Hello, my name is Charles, and I am morbidly obese...

Options
Oh wait! This isn't an AA meeting! LOL

I had success with weight loss on another program (which will remain nameless) and one of my biggest success factors was building some friendships in the community forums. So here I am!

I'm feeling pretty motivated and am looking to make some new friends. Feel free to add me if you'd like.

I have a long way to go so I'll be here for a while.

If you're in the Austin Tx area, I'm open to group meet-ups as well so keep me posted.

Charles

Replies

• ahendrix12
    Options
    I wouldn't call you obese at all just by looking at your picture. I sent a friend request, because I am too looking for friends and supporters and I'm going to be here a while too. :]
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    Yeah, gotta love the BMI calculator. It tells me even if I get down to 240 at 6'2" and a large build it tells me I'm still obese... damn that.

I'm back to dieting and stuff as of Monday. So if you want someone to harass you to keep you going feel free to add me. It's tough love. lol
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call you obese at all just by looking at your picture. I sent a friend request, because I am too looking for friends and supporters and I'm going to be here a while too. :]

I found that if you're going to go by BMI, you can't really "eyeball" it - me at 250 was "obese" and yet, I wasn't really that big.

Welcome to the site, best of luck, you'll find a lot of great people and stories on here.
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    Oh, and those are some really shiny balls you have there sir...
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Hi Charles!! Welcome to MFP! I hate the term "morbidly obese"...makes it seem like we're a freak of nature lol. This site is awesome!! Surround yourself with wonderful, supportive friends... there are some bad apples who like to rain on people's parades... but that's power of the delete friend button :wink:

Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey! Feel free to add me if you wish
  • mikedigesu
    mikedigesu Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, brother! I started back in March and I was 350 lbs. I've lost 45 pounds and I'm trying to work through a plateau right now. The friendship on this site helps a great deal. I'll send you a friend request and you can add me if you want.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Keep coming back, it works....oh, yeah - not an AA meeting :blushing:
  • snowness
    Options
    I hate BMI calculators. Welcome to MFP :)
  • alexandradeyl
    alexandradeyl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    keep coming back
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Yeah, gotta love the BMI calculator. It tells me even if I get down to 240 at 6'2" and a large build it tells me I'm still obese... damn that.

I'm back to dieting and stuff as of Monday. So if you want someone to harass you to keep you going feel free to add me. It's tough love. lol

I'm not considered "healthy" until I'm around 175lbs. I'm 6'0 and I have muscles. I don't know if i'll be able to get to 175.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hiya Charles! Welcome! We can all use as much support as we can get. :smile:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Welcome! If you're looking for a fun and supportive community, you've found one.
  • WKenL
    WKenL Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Not sure how you're defining morbidly obese. I've got about 100 pounds to lose, though, so maybe I'm in your league.

Anyway, I'm not in Texas, though I used to live near Lubbock. But I could use some more of a cheering-squad, too, so I'll join up.

Good luck, and keep on going!
  • glitterpiss
    Options
    By going by BMI, I could lose 120lbs and still be in a "normal" weight category for my height. If I lost that much I'm pretty sure I would disappear, or weigh as much as I did when I was 10.
  • tadbiggs
    Options
    In the same boat brother, I too plan on being on MFP for awhile and it is great to have the support from the community. Have been tracking since June and I am about to hit my first goal of getting down to 250 from my starting weight of 315. So if you need support, advice or just someone to bs with count me in.
  • michellezigs
    Options
    I sent you a friend request as well. I have 57 to lose so will be on here for the unforseeable future. Good luck!
  • charlesalvear
    charlesalvear Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Ahh thanks AH. You're too kind, but have you seen that picture of me in the blue shirt? :)

I accepted your friend request by the way.
  • charlesalvear
    Options
    Yeah, I think those BMI grids are antiquated. I think I'll be happy with the way I look at 280/275 or so.
  • charlesalvear
    Options
    Yeah, I think those BMI grids are antiquated. I think I'll be happy with the way I look at 280/275 or so.
  • charlesalvear
    Options
    Oh, and those are some really shiny balls you have there sir...

My eyes are up here.

I never thought I'd ever have to say that! LOL