OCTOBER 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,225 Member
    Options
    I hope my Dr doesn't want to start Statins.

Like fluoride in the brave new world I think we'll have statins and Ozempic in our drinking water.

Do what's right for you, but that whole take statins for life thing is a hard pill to swallow.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,722 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Congratulations on doing so well @AlphaHowls but how scary to feel so out of control. You really left it all out there! It’s a shame the organizers weren’t organized. I can’t imagine them running out food when you finished in the top quarter of all the participants. Hopefully, they will take notes and do better next year.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Peachtree Classic 15K
    Weather was a perfect 50°F and 5mph wind. Told myself if the 1st mile is 8:30 pace or under I would try and race it, otherwise I would just take it easy. First mile clocked in exactly at 8:30. So I guess we're doing this... my brother stuck with me the whole time. With all the hills I started struggling at about 5 miles. I thought Mike would just start pulling away, but I somehow found a way to keep up with him. After that second mile we kept a 7:40 pace or faster. Just before the 9 miles mark I decided to just go for it. There were two huge hills at the finish which were pure evil. Ended up with a 7:43 pace 1:12:45 finish time.
    42 of 348 overall.
    4th of 21 Age group (there are a LOT of fast old guys here).
    Overall I'm happy with my performance, but a little bummed not placing.
    Tomorrow's 10 mile race is going to just be a slow sightseeing tour I think 😁

exercise.png

Sounds AMAZING to me @Scott6255!
    Way to go!

Enjoy tomorrow’s race!!
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Congrats @AlphaHowls !! You’re AMAZING! Sounds like a great race to me! Way to push through!!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,997 Member
    Options
    Excellent race @Scott6255 ! Great job on keeping up with your brother and going for it at the end. I hope you enjoy your race tomorrow.

Congratulations @yirara ! You did great to double your distance of continuous running! Slowing up is the way to get there.

Great double digit run @Teresa502 ! Sounds like you enjoyed your trip down memory lane.

Wow @AlphaHowls ! It sounds like you put it all out there. Amazing pace! Congratulations on your Ist place AG win! Feeling so much like "jelly" must have been scary. Glad you made it and are okay. Your running partner did great too. Like @Teresa502 said, I'm surprised they were already out of food when you finished so soon. Hopefully they will do better next year.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,989 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 That was a great pace and a great job on your race. I hope tomorrow's race goes well.

@AlphaHowls Congratulations on your AG win. That sounds scary, but you did a great job pushing through. I would have been so disappointed about the lack of waffles.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 awesome race. You and the 'old guys' all rock!
    @AlphaHowls wow, awesome race too, congrats! I would guess the jelly feeling was just because you were pushing harder than you're used to, but listen to your body for a few days and make sure. Hate it when organisers are so disorganised.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,997 Member
    Options
    Great run @tarun_yadavA ! Love the food pictures. I think the KFC things are interesting. I wonder what Colonel Sanders would say about that. :lol: I would be excited about the tiger safari too. Enjoy your time with family.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Thank you lol @quilteryoyo
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,825 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Totally impressed with our racing team yesterday. wow 🌟🌟🌟🌟

@Scott6255 - you were flying and you ARE in a rough age group but wow. 4th is nothing to sneeze at and you had a PB.. (and your HR was not even over 140's~!! which I know for you is really high but still shows how much effort you put in)

@AlphaHowls - that's a little scary about the jelly legs but you were going so much faster than usual for you. Congratulations on your finish and win! Hope all is back to normal this morning. I can see you may be incorporating some much faster paces in your runs for the future so your body gets used to is. How was your heart rate?

@tarun_yadavA sounds like you just can't please everyone but you have a great adventure planned and even if you are not running you will be busy and getting a lot of walking in I imagine. Have a great vacation and looking forward to the safari pictures!🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅🐅

@quilteryoyo I have decided you are a triathlete for ALL you do in Tennis and RUnning and HARD WORK! and how you fit it all in amazes me. Have you decided yet on the race in Dec? Edit to say that my LDL to HDL ratio is pretty good 3.1 (less than 5 is green( and my Dr doesn't push meds on me at all but I am just disappointed that my total is still high at 236 but it is down from 239 last year even if that's probably not a significant #. I mean not scary high but still. I was reading and it looks like that is also just another aging thing that happens to. My fasting blood sugar was green this time whereas the past few years it has been just a touch over the 100 mark. So improvements overall. But it just really goes to show that all the weight loss and exercise and eating right doesn't mean you will be perfect (genetics I guess )