WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Kay - I loved your spoiler piece. The key to balance in our lives is to be at peace with ourselves. And everything is linked. Our health, our mental awareness, our friends, our loved ones, our relationship with the wider world and the 'universe'. For me that word is 'Interbeing', as I explain in my book, but it is whatever each of us understands by deep knowledge of ourselves and our connection to a gorgeous web of something greater than ourselves. When we live a life true to ourselves, and that purpose, then our consumption of food and our exercise settles into its natural place in our lives.
    Thank you for sharing your journey.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    Saturday

Fencing!! It is definitely a workout!!

33iat1iuk4bg.png

Gardening!! That was also a workout because I was wielding my mattock into rocky ground. I hadn't expected this strip I'm tearing up to be this rocky.

Machka in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Rosemarie Machka and Flea,
    Thank you for your comments about my Pharmacy Technician goal. I talked to two totally online schools yesterday. But I also talked to Delaware Technical and Community College. There is a company called ed2go that creates and sells hundreds of courses to hundreds of community colleges. I like that aspect because they can put more effort into the course and the community colleges would have vetted the courses more thoroughly than I can. They said completion rate was 83 percent and of those 90 percent passed the certification exam. So it sounds much better, but it costs three times as much. $3000. So I will be looking into that SEED thing, thanks!

The ads say experience and certification is preferred. There is not much for licensing in Delaware. There is some chance I could get hired as a trainee, and learn on the job. But I want the certification to compensate for my lack of experience. And maybe age.

It's all so exciting and scary. I could be working by Christmas!

Ginny great job on your blood work!

Machka Almonds or popcorn? Not exactly substitutes but maybe they appeal.

Rebecca Glad you are enjoying your sons' visit. Yes keep things simple and allow yourself some recovery time.

Thanks Tina and Lisa! 😊

Debbie You are a Financial Champion too for paying off your house! Yay!

Hope you all have a marvelous day!

Annie in Delaware

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    I did fifteen minutes on my bike and ten minutes walking! Yay! I can feel a twinge in my right knee, hope it's a muscle getting stronger.

Annie in Delaware
  • Dia_R
    Dia_R Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I’m frustrated! How do I add y’all as friends? When I click on folks’ names it takes me to their profile, which says private. How do I invite people as friends?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    <3