JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Options

Replies

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 You've summed up the roof repairs beautifully...it will be marvellous not to have the stress of worrying about the water coming in, this has been going on since I moved into this house. I will still need the wall roughcast to have a complete repair, and haven't found anyone to do that yet, but the roof will make the biggest difference. A huge thing for my brain not to have to think about any longer! (although it's raining now, I don't know how much they will manage to get done today).

JFT Monday 26th Feb

THINK before I eat ✅
    One snack (grandson here so I know I will) ❌ 2
    No eating after 6.30 pm ✅
    PF exercises ❌
    Back exercises ❌

Roofers are here this week, it's very noisy. The end of my roof is completely rotten with the rain getting in. I'll be glad when I'm at the stage of no workmen here. Only a window blind left to get for the kitchen though, so nearly done inside.

Didn't do great yesterday, didn't even do my calf stretching exercises for the foot pain, and I always do those. Must do better today.

JFT Tuesday 27th Feb

THINK before I eat
    One snack (he's here again 😊)
    No eating after 6.30 pm
    PF exercises
    Back exercises

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 - Happy Birthday to Casey! She looks so cool in her shades!

@pridesabtch - Wow! Your kitchen looks great.

@Snowflake1968 - Thanks for the support and encouragement <3

@cschmitz110515 - That sounds like such a frightening experience.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Didn't get much done yesterday because I still wasn't feeling well, but I'm doing a lot better today. Lot's to do, so I'd better get to it.

To do by the end of the month
    Get a haircut
    Catch up on grading
    Clean fridge

Recap Monday, 2/26
    Log - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Healthy food choices - :)
    Exercise ? - Napped instead
    Laundry - Started
    Fridge - No

JFT Tuesday, 2/27
    Log
    Hydrate
    Healthy food choices
    Haircut
    Visit Mom
    Finish laundry
    Fridge

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options

JFT for 2/27/24 (today✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 2/16), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies & girl scout cookies, homemade cookies).
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 2/23)
    4) Can weigh everyday for a while.
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/24). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No pistachios today.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 2/17)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 2/8)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 2/26)
    14) No tamales ok today.(last 2/25)
    15) No more than 600 calories at lunch.
    16) No real butter today, unless in cooking.
    17) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 2/26)
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Was meant to start my goals again today. But I haven't. TOTM literally started today and it's a bad one hormonal wise. Already being snappy and then today the girls had choir so had to get Casey, come home and leave again straight away to get the other two from choir.
    I took the dog with me on the way back to school and for some reason he decided to take 3 dumps, all outside homes with Ring Doorbells. I don't mind picking up his mess but would rather there not be a F****g video of it on someone's doorbell.

Then to top it off I've been having problems with my ankle. To the point where I'm going to have to go to the GP with it. It's actually more the Achilles heel. It really hurts when I'm walking. Can't really describe the pain. Kind of a throbbing pain in a way. Makes it harder to walk, like I have to compensate for it a bit.
    I thought it was a sprain at first maybe but it's not gone away.

Probably from all the walking I do but I can't really avoid that so not sure what to do about that.

So all them compiled together just left me feeling utterly rubbish to the point I was crying when I got home because I was also completely drenched from the rain.
    Ash said "why you crying over rain" and then he got both barrels off me.

I hate periods. Everyones now avoiding me like the plague.. which is probs for the best 🫤
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    Spent my morning doing science experiments with Middle School kiddos. It was fun but stressful, and a bit messy. Most of the kids were engaged and well behaved, there was really only one I wanted smack upside the head. Not bad for that age. Hubby and I carpooled today as he helped at Chemfest as well. We swung by Subway and grabbed sandwiches to bring back to work. I got a footlong turkey and am saving half for tomorrow. I rarely eat lunch at work, and boy did it make me tired.

Kitchen should be done today! I'm not 100% happy with the grout color we chose, but it still looks nice.
    Just not what I invisioned. Think I'm going to order a few new things to decorate a bit. Nothing big, but maybe new canisters, towels and oven mitts. The old ones are a bit rough. They were going to take a few weeks off before starting the bathroom, but now they plan to start next week. I love our contractors they are very good and quick.

JFT Tuesday
    - 7:00 am meeting
    - 8:00 am at the school
    - 8:30 - 11:30 Chemfest
    - Grab lunch
    - Back to work
    - More meetings
    - Home by 5:00
    - Wipe down cabinets
    - Start putting the kitchen back together
    - Dinner out or bring something home
    - Bed by 10:30
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Was meant to start my goals again today. But I haven't. TOTM literally started today and it's a bad one hormonal wise. Already being snappy and then today the girls had choir so had to get Casey, come home and leave again straight away to get the other two from choir.
    I took the dog with me on the way back to school and for some reason he decided to take 3 dumps, all outside homes with Ring Doorbells. I don't mind picking up his mess but would rather there not be a F****g video of it on someone's doorbell.

