πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€***MARCH 2024 WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE***πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Options

Replies

• Wean_over_that_now
    Wean_over_that_now Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Women's International Day!
    The erg rowing commission and concept2 are sponsoring all erg users to do a 5k or more row, bike, or ski and they will donate $5.00 for people who participate up to a maximum of $15, 000.00 to support young girls & women in the sports.

Well I Started my day with an hour of shoveling, then 50 minute walk, then 2 more hours of shoveling my own and my neighbors. While I was at that I remembered it was Women's International Day! But also wondered if they would sponsor me for what I've done for the day so far without having to rowπŸ€”? But then figured I wouldn't be so luckyπŸ˜”. So dragged my sorry *kitten* to the rower and logged my row for charity. Wet clothes in the dryer waiting for me to put it on and go shoveling for another round to keep us from being buried inside. My neighbor is alone while husband's away working and she's had health problems so got to look after those around us. Hope you all are doing your contribution to support women today also! The smallest gestures count!πŸ‘
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    @Wean_over_that_now Wow you've had a busy day! Kudos to you for getting all that exercise in while also taking care of your neighbor, and supporting women/girls in sports. Bravo πŸ‘πŸ€©
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    March Start Weight: 321 lbs
    March Goal Weight: 315 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 175 lbs

March 4: 321 lbs
    March 9: 320 lbs
    March 16:
    March 23:
    March 30:
    March 31:
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Heaviest weight: 175.4 in early 2013.
    Original MFP starting weight (January 2018): 168.2
    January 1, 2024 Weight: 155.4 (10-day average 155.8)
    February 29 (Starting Weight for this challenge): 147.4 (10-day average 146.5)
    March goal: Get back to lower end of maintenance weight range
    Ultimate goal: Stay in maintenance range between (absolutely 140 - 153 and ideally 142-148)

I report scale weight and (ten day average weight), and I post on Saturdays.

February 29: 147.4 (10-day average 146.5)
    March 2: 150.4 (10-day average 146.9)
    March 9: 149.4 (10-day average 149.2)
    March 16:
    March 23:
    March 30:
    April 6:

Total loss for March: Up over two pounds this week - over 2.5 this month. Uh-oh. If I let this continue, I will slip out of maintenance. I am still down 6.5 pounds for the year.

Stick to it!
  • LillianRen
    LillianRen Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 9
    Options
    <3<3<3<3<3<3

March 2024
    Start: 169 / End Goal: 155

March 1: 168
    March 8: 165.6
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
  • Wean_over_that_now
    Options
    @takinitalloff Thanks but it got worse. Was at it again last night at 10pm. Up early and started at 8am shoveling and didn't finish until til 2 pm. Had 5 neighbors to shovel out not counting my own. Snow up past the doorways! Won't let hubby shovel because he's had a stint in and knees are shot waiting to see doctor about replacements so a I let him use plow on the bike to push things away when it can be done. I'm exhausted. Picked up a rotisserie chicken for supper and make a side dish to go with it. Too lazy for anything else. Hot bath for the sore muscles and no workouts this day. Told my husband I'll end up with abs like Rambo or Arnold zwartineiger if I have to keep shoveling snow for the block!πŸ˜…
  • Wean_over_that_now
    Options
    Just want to say: if you want to lose weight get up and work your butt off. I weighed in at 233.6 on Friday March 8. This morning, march 10, weighed 229.4lbs
  • ach2017
    ach2017 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    March Start Weight: 141
    March Goal Weight: 135
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 130

March 1: 141
    March 8: 140.8
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    March 31:
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Just want to say: if you want to lose weight get up and work your butt off. I weighed in at 233.6 on Friday March 8. This morning, march 10, weighed 229.4lbs

If you want to lose weight, just make sure that you are in a calorie deficit - eat less than you expend. You can expend some more calories through exercise, but the REAL weight loss happens in the kitchen, not the gym. I can burn 1000 calories on an eight to ten mile hike if there's some good elevation gain. I can eat those back pretty easily though, and exercise can make me hungrier sometimes.

Most of the calories you use on a daily basis are to power your brain and next the rest of your organs. Your Basic Metabolic Rate (BMR) is what you'd burn if you never got out of bed. Being active for sure burns more, but just getting up and doing lots of activity does not guarantee weight (fat) loss.

Also, one-day scale weight can fluctuate WILDLY. I have gained over five pounds in one day, and I've lost over three in one day. I've done this multiple times. Neither weight change nor weight stability is linear. It's up and down. I find better results if I weigh daily, ignore that number, and log my weight in a spreadsheet that smooths out the fluctuations by giving me an average. The day-to-day numbers look like a sine wave; the average is much smoother.
  • Wean_over_that_now
    Options
    @mtaratoot I totally agree and understand everything you saidπŸ‘. I just made the comment to show what 2 hard filled days of shoveling massive amounts of snow can do to your body! It's not a sustainable exercise because today I'm exhausted and barely managing to tidy the house and do laundry. It's recovery day!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,859 Member
    Options
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 63 years old and I live in the Midwest of the US. I am 5’ 5” tall. My highest weight was 253 in 2016. My MFP start weight was 235 in 2018.

Ultimate Goal Weight: 145-155 (I’ll know it when I get there!)
    Start Weight (from Feb 29, 2024 ): 177.0
    Goal Weight: 173.0 (4 pound loss)

End of Challenge Final Weight: xxxxx
    Weight Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

03/01-DNW-(Trend Weight: DNW)-

03/03-178.2-(Trend Weight: 179.2)- I’m not sure why the uptick from my Feb 29th weight since I had very good days but I’m not surprised after such a big whoosh the day before. Likely my body is readjusting and settling in to a new comfortable place. I’ve just got to trust the process and keep my eye on the ball. For me that would be getting under 174.2. When I do that, it will be my lowest weight in 17 years. After that, my next mini goal would be to enter into the 160’s. But, hey, one thing at a time, right? Let’s CRUSH this month and show March who’s boss!

03/10-178.8-(Trend Weight: 178.9)- It’s been a rough week food-wise. It started off okay as you can see by my trend weight, but these last couple of days have been filled with restaurants or special out-of-the-ordinary days on my schedule. I’ve got to get my routine jump started again. Tomorrow is another travel day but I hope that starting on Tuesday things can level out. Have a great week everyone!

03/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-
    03/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-
    03/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150's
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    @mtaratoot I totally agree and understand everything you saidπŸ‘. I just made the comment to show what 2 hard filled days of shoveling massive amounts of snow can do to your body! It's not a sustainable exercise because today I'm exhausted and barely managing to tidy the house and do laundry. It's recovery day!

The real test will be to see what the scale says over the next several days. As much work as you did, and if you weren't used to it, you may have decreased your glycogen stores. Every gram of glycogen contains four grams of water. It's possible the drop is water weight, not fat. What matters to most of us when we see the number on the scale is that we're losing (or not gaining) fat.

Let us know how it goes weighing daily after the next three to six days.
  • Wean_over_that_now
    Options
    @mtaratoo. I will certainly do that and see what happens. But in the meantime I exercise quite vigorously 5-6 days a week so not sure about it all being water loss. I see the scale every morning but I really go by my clothing and my measurements as I'm gaining muscle from rowing, walking and weights and toning as I'm doing all this. So numbers from my scale look different to me then to you or others who see them when I post them weekly