GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Why not? My wife does! Every time I go to the gym, she can't understand why anybody would willingly go. But she does enjoy the results of my time in the gym! 😁

As far as cardio under the bar, I haven't done any cardio in months, so doubt that's it. (Though I was recorded with a 50 bpm pulse at my last physical, so who knows?) An alternative theory I came up with in observing your vids, I see a notable difference in how erect we each hold ourselves. Specifically, you remain leaning forward at an angle the entire time, which pinches the diaphragm and can impact breathing. I tend to stand almost vertical.

Fun fact, when i did lots of cardio back in 2012 up to 2018 (i cycled 300-500 km a week outside and did 3 spinning classes a week) my rest heartrate was "only" between 65 and 70

Since i started weightlifting, and mostly last 2 years my rest heartrate dropped to 50-55

My resting heartrate averages between 58-62 depending on where I am in my cycle.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    So glad to see fellow men with cats. I have no lifts to contribute, but....

This was right after Christmas. This is Lando sitting in my OL's lap as we play Scrabble. Then Mr. Wade jumped on that table to help me with my word. Lando is 9 months old here, Mr. Wade is probably 12 or so. And no, I did not mean to color coordinate our pets.

k46turgz8cnd.jpg

Jeremy!! Love the matching pets! haha and you are always welcome in here - gif or none. This thread has turned into so much more than just GIFs. I love it.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    36" inseam? Even accounting for you being taller than me (I'm 5'9"), that still has your legs 4" longer than my 32" inseam. Means your legs are, proportionally, a bigger percentage of your overall height than mine are.

Then there's my mother. She's maybe 5'2", a full 7" shorter than me, barely comes up to my shoulder when standing. But when we sit, we stare eye-to-eye, because most of her height is in her torso with incredibly short legs.
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,366 Member
    edited March 5
    Options
    36" inseam? Even accounting for you being taller than me (I'm 5'9"), that still has your legs 4" longer than my 32" inseam. Means your legs are, proportionally, a bigger percentage of your overall height than mine are.

Then there's my mother. She's maybe 5'2", a full 7" shorter than me, barely comes up to my shoulder when standing. But when we sit, we stare eye-to-eye, because most of her height is in her torso with incredibly short legs.

I have 105 cm inseam (about 41" if my calculations are correct)...yep i have tall legs.
    And my wife who is a wopping 32 cm shoter than i am, is sitting eye to eye with me in the car as well. Short legs, tall torso...

It's weird how the human body works sometimes
  • nossmf
    Options
    My wife is about an inch taller than me, but it's all legs, as sitting I'm several inches taller.
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited March 5
    Options
    It's kind of cool how working to failure at 70% works such different muscles than working to failure at 85%. Last night I did deads at 70%. 4 sets of 8 reps at 70% with the last two sets AMAP.

70% of 305 is 215 (213.5). I then go onto https://strengthlevel.com/one-rep-max-calculator and enter in 215 for 8 reps to see what it calculates the 1RM as. I up the reps until it reaches (or slightly passes) my goal 1rm and I set THAT as my target for my first AMAP set. In this case 215 for 14 reps is roughly 315lbs.

Today I feel it in my calves, shins and tiny stabilizer muscles in my core. Not pain, just very mild DOMS.

Last nights workout:
    Deads - 1x10x135; 1x5x165; 1x5x195; 8,8,14,10x215
    Leg press - 3x10x549
    Leg Extension - 3x15x87.5
    Seated Leg Curl - 3x15x87.5
    Assisted pull up - 3x8x120 (assist is 80lbs)
    DB Hammer Curls - 3x12x22.5 ea

Was a great night!
    All in all, it was a great workout.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

I have 105 cm inseam (about 41" if my calculations are correct)...yep i have tall legs.
    And my wife who is a wopping 32 cm shoter than i am, is sitting eye to eye with me in the car as well. Short legs, tall torso...

