What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,263 Member
    Options
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    I don't know what to call this, except a good-tasting, unplanned dinner using assorted pantry items.

One-pot pasta rainbow. Looks tasty!

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    I don't know what to call this, except a good-tasting, unplanned dinner using assorted pantry items.

One-pot pasta rainbow. Looks tasty!

I"ll buy that name, thanks! And it was ... it has a little kick to it, as I used some red pepper flakes.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    We went out for my birthday, which was actually yesterday. We have learned to avoid restaurants on my actual birthday Feb 14 with their overpriced Valentine's menu's.

happy birthday. looks like qiute a meal. what is the last dish - looks as if there are brussels sprouts in it?

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    acpgee ~ Happy Birthday! Delicious meal.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    @mjbnj0001
    The last dish was a grilled pork chop with an amazing sherry sauce that had a faint taste of caramel. On the side was a cheesy cauliflower puree which for my taste was overseasoned. Topped with surprisingly tender, yet not overcooked brussel sprouts. Have no idea how they managed to cook those.
  • LilithReigns
    LilithReigns Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    badnoodle wrote: »
    a3egzldncchr.jpg
    Leftover management: pork tenderloin with Italian salsa verde, Mediterranean salad, a whackload of zucchini, and a sidecar of pineapple

Thanks for the suggestions on dicing though the majority of my trouble on Saturday was not mechanical, but multitasking. I think I had 10 dishes in some phase of prep, more or less simultaneously. (but I've got a lot less to worry about tomorrow and Tuesday)

all of your posts so far look so good!
  • acpgee
    Options
    Tapas dinner again. Spanish tortilla made with a medium onion, a large baking potato and three eggs. Salad of peeled roast paprika, roast cherry tomato, capers and pepitas. Another weird salad from the Washington Post with celery, white beans, roast mushrooms, feta and mint. Some charcuterie we had lying around the fridge.
    w0izzyqn9dax.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    edited February 17
    Options
    Veta2018 wrote: »
    @janicemlove - What did you top your meat with? The whole meal looks

@Veta2018 and @acpgee
    I just did cilantro and Greek yogurt this time but Peruvian aji sauce is really good too! Definitely going in the rotation.
  • acpgee
    Options
    My Japanese dinner party has been postponed until the first week in March, so I am still practicing. Discovered tonight that switching around courses to have the handrolls first, followed by udon+kakiage is much nicer. Kakiage was oilier and less crispy than last attempt but am not sure why. Last time I formed them on a pasta server which let batter drip out better than the flat spatula I used this time. Also batter was maybe thinner. Also discovered that it is still easy to overcook tataki even with a blowtorch. The addition of air fried salmon skins (a waste product from the tataki) was a good crispy addition to the hand roll offerings.
    xy25vgxqru2c.jpeg
    zmtbd5twrruu.jpeg
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    My choice of snack and my husband's choice of snack. (I already ate a couple celery before I decided to take a picture.
    lmkddb1724ls.jpg
    My homemade French onion soup.
    hj5lw7ob3o60.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Ziti puttanesca with the weird celery/bean/mushroom/feta salad from last week's Washington post.
    2dsun69dmbxh.jpeg