just too happy. I don't understand why *shrugs*
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    nope! Not strange at all! I live for the weather of the fall season! It's my favorite time of year!! Doom and Gloom! Love it!
  • foodluver27
    Options
    Nope I feel the same way too...sometimes I am just in the mood for a really nice thunderstorm that will last all day...especially when it has been sunny weather all the time. It just sets the mood and feels good :) I am definitely not a gloomy person either so don't think the weather depicts your personality. I really wish we would get some of that weather here. I live in Texas and the part I live in has been so dry and we have had one of the driest summers...ready for some non-stop rain and thunder and lightning :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I think the changing seasons is always fun, because it's something different......but summer and heat are my favorite. maybe because I was born in California but now live in dreary, rainy Oregon.....
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I like stormy weather but not gloomy. Fall is just a reminder that winter will be here soon and I despise winter.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    So I'm kinda bored at work right now, and I was inspired by the weather here right now.

I absolutely LOVE gray, dreary, drizzly, cloudy, rainy weather! If there's a streak of gloomy, rainy days I'm happy as can be! And if there's a thunderstorm I'm positively giddy! Lol

This is not to say I don't also love beautiful, sunny days but anytime it's the kind of weather when everyone else is grumbling, I'm thrilled!

So, am I very strange? Are there any others out there who share my affinity for depressing weather?
    Your so not weird!! I love rainy weather too!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Yes, you're very strange. Just kidding. I'm afraid of thunderstorms but I miss them. We do get thunder here in WA State sometimes but it's nothing like back in the midwest. I actually miss the tornado season too. I may live in Washington now but my :heart: is still in Missouri.
  • OlibecaMom
    Options
    I can't wait for a day like that in our area. Not that I don't enjoy bright, sunny days... I just really would love a good cold, rainy day. Especially if I can be home curled up with a book! So, if you are strange then so am I!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it sometimes, but we have it 7-8 months out of the year here... it's definitely good you enjoy it though! Probably makes it easier to bear :)

Wow, 7-8 months, that's intense! Lol I wonder if that'd be too much for me?
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    No...you like what you like....I love a massive loud thunderstorm with lightening and thunder.....more at night than the day tho.....

Its been raining here for over a week so I miss the sun.
  • pcox0624
    Options
    I absoluely love thunder storms, rainy weather and even SNOW! I think I might be stranger than you.....I actually hate it when spring time starts. I always look forwrd to the fall!!!!!