McDonald's...give me some compelling reasons to resist!

Options

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    mystery meat!!!!!!!!!!!

mystery-meat.jpg

mystery_meat.png
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    It smells gross.

It tastes gross.

What other reasons do you need?

^^ this! McDonalds is gross. The taste of that crap alone is enough for me to resist it! ha
  • kaybrose730
    kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    mystery meat!!!!!!!!!!!

mystery-meat.jpg

mystery_meat.png

Hahahahha Gross!!:laugh:
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It makes me--errrr--make many trips to the bathroom, if you catch my drift :blushing: And all that "stuff" they put in the food... well it gives me gas, too. So, for me, I don't want to feel like I'm on one of those Gas-X commercials where everything anyone says sounds like "fart" or "toot"... but that's just me!!!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    WOW!

Everybody is sooo uptight about McDonalds!!

It's about choices & balance & moderation.

I am not on this McDonalds bashing road.... I like them more than most fast food places & unlike most peopel here I'll just admit that I LOVE fast food. To me it neither smells nor tastes bad, only delicious!

Enjoy your McDonalds lunch! Know how many calories you're eating though & please really really enjoy it... and not every day of course ;)

There are definitely some haters out there! Most of what people have said didn't make me NOT want McDonalds, but it did make me want to go on a quest for some great orgainic meat and veggies....which are WAY outside of my budget because health foods are a novelty here.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question??? :indifferent:
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    WOW!

I am not on this McDonalds bashing road.... I like them more than most fast food places & unlike most peopel here I'll just admit that I LOVE fast food. To me it neither smells nor tastes bad, only delicious!

Enjoy your McDonalds lunch! Know how many calories you're eating though & please really really enjoy it... and not every day of course ;)

Mc Donalds has become the diet worlds boogie man. How many people here are bashing a burger, but will go on to have a beer or a mixed drink tonight? How about a few. That's bad for you too. I guess injesting chemicals heavy in calories is ok because it's fun! If only cheeseburgers gave us a buzz!
  • bellaluna79
    Options
    Just look at the calorie, fat, sugar and salt... Then ask yourself if you really want it. Most of the time I would rather have a piece of fruit or whatever I have brought to lunch, but every now and again I fail and split a breakfast sandwich with my husband. I think you shouldn't tell yourself that you can't have something, because that makes you want it more. You should instead make an informed decision about whether or not you want it and remind yourself that Macdonalds will be there tomorrow if you regret not getting in on the action.

ETA: Also consider the fact that a Quarter pounder with cheese (no fries or soda) equates to about an hour and a half of brisk bike riding.
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    Is this a serious question??? :indifferent:

It's a fun question is what it is....serious in that i want to see what people actually come up with but not serious in that I'm letting other people dictate my meals!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Honestly though, the only reason why i stir away from Mcdonald's is because I envision them stuffing their meats with processed cow livers/bone tissue/ all sorts of nasty left overs. I can't get myself to bite into McD. hamburgers. I even gag sometimes when i try it.
    One simple example is the chicken nuggets, before they went "all white meat" you could bite a chicken nugget and you could see little balls of like fat, it was DISGUSTING! Or even bite into a tendon or something.

:::vomit::: Now, I will try the sundaes, ice creams, frappes, hash brown, breakfast mcmuffins but thats about it.
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'll give you 7 pages worth of reasons why not to. just hit PREVIOUS.
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    Just watch the documentary FOOD, INC. and you will have all the reasons that you will need for yourself!
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    I realized that I would rather make a satisfying, delicious burger my way at home. I prepare it with ground beef or turkey and season it the way I like, use whole wheat bread and I don't worry what else is in it because I already know. I especially love extra extra pickles!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    So you can eat KFC instead? Eh, I eat at Mcdonald's at least 2 times a week (breakfast on Sunday, Egg Mcmuffin and a quarter pounder with cheese somewhere during the week). Can't give you a reason.
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    Ok so, while reading this my tummy had turned in a way I have never felt it before. I don't think it's because of what i'm reading because most of it is just making me laugh, but I seriously feel like there is a troll doing flipps in my stomach it is the weirdest sensation in the world!
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't want to spend the rest of the day running to the bathroom!

AMEN SISTAH!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    WOW!

It's not just about the calories. It's about the quality of the foods and calories and how many "ingredients" are scientifically formulated and put into McDonalds and their fake beef/chicken.

read "Eat this not that"
  • dang_girl
    Options
    I can't look at McDonald's (and fast food in general) without feeling heavier. Needless to say, that's my compelling reason, heh.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    WOW!

There are definitely some haters out there! Most of what people have said didn't make me NOT want McDonalds, but it did make me want to go on a quest for some great orgainic meat and veggies....which are WAY outside of my budget because health foods are a novelty here.

Just give a look see what your grocery store might have. You may not have even noticed. I go to a ghetto grocery store and don't make much money myself, but they have Nature's Basket meats that contain no hormones or anti-biotics and are lean. They cost around $2 more than the regular stuff. Seriously whats $2 when you're talking about no ammonia in your meat? You'll lose that much money in your couch.
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Watch Super Size Me. That movie helped me to stop!