March 8: 140.8
    March 15:140.8lbs
    March 22:
    March 29:
    March 31:
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Because you change the foods by the amount of proteins, carbs and fats in percentage and your exercises would be from just cardio to weight training which burns in your body differently or some other activity. Also just changing your same routine alone can give your mind and body a shift in how it reacts so it will respond differently then normal. Think outside the box for once, maybe you might learn something also. I've been open and trying different things to see how my body and mind responds to it, whether good or bad maybe you should as well or others. Never know what you may learn about yourself or what you didn't know before. Open minds lend to endless possibilities πŸ˜‰

I used to love line dancing for exercise--still do. But I lost more weight doing aerobics or just spending that time with easy yoga stretches and meditation. Would make myself change it up occasionally, but always went back to line dancing for the long run.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,323 Member
    Options
    Because you change the foods by the amount of proteins, carbs and fats in percentage and your exercises would be from just cardio to weight training which burns in your body differently or some other activity. Also just changing your same routine alone can give your mind and body a shift in how it reacts so it will respond differently then normal. Think outside the box for once, maybe you might learn something also. I've been open and trying different things to see how my body and mind responds to it, whether good or bad maybe you should as well or others. Never know what you may learn about yourself or what you didn't know before. Open minds lend to endless possibilities πŸ˜‰

Um... No.

I have an open mind, but I also believe in the laws of physics.
  • Wean_over_that_now
    Wean_over_that_now Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @Corina1143 I know how you feel. I love music and dancing but never do it anymore. I purchased a mat the other day so I can start working out to videos on YouTube. Switch it up to target strengthening my lower belly and toning it as I'm losing weight as well as some dancing workouts and stuff. May try kickboxing as well. It's suppose to be one of the best for overall body toning. I love walking, I enjoy my rower and doing weight training but want to keep spicing up my workouts. If I'm not enjoying my exercises and it's more like a chore then I'll be stressed about doing it, and that leads to low metabolism. So want to keep happy endorphins flowing! Also I was eating when I got up in the mornings before my workouts but felt less energetic, so changed it. I do my workout first and then eat. I feel I have more stamina and move faster to, which makes me burn more quickly. I don't usually eat then until just before noon but find it works better for me then eating first and then working out. Everybody's metabolism works differently so just got to try different things until you find out what works for your body type. It's a neverending educational journey trying to figure out your body, how it works and what it likes. I have graves disease. Was overactive thyroid then had radioactive iodine treatment to bring me under at 25 yrs old. So I have an autoimmune disorder. I'm always constantly fighting my own body, trying to trick it in different ways to boost my metabolism. I feel like I'm constantly in a game of chess with myself. It's honestly exhausting, but challenging. Thank goodness I inherited my mother's stubbornness, or I would have given up on myself years ago! To all those who never give up, cheers!
  • Wean_over_that_now
    Options
    By the way. I normally wouldn't be on here this hour but working night shift. I do homecare with developmentally delayed woman. I hate that term because she is just as smart as we are, just can't express herself the same. She's such a sweetheart and joy to be around❀️. Wish all humans were as loving as she is. She melts all of her workers hearts. We adore her and she makes us so grateful for what we do have instead of focusing on what we don't. Everyone has a purposeπŸ₯°
  • Wean_over_that_now
    Options
    I also want to give a shout-out to @deepwoodslady and @takinitalloff. I've watched both of you be so inviting, engaging, and inspiring to newcomers since I've come on this app. Whether it's days when your weigh ins are stagnant or you have great weight losses, you both have been so kind and uplifting to us newcomers! Thank you for your kindness,. It is inspiring me to be and show the same courtesy to others also, and I'm normally antisocial and keep to myself. So thank you both😊
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Wean_over_that_now 😊 but I never would have guessed to to be antisocial πŸ˜‰ I’ve enjoyed seeing your upbeat and supportive comments, too.
  • Wean_over_that_now
    Options
    I work and go home. Do my own thing and stay to myself. I don't deal with social media accounts, I spent my time in my backyard so people rarely see me. Now that I've been out walking people are seeing me but I walk outside the community. There are people who have thought I've been living away for years because they haven't seen me! Lol. I live in an area of 2 communities with less then 5000 people and I still don't know who most are. So have never been social. I don't like gossip and negative people, which you get a lot where I am so stay away from it for my own mental health. Have always been this way, but choose who I want to associate myself with and am careful of not spending to much time around others as it sours the friendship. I have 2 true friends who are there if needed. My father told me you will never fill one hand with true friends. He was right. The two I have live busy lives and we talk once every couple months, if lucky, sometimes months apart. But are there when truly needed, no matter what. I'm very grateful for that😊
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,939 Member
    Options
    I also want to give a shout-out to @deepwoodslady and @takinitalloff. I've watched both of you be so inviting, engaging, and inspiring to newcomers since I've come on this app. Whether it's days when your weigh ins are stagnant or you have great weight losses, you both have been so kind and uplifting to us newcomers! Thank you for your kindness,. It is inspiring me to be and show the same courtesy to others also, and I'm normally antisocial and keep to myself. So thank you both😊

