Women 200lb+, Let’s Mix It Up This March!!!

Options

Replies

• CeCeFlyy
    CeCeFlyy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The fun part about IF (& being an adult) is I can have an affogato for “breakfast” because it’s too late for a full cup off coffee and too early for desert. But somehow combining the 2 makes it okay at 2PM LOL
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

182.6 today, but it's soreness from yesterday, not as though I ate more than 3500 calories over maintenance yesterday.

I did go over my planned calories, though. I went to the gym, and I experienced that "battery low" feeling of not enough food, not enough fuel in the tank, after two of my three classes. So I left before the third, went home and ate lunch, felt better, cleaned, prepped dinner, and made "slutty brownies": brownie layer, oreo layer, cookie dough layer. I did have one brownie, and that put me up over maintenance by about 100 cal, so not too bad. I did have my planned cheeseburger platter dinner, which was amazing.

Moral of the story: if I want to do three classes at the gym, I need to have more for breakfast than one piece of pizza and a couple chicken wings, lol.

Today! Gotta clean, a lot. It's my rest day for exercise, which is good, because I need it, after yesterday. I really wore myself out after that first class, choosing the heaviest weights for myself, and then the second class was a lot of hauling myself up on the pole using my arms.

Happy return to normal daylight hours to all who celebrate, and it's the new moon today, so I'm going to get a haircut and take Kiddo to do the same.

Food plan today: my sweet with coffee this morning was a sliver of brownie, egg white sandwich for breakfast with cherry-berry fruit blend, dinner will be roasted chicken leg quarter with sweet potato and mixed veg, and lunch will be whatever fits when I get hungry. I probably need to plan for having another brownie after dinner, as I almost guaranteed will have one.

This week is going to be crazy, I'm going to be out of the house every night this week, so I need to make sure I get the house really, really clean, so I don't have to worry about that as much.

@ceceflyy ugh, LOVE an affogato! I should go to the coffee shop and get one, one of these days. I wonder if they'd give one to me before noon, because I don't do coffee after 12pm, lol.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    I'm Charissa
    63 years young
    [Stats & Goals]
    Starting Weight: 223.6 January / 0
    Starting Weight: 215.0 February / 8.6
    Starting Weight: 215.4 March / 8.2

Goals for 2024 > Trend downwards. My ultimate goal weight is between 140 - 150. While I'd like to lose about 5lbs a month, I'm focusing instead on actions that could/should result in that loss.
    - Exercise - 6x a week (changing plan for March)
    - Water - working towards 80 to 100 ounces daily
    - Better Nutrition *Work in Process
    - Less Alcohol * Work in process. Much drier March..targeting January's success.
    - Get back to 10,000 steps a day (minimum) ~ weather is getting nicer so much more "doable"
    My Mantra:

🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!
    Eat well 🥗to Live Well 🚢✈️🧳

3/2 214.8
    3/9 217.8
    3/16
    3/23
    3/30

Too many outings and social events this week.

@CupcakeCrusoe ~ That cheeseburger platter looks awesome and what a creative way to still have the taste without the bun!

@CeCeFlyy ~ I had never heard of affogato....looks like something I NEED to try :)

• girlinkaz744
    girlinkaz744 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    33 years old
    5’6”
    Starting weight: 222 (Feb, 2021)
    Lowest weight: 154 (Sep, 2021)
    Re-starting weight: 195 (Feb, 2023)
    Goal weight: 168

March 4: 182.4
    March 11: 181.2
    March 18:
    March 25:

Down just over a pound this week! I’ll take it. Last time I lost weight, I consistently lost 2 pounds a week - which meant I gained it back SO fast once I started adding a few things back in. I’m trying to stick closer to a pound a week this time around, hoping that that will mean that it will stay off for the long term! I got really good at maintenance around 187 - I stayed there for about six months due to moves, etc. I’m hoping I can figure out what I need to eat to stay in the 160’s once I get there.

I’m trying to do more consistent exercise the past few weeks - weighted interval training at home is my favorite, and I’ve been working up from 2x/week to 4x/week. Also, I’m trying to add in quick 10 minute workouts in the evenings if I’m watching tv. Hopefully I’m building muscle as well as losing fat!

I made a really good cauliflower fried “rice” with chicken last night.. I don’t know why I never thought of doing that before, but it’s delicious! My husband says he can’t taste the difference, so that’s a win! Anytime I don’t have to cook two dinners is a success in my book.

@CupcakeCrusoe Woah, three gym classes is a lot! Definitely good you ate a little more that day. Take care of yourself! I want to try that cheeseburger platter this week, that sounds delicious!

@CeCeFlyy I have never been able to make IF work for me but the affogato idea alllllmost makes me want to try again 😉😉
  • kristinwoods919
    kristinwoods919 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am glad I have you ladies and a few friends to be supportive. I was really good this weekend. Hopefully shows on Friday.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

183 today, but it's bloating and muscle soreness again, so I'm not concerned (yet). I stayed very close to target calories yesterday, even despite brownies in the house.

Back at work, with my prepped food, logged, and brought the slutty brownies in to work so I can get them out of my house :wink:. Tonight at the gym is poles 1, which is an easier poles, and twisted transitions, transitions on the pole.

I slept like absolute garbