WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
uukc2c3xf8pk.png
:) I am ready for a new page on the calendar and a new adventure on my journey to health and wellness. I welcome all of you to join me and share your challenges and your successes.

:) The name of the thread is "Women Ages 50+" but all women are welcome. So far our friendly community includes women almost 50 to women past 80.

:) Be sure to bookmark the thread so you can find it again.

:) Please sign your post with a name or nickname and a location general or specific so our communication is more personal.

:) I read this thread every morning to inspire me to success and effort for the day.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

My word for 2024 is "enough". I have done more and more all my life and now is the time to express my gratitude for having and doing enough.

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie!. We appreciate you!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU Barbie!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,854 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,200 Member
    edited March 1
    Options
    Thank you , Barbie! :)

Barbara - Please put me on the list for Katla. I always felt especially close to her. <3 Yes picture. Anything.

Wind and rain. :#

I'm taking my blood pressure every morning and some evenings. The surgery are badgering me to send in the results, so will do that this morning. It was OK this morning, thankfully, and good last night. The Ramipril seems to be working. I'm also on Amlodipine.
    Working on circulation exercises as well as my normal ones.
    Some pain in the night, but not too bad. I slept in short patches with reading in between. Best sleep was 5.30 - 7.00. :D

Seeing the NP for the Doppler test on Tuesday.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,200 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I meant a Doppler test. It's to see if your BP is the same on your arm and your ankle. Brachial pressure. Ankle Brachial Index Test. They had a bit of delay finding a nurse who could do it.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,854 Member
    edited March 1
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Heather admire your “going with the flow” and really like the results. What’s the Doppler test?

Barbara

I'm thinking it might be the same sort of thing we had when we were tested for blood clots in our legs. A Doppler ultrasound to measure the blood flow through the blood vessels.

I had one which identified that my left leg was full of clots from above the knee all the way down. It identified that my main vein(s) was completely clogged but new capillaries were finding their way around to some extent.

4 or 5 months later I had a follow up one which identified that there were still a few clots lingering around but most had gone.

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Welcome Carla from Ohio! We are a friendly group with a lot of simultaneous discussions, so jump in whenever you feel like it. The only rules are no religion or politics, just to keep it friendly and supportive.

Annie in Delaware
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Barbara, please add me to the Katla communication with picture or however. So nice you will connect with her. I sent you a pm but not sure it went your way.

Betsy in NW WA