Hi there, my name is Linda

Options
I need consistency and accountability. I need help with my snacking. Any help that's good.

Answers

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You are the only person who can hold yourself accountable. You are the only one who controls your consistency. You are wise to recognize that consistency is actually the key - you have to develop good habits and STICK TO THEM.

Snacking is a challenge for many. Look at when and why you snack. Be mindful. Give yourself permission to have snacks if they fit in your calorie allowance, but make sure they do fit while still giving you room for appropriate nutrition.

While you're at it, check these great posts out:
  • mattWilson2534
    mattWilson2534 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been an avid snacker over the years. One thing thats helped me is switching over to healthier alternatives like nuts, fruits, and veggies. I also find having caffeine or lemon juice water helps satiate any cravings. Hope that helps!
  • Melukegirl
    Melukegirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda. Snacking has been a problem for me, too. I'm hypoglycemic so I try to have something small every 2-3 hours. But, I had to learn to just put down the damn Funyuns!😅😅
    Now, when I have a snack, I try to always include protein since it stabilizes blood sugar. I'll have an orange or kiwi and almonds. Or, maybe an apple with vegan Baby Bell cheese (I can't have dairy). Jicama is also a great snack. For me, that's kind of a good substitute for chips since I like crunchy snacks. Hope this helps!