WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Rita - Happy birthday! Enjoy your dinner...
    ka4c68ozt7hu.gif
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,490 Member
    Options

Happy birthday Rita!!!
    👽 🎂 🛸 🎉 👾 🥳

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY RITA!!! XOXO xxxxxxxx

Had a nice Zoom with my schoolfriends. We talked the whole time about our medical issues! :o:#:p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,490 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: the Katla project. Scrolling through all the profile pics, the love just shines out, warms my heart and lifts my spirits. Think I’ll keep a copy on my desktop for when I need a boost… or pip’s boot! Thank you ALL for participating.
    Kim you’re in too!
    Machka I get mad whenever you tell us about the back-to-work person. Please tell me she’s totally out of your lives now? Lord have mercy on her other “clielnts”.
    Heather That much pain just doesn’t sound right. ((hugs)) While you know your own body best, hoping a prompt, real, professional examination elicits a helpful diagnosis. Do you have an appointment? Edie and Max really shot up quickly! Like your first and second steps, hope that helps you sleep.
    Likewise Annie, good for you for preparing for the future, whatever it will bring.
    Michele re: Katla will do. Glad the leg finally stopped oozing. Safe travels!
    Lanette sometimes a song just catches me, brings a tear. That In the Shallows clip was one. Like you now I’ll keep an eye out for “A Star is Born”
    Rebecca cilantro, ugh. Might as well grate up some Irish Spring. The Sorfrito I had tasted more of garlic, red pepper, dried tomato. Label says there’s also parsley, rosemary and sage. No cilantro :noway:
    Just skimmin’ back later.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    March: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    So... first thing this morning, walked into the laundry room, opened the washer to move last night's load of whites over to the dryer... and there is a washer full of water looking back at me with clothes floating in it. Tried everything, including unplugging it, setting it to drain and spin, and turning it back on. It just made a bzzt noise like it was trying, and gave up.

So, I pulled each piece of laundry out, wrung it out as best I could, and got it into a laundry basket, in case there was something stuck in the agitator... got nothing except wet up to my shoulder. So I unplugged it and let it sit. Corey got up and walked in there and did EXACTLY THE SAME THING I'd just done three times. And the persnickety thing started draining and spinning.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at him, or even the washer. This is karma. Back in my work days, this was how other people felt when I fixed their computers by doing the same thing they'd already done. I told them they weren't holding their lips right, and that I just expected it to work. Never had an explanation then, and still don't. But at least it's working!

So, now that everything's been rewashed, once it's dried, I can get those put away and be done with laundry for a couple days. It's already 70f (21c) and supposed to get up nearly to 80 (26). Time to put my flextape on and go outside and play again. The sun feels so wonderful at this time of year.

Hope it's a lovely peaceful Sunday for all.

Love,
    Lisa in AR

Isn't that so karma.... Your "hold your lips like this comment" reminded me of my favorite phlebotomist. Her name was Laurie and she worked at Blood Source, a donation center in Vacaville CA. I would visit there a couple times a month donating platelets. Its a fairly arduous event, the needle being more like a small tube, and you worked with the machine that took blood out, spun it removing the platelets, then returned it to you via the same IV. So you were either squeezing the ball on the draw, or relaxing during the return for a couple hours. Anywhooo, she had a specific way of slipping the needle in, on her tippy toes, tongue out a bit, it was a riot. Once another lady did it, doing none of the things that NEEDED to be done.... The machine and I did NOT get along, on the return it was vibrating my veins because of the needle being near a "blood flap thing". She tried to reposition the needle, " ok lady who isn't Laurie, stop that"! I told her next time, its only you I want....
    Fun times!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Heather, hope you get a diagnosis soon and then you will be able to make a decision about your cruises. So sorry to hear about your continued pain and I know it must be frustrating.

Tracey, so tragic to read about the chip factory fire. Such a loss to the community for sure.

Rita, happy birthday!

Annie good luck on your future career planning and good job on increasing your exercise regime.

Joy