• AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Bob Dylan concert tickets 🥲
  • AdahPotatah2024
    I really need a new refrigerator.
  • TamraLynn78
    TamraLynn78 Posts: 307 Member
    An ugly Christmas sweater that was Elf themed with sequined embellished sleeves… I kind of regret not buying it actually. Would have been great for Christmas this year
  • ExerciseExtraFries
    ExerciseExtraFries Posts: 114 Member
    I wanted to buy some stuff on HALARA and then didn’t.. 😂 I filled a cart and everything and then closed the tab.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    A lazy susan made from a slice of a pine tree
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,401 Member
    A book.
  • E43V15C
    E43V15C Posts: 8 Member
    edited February 7
    I was doing really well/was ahead of myself w/ saving etc until.. Monday/Tuesday I think? Money has been slipping through my hands like water over the last few days :( I'm dipping into funds I usually budget/salvage for the fortnight- I still have some food/clothing items I want to buy between now and early next week- I'm going to try and cap it/distract myself afterwards so it doesn't get out of control- when I'm busier/more functional etc I don't feel as tempted to spend on stuff I don't need- but I did some spring cleaning recently and found out I had some unclaimed money/tax refund- I also had disputed some card/acct transactions and was reimbursed last week/didn't expect it- I always feel shaky/insecure about my finances regardless of whether I have enough money coming in. I hold off on buying stuff if I'm not in the right frame/headspace or if I'm time poor- at least keep the receipts/check the exchange/refund policy, check if it's available online/is there a time frame etc
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited February 7
    I love vintage handmade needlework.

The antiques shop up the street has a mind blowing set of very old napkins, coasters and a table runner. Vintage handmade bobbin and pulled thread lace with mythological creatures worked into each medallion: phoenix. Griffon, Medusa, Pan, Cupid and more.

The workmanship is museum quality. The price is ridiculously cheap for the quality and artful design.

What would I do with them? Store them in a drawer to take out and fondle once in a while. But the pleasure of having and preserving them….

I’ve been thinking about them for over a month now. I can’t justify it because we have a couple of trips coming up….to places that are famed for textiles and handcrafted needlework. 😬
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 11,181 Member
    At the grocery store yesterday on my way to the register to check out, passed the magazine rack where an article caught my eye. Only that one article in the entire magazine, but was curious how much to buy and read it. Fifteen dollars??? For something which would take me 30 seconds to read??? That's like $1800 per hour!

Note to self: avoid walking down that aisle in the future...
  • AdahPotatah2024
    edited February 8
    A beautiful green tweed blazer to go with the shirt/shoes that I am going to return... 😬
  • AdahPotatah2024
    A cute warmie (stuffed animal you can put in the microwave) that looks like a hamster for $25...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,728 Member
    Girl Scout cookies. Knowing I would pass them while out for my soda, I had 2 rules. It could only be Trefoils and they had to take credit cards.

They had the Trefoils but it was a good song on my mp3 player so I just kept walking.
  • ThisIsMegs53
    ThisIsMegs53 Posts: 97 Member
    A new pair of jeans. I’ll come back for them in the spring - hopefully in a smaller size. 🤞
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Cadbury eggs 🤤
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Straw belt and espadrilles for spring
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,166 Member
    Whisky! Why?: I quit drinking it! lol
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,371 Member
    Passed up a new purse yesterday at lunch. Leather. All kinds of compartments and pockets to keep my crap organized. Big enough to throw in more crap, even my tablet, which would come in handy next month when I travel.

(Then my current purse annoyed me again today, like it has ever since I started using it, so I went back at lunch today and got the new one.)
  • AllaboutDaCake
    AllaboutDaCake Posts: 795 Member
    Shoes and now I can't stop thinking about them.
  • HungryCatapillar24
    HungryCatapillar24 Posts: 19 Member
    A holiday abroad this year.. just don’t fancy going it alone 😂
  • AdahPotatah2024
    A dark chocolate brown trench coat on sale. 🥲
  • sr2587
    sr2587 Posts: 239 Member
    An engagement ring 🤷‍♂️
  • AdahPotatah2024
    A replacement mini fridge...I did buy it, received it damaged, and decided I can live without one.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    https://www.wikihow.life/Live-Like-Socrates (Step by step instructions on how to live like Socrates for anyone interested):D
  • springlering62
    https://www.wikihow.life/Live-Like-Socrates (Step by step instructions on how to live like Socrates for anyone interested):D

Socrates must have been a bundle of joy to hang out with.

Reminds me of my husband rolling his eyes and huffing over two guys getting bent out of shape over a political discussion at the Kiwanis luncheon today. Sounds very Socratic, since each was determined to prove the other wrong.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Coffee! I have six or seven boxes of tea and a can of matcha I need to drink before they expire.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,728 Member
    It wasn't something I didn't buy but something I found another home for other than my own.

A big bag of M&Ms that gets sent to us from a vendor when we order from her.

Now, if only those Porto's strudels and cookies I ate could have found another home. :)
  • AdahPotatah2024
    A used rv 💕
  • springlering62
    A used rv 💕

Good decision. 😖
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,401 Member
    An egg McMuffin
  • AdahPotatah2024