WOW! That IS a crazy long inseam! It must be hard to find jeans. I've tried shopping in the men's section hoping they'd have longer inseams, but am always disappointed. I think men typically carry their height in their torsos and women in their legs. There are always outliers though. I can sometimes find 35" inseam in one store in our city, and 36" or 37" online, but the options suck. Finding pants long enough is like winning the lottery! HAHA

Thankfully men DO tend to have longer arms, so I steal your hoodies and plaid shirts!
  • nossmf
    Options
    My wife has stolen all my hoodies, sweatshirts, all but one of my sweatpants...
    Options

WOW! That IS a crazy long inseam! It must be hard to find jeans. I've tried shopping in the men's section hoping they'd have longer inseams, but am always disappointed. I think men typically carry their height in their torsos and women in their legs. There are always outliers though. I can sometimes find 35" inseam in one store in our city, and 36" or 37" online, but the options suck. Finding pants long enough is like winning the lottery! HAHA

Thankfully men DO tend to have longer arms, so I steal your hoodies and plaid shirts!

Finding jeans is hard indeed.
    I have EU lenght size 38
    Most stores only sell up to 36, which is already pretty long
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    craayo0f5jjr.gif

Remember how I said I like your leggings? These are really cool looking. What is the graphic?
    Options
    craayo0f5jjr.gif

Remember how I said I like your leggings? These are really cool looking. What is the graphic?

Looks like a Viking warrior
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited March 6
    Options
    craayo0f5jjr.gif

75ow4fxuqzg9.jpg
    Thanks J!!

They're called the Valkyrie leggings 😊
  • nossmf
    Options
    Just goes to show what I've always suspected...comic book superheroes are only super because they put on the right clothes. Wear a suit, you get mild-mannered Clark Kent; put on the cape and tights, Superman.

When @KickassAmazon76 puts on the leggings, she becomes a deadlift master! Yep, all in the clothes!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Just goes to show what I've always suspected...comic book superheroes are only super because they put on the right clothes. Wear a suit, you get mild-mannered Clark Kent; put on the cape and tights, Superman.

When @KickassAmazon76 puts on the leggings, she becomes a deadlift master! Yep, all in the clothes!

Haha you are too sweet! 😂😂😂

The tights are magic. I swear it!
    Options

Haha you are too sweet! 😂😂😂

The tights are magic. I swear it!

I wish that store would deliver to Europe as well (for a reasonable price)
    Because i really like how they look
    Would get the short versions of it then
    craayo0f5jjr.gif

75ow4fxuqzg9.jpg
    Thanks J!!

They're called the Valkyrie leggings 😊

The shop where i order my bowlingshirts from, has this exact same image on one of their shirts
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

This reminds me of a rabbit hole I went down a while back.

A few years ago I bought wonder woman underpants. I remember thinking, I am wearing superhero underpants!... but wait... superheros don't wear their own logos on their underpants. They just wear regular underpants. The underpants become superhero underpants by virtue of the person wearing them! That means, if I am a super hero, my underpants automatically become superhero underpants!

LOL

So I guess that means my tights are KickassAmazon (TM) tights! HAHAHA

Options
    Finally looks like i am hitting below parallel on my squat

I had to lower my safety bar from my normal height, because i was hitting it on my warmup sets

fua5wqgbhf1m.gif
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

I had to lower my safety bar from my normal height, because i was hitting it on my warmup sets

fua5wqgbhf1m.gif

This is so awesome, Gus!! Well done!!!
  • nossmf
    Options
    That means, if I am a super hero, my underpants automatically become superhero underpants!

You're missing one crucial element...superhero underpants are worn on the OUTSIDE of the rest of their clothing. It's only the clothes on the OUTSIDE which matter, not the inner stuff.

And for that matter, would superheroes sell off their "game-worn" underpants (appropriately washed, of course) for charity?
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options

fua5wqgbhf1m.gif

Great job Gus!