Then to top it off I've been having problems with my ankle. To the point where I'm going to have to go to the GP with it. It's actually more the Achilles heel. It really hurts when I'm walking. Can't really describe the pain. Kind of a throbbing pain in a way. Makes it harder to walk, like I have to compensate for it a bit.
    I thought it was a sprain at first maybe but it's not gone away.

Probably from all the walking I do but I can't really avoid that so not sure what to do about that.

So all them compiled together just left me feeling utterly rubbish to the point I was crying when I got home because I was also completely drenched from the rain.
    Ash said "why you crying over rain" and then he got both barrels off me.

I hate periods. Everyones now avoiding me like the plague.. which is probs for the best 🫤

Right there with you. Grumpy & tired! Happy birthday to Casey. Try to rest your foot/ankle.
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    Didn't get much done yesterday because I still wasn't feeling well, but I'm doing a lot better today. Lot's to do, so I'd better get to it.

To do by the end of the month
    Get a haircut
    Catch up on grading
    Clean fridge

Recap Monday, 2/26
    Log - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Healthy food choices - :)
    Exercise ? - Napped instead
    Laundry - Started
    Fridge - No

JFT Tuesday, 2/27
    Log
    Hydrate
    Healthy food choices
    Haircut
    Visit Mom
    Finish laundry
    Fridge

Glad you are feeling a bit better today. You have so much going on these days. Take care!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Stretch. Attempt Y class. Duo.
    2. Write plans for elective. Print Week 8 rosters. Print flash cards
    3. ELA: PHONES IN/OUT. Check on Goodreads Conflict update - part 3. Verbs practice. Chapter 17.
    4. Planning: Schedule eye exam. Write a blog post. Write nouns script. Enter grades for J5 and late work. Hole punch the play since it's too big to staple
    5. Elective: Logic puzzle. New episode + worksheet finish up as needed.
    6. Review interview data; look for patterns.
    7. Begin new library book. Talk with dept head about staying with 10th next year.
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Pizza. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Duo. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Goals for this week: Post to FB for civic groups. Write a blog post. Write Nouns script and shoot. Schedule eye dr appointment. Check in with parents.
    11. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to write blog posts. Contact S about members' displeasure at "being told who to vote for" and requests for info on ALL candidates. Figure out how to pull music from cassette to digital file. Compare costs for ESPs and get D and C to join an org. Hang white wire shelf in small bathroom. Shelves in bedroom. Sash for space dress. Gounod from tape to digital file. When are we going to McKay's next? Organize home repair needs list. Check with mom RE dinner. Text patrick.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 205.6

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Union. Dems. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Mon Feb 5 11A. Dentist May14 11A. Massage Feb 10 6P. Need to RS colonoscopy (March?). Need to schedule eye exam. Check on PCP for mid-April.

12. Therapy thoughts: I need to talk to my parents about later-life plans (particularly assisted living and funeral preferences). I've never been through something like that and would like to know how to go about making arrangements, but I don't really know who to talk to about it. Identify what I want: to have my professional expertise acknowledged and given the respect it deserves, and to be taken as a legitimate authority. Is it possible to find a faith community that does not include worship? What is the purpose of worship? What are effective strategies for empathy fatigue / vicarious trauma?

13. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Sustainable. I feel like I'm always scrambling from one teetering tower of to-dos to another, each one in a state of imminent collapse.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus. 2023 WFTY: Priorities
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 2/27/24 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 2/16), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies & girl scout cookies, homemade cookies).✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 2/23)✔️
    4) Can weigh everyday for a while.✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/24). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No pistachios today.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 2/17)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 2/8)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 2/26)✔️
    14) No tamales ok today.(last 2/25)✔️
    15) No more than 600 calories at lunch.✔️
    16) No real butter today, unless in cooking.✔️
    17) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 2/26)✔️

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 2/28/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today (last 2/16)
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies & girl scout cookies, homemade cookies).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 2/27)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/24). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No pistachios today.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 2/17)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 2/26)
    17) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 2/26)

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

[/quote]

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday Feb 26
    1.5L of water - 🙂
    Log all food - 🙂
    Move for 20 minutes - 👿

JFT - Tuesday Feb 27
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Move for 20 minutes
  • littleblackskirt
    Options
    @Bex953172 Sorry you had a bad day yesterday, though your tale of the dog and the doorbells did make me laugh!

JFT Tuesday 27th Feb

THINK before I eat ❌
    One snack (he's here again 😊) ❌ 2
    No eating after 6.30 pm ✅
    PF exercises ✅
    Back exercises ❌

Another not very good day, must try harder.