@Wean_over_that_now Thanks so much for the compliment and the kind words. I too have enjoyed your posts. Like you, I can be a bit of an introvert. A little shy. A little to myself. I have enjoyed the people I've "met" on MFP and the community that is here for support and online friendship. It is helping me break out of my shell a bit. It's always nice to add someone new to the circle. I think maybe I'm coming around too, a bit.
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 63 years old and I live in the Midwest of the US. I am 5’ 5” tall. My highest weight was 253 in 2016. My MFP start weight was 235 in 2018.

Ultimate Goal Weight: 145-155 (I’ll know it when I get there!)
    Start Weight (from Feb 29, 2024 ): 177.0
    Goal Weight: 173.0 (4 pound loss)

End of Challenge Final Weight: xxxxx
    Weight Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

03/01-DNW-(Trend Weight: DNW)-

03/03-178.2-(Trend Weight: 179.2)-

03/10-178.8-(Trend Weight: 178.9)- It’s been a rough week food-wise. It started off okay as you can see by my trend weight, but these last couple of days have been filled with restaurants or special out-of-the-ordinary days on my schedule. I’ve got to get my routine jump started again. Tomorrow is another travel day but I hope that starting on Tuesday things can level out. Have a great week everyone!

03/17-181.2-(Trend Weight: 180.4)- This has been a horrible week. Pretty much no exercise due to how busy this multi-space renovation is keeping me. My diet has been pretty good for meals, but my snacks have been a bit too much or the wrong kind. I’m guilty of the grab-and-go mentality when it comes to the snacks when I get busy. I’ve got to stay focused. I also think my mealtimes have changed and my dinner has been too early which leaves me hungry for longer at night. I’ll try to tweak it all this week and see what happens. Have a great Sunday everyone!

03/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

03/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150's
  • javaplace
    javaplace Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    March Start Weight: 162.6 02/29
    March Goal Weight: 159
    Goal Weight: 155
    Ultimate Goal weight 147

March 01: 162.6
    March 11: 162.0
    March 15: 162.4
    March 19: 164.0
    March 22:
    March 29:
    March 31:

Sticking with my calories and no stress grazing.
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    I'm late to the game, but I need some motivation and accountability, and this might just be the place :)

Mid-March Start Weight: 177.4
    March Goal Weight: 173
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 145

March 1: no weigh
    March 8: no weigh
    March 15: 177.4 lbs.
    March 22:
    March 29:
    March 31:

@Tbirdgal_Stef Thanks so much for joining us. It's great to have you here! Lets finish March STRONG!
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 615 Member
    edited March 20
    Options
    Current Weight: 351.4
    March Goal Weight: Maybe 5lbs (I showed up late to the party.πŸ˜†)
    Ultimate Weight Loss Goal: It's hard to say. I used to be stricter but over the years that has changed when I realized just how hard it is to lose weight and then maintain it. The short-term goal is to get back to 300/285 lbs. The long-term goal is to get down to somewhere between 260 and 220 lbs.

March 22:
    March 29:
    March 31:
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,323 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @enlightenme3 !
    I'm Chris - 74 year old female...5'5" ...I used to be 5'7" but arthritis hit and I lost two inches, so now that two inches is squished around my waist like the billows of a big accordion...
    ...Oh, well. I'll just keep working on it.
    Heaviest: 192.2
    Round GW: 148.0
    UGW: 145.0
    March 01: 149.9 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then 60 min workout w/trainer then new bed delivered!!!
    March 04: 149.8 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson sick ... 60 min workout w/trainer
    March 11: 150.0 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then 60 min workout w/trainer...caught Grandson's cold :s
    March 18: 150.7 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then 60 min workout w/trainer
    March 25:
    March 31:
    Good luck everyone!
    Chris