Weight loss

Options
I have been overweight most of my life. But last summer I was 170 which was my heaviest
(I am 5’4 f)
I am now 160
My goal is to by 125 somewhere in July. I have be on a 1,200 cal diet and trying to eat more protein for a little over a month now. (I usually eat a light breakfast then have a protein bar or fruit for lunch and save most of my calories for dinner.) I have also started lifting weights 2-3 times a week and trying to do more a cardio. I have trouble over eating on the weekends because I am not as busy so it is easier to find food.
I tried to lose 10 pound in 5 week but only managed 5. I see changes in my body ( like a slimmer face and torso) but the scale just does go down as much as I want it to. So I guess my questions are how do I lose weight more effectively and how do I make
sure I reach my goal by July. Any tips
or suggestions?

Replies

• Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a good loss so far. No hints to do better cause I think you're doing great!
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    With only 35 lbs to lose, you are losing at a good rate. You shouldn't really be losing more than a pound a week, so you are losing at a good rate.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    "as much as I want it to"

Right there.

Losing a lb a week is healthy and perfectly fine and you're on the right track.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    Yep, with your current weight losing 1lbs per week is totally normal. Losing more than that might not be possible to start with because you won't give your body enough nutrition. Plus MFP will only allow you to lose at a healthy rate, and 2lbs per week is very likely rather unhealthy. So all is fine. As you get closer to target your loss might even shrink to 1/2lbs per week as a lighter body needs less energy. But don't worry. Just mentioning it so that you're prepared.

Finally: Congratulations! Well done! ❤️
  • cats2222
    cats2222 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I too don't feel the scale doesn't move as much as I would like it to, but my mindset is every ounce is a victory at this point. I think you are doing fantastic. Keep up the good work
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Excellent results! :)