MARCH 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »
    @ContraryMaryMary and @7lenny7 I think I found you on Strava.

Yup, you did. I’ve followed you back - I find it fascinating to ‘see’ where the people I chat to online are running in the world!

Welcome to the chat. I’m sorry to hear about your son and I hope he’s ok now. I’m glad you’re back on the running wagon.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    edited March 3
    Options
    @7lenny7 wrote: »
    @AlphaHowls some things never change, like you're amazing running! Did you once have a huge streak of daily runs of half marathons or more? Or maybe you still do...that wouldn't surprise me. Great photo!

Love your pictures!

HAHA! I did have a long Half marathon streak as well. My last race from October 2023 took me out.
    AlphaHowls wrote: »

I think it was 1182 days.
    From October 21, 2023
    Race Report! The good, the bad, the ugly!
    Race Day! I felt good, running partner 'released me' to give it my all. She felt I could push and get PR.
    I have never pushed like this run. I have never run this fast. I thought my fuel and things seemed to be on point. My legs started to feel weird by mile 6ish. Not really sure, but they just kept moving and I felt like I could not get control of them. I felt top heavy and felt like I was leaning. I had to keep pep talking myself to slow down, breathe, stay straight. By mile 11, not really sure who was running, my legs just did not want to be under my control. I had to 'right' myself quite a bit. Best described as 'jelly legs.' I began to really struggle to stay straight and upright. I was weaving here and there. I could hear the crowd as I got close, "Don't stop! You are almost there!" It was not pretty, but I was not in pain, I just did not have control of my legs or upper body. I was fighting to make the finish line. About 50ish feet, I was mostly bent over and did go down on on all fours. I could hear the crowd, telling me to push through, almost there, you can do it. I could see the line. I got up and wobbled my way, fighting every inch. I actually kept going through the finish, hearing someone yell to the 'medal handers' to leave me alone until I could get control. One lady ran and grabbed water and as I veered past her, she gave it to me. The weird, I felt fine, just not in control of my body, complete jelly.
    I could hear the crowd, but it was my spirit inside that screamed at me to get up and get through that finish line.
    Not that I feel humiliated or ashamed, but yeah...
    I do not have any other pictures yet as they have not posted race photos. I really do not want to see them, due to what I might see.

Race Results:
    Me Age 52
    36th Overall (out of 162)
    8th Place Gender (out of 86)
    1st place Age (50-54) (out of 11)
    1:55:57
    Over all Pace 08:51
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA Sounds like you had a really great run considering the night you had. Your stomach was probably asking what you had done to it. :lol: Glad you didn't get in trouble with the wife. What is your son's name on Strava?

Great running @Mari33a . I'm glad Dakota was back to his usual self.

Amazing @AlphaHowls !

I hope you managed to find the motivation for a run @ContraryMaryMary .

Great timing and great run @chris_in_cal .

Wow. That's a really long workout/run/hike @7lenny7 ! I'm impressed! Beautiful photos. I'm with you on the ticks and mosquitoes too. I hope the turtle and her eggs survive if the weather gets bad again.