JFT Wednesday 28th Feb

THINK before I eat
    No snacking
    No eating after 6.30 pm
    PF exercises
    Back exercises
    Sort house out

No excuses today, grandson is not here, and neither are the roofers...but they should be, so where are they?!
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    - 7:00 am meeting :smiley:
    - 8:00 am at the school :smiley:
    - 8:30 - 11:30 Chemfest :smiley:
    - Grab lunch :smiley:
    - Back to work :smiley:
    - More meetings :smiley:
    - Home by 5:00 :(
    - Wipe down cabinets :(
    - Start putting the kitchen back together :(
    - Dinner out or bring something home :(
    - Bed by 10:30 :(

Yesterday was going well until my aunt texted me asking me to check on my mom because she wasn't answering her phone. We went over to her house, called, knocked, even unlocked the front door and called for her. Couldn't get in because she had a chain on the door. I knew she was ok, because she had set her trash out, but still we tried to get her attention. Nothing. Finally Tim jumped the fence and went to the basement door. She pretty much stays in the basement which is why she couldn't hear us calling for her. We finally get her and I ask if there is something wrong with her phone. She said she just couldn't talk on it because it locked up on her so she just turned it off. I explained that her sister had been trying to call for 4 days and text for 2. I called the phone, and it worked just fine. Mom wasn't phased by it. Tim cleared off the 25 versions of solitaire mom had on her phone and cleared up her memory and the phone worked better. Then she turned off the phone and put it back in her bedroom. It's classic behavior from her, she wants people to worry and feel sorry for her. Ugh.. finally I gave up and left. We went shopping for a few things for the kitchen and then out to dinner. I had lobster mac & cheese and a Cajun filet with shrimp on top. Tim had duck & andouille gumbo with a side of balsamic mushrooms. It was a lovely meal. I was still uptight though from the time with my mom. Amazing how she knows how to get under my skin.

Anyway, the day was good. The evening stunk. Tonight is trivia night, but I'm tempted to stay home and put the kitchen together instead. I bought some new things yesterday that haven't arrived yet, but I'm super excited to put the finishing touches on things.
    cidu2nn8cf60.jpg
    96dr8z7fyrx1.jpg

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Meetings until 10:00 :smiley:
    - Chinese for lunch
    - home by 4:30
    - Trivia or kitchen
    - Bed by 10:30
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    1) Can have dessert today (last 2/16)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/24). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 2/26)
    17) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 2/26)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

Sample

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Change -- I can have some of my husband's stash today for my dessert! Per number 2 goal, I said I wouldn't, but I also don't have much in the house in the way of desserts otherwise.
  • more_freggies76
    edited February 29
    Options
    1) Can have dessert today (last 2/16)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies & girl scout cookies, homemade cookies).✔️Did have, but wrote it here before.
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 2/27)✔️
    4) Can weigh everyday for a while.✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/24). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No pistachios today.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 2/17)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 2/8)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 2/26)✔️
    14) No tamales ok today.(last 2/25)✔️
    15) No more than 600 calories at lunch.✔️
    16) No real butter today, unless in cooking.✔️
    17) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 2/26)✔️

JFT for 2/29/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 2/28), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    4) I won't weigh again until Monday, Mar 4.
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/28). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 2/28)
    17) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 2/28)
    18) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

Sample

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday Feb 27
    1.5L of water - 👿
    Log all food - 🙂
    Move for 20 minutes - 🙂

JFT - Wednesday Feb 28
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Move for 20 minutes

@pridesabtch - Our parents can sure be a handful as they age. It’s almost like payback for our teen years. Sorry you’re going through it.
    Your kitchen is beautiful. I love your backsplash.

Very tired today and yesterday, I think I’m fighting something.

Have a great night.
  • littleblackskirt
    Options
    @pridesabtch sorry you had a tough evening with your Mom. I like @Snowflake1968s thought that it's like pay back for when we were teenagers!

JFT Wednesday 28th Feb

THINK before I eat ✅
    No snacking ❌ ugh, need to do better
    No eating after 6.30 pm ❌
    PF exercises ✅
    Back exercises ✅
    Sort house out ✅

No excuses today, grandson is not here, and neither are the roofers...but they should be, so where are they?!

Refilled my kitchen cupboards, and now have a pile to donate as well. By mid afternoon my back and feet were so painful I could hardly move so had to stop. Will do the finishing touches today, and also put lounge back together after the carpet is cleaned this morning. Really looking forward to having the house straight again, with things in the correct rooms.
    The roofers are here, now need a plasterer for the walls.

JFT Thursday 29th February

THINK before I eat
    No Snacking
    No eating after 6.30 pm
    PF exercises
    Back exercises
    Sort house out

Any ladies going to propose today? 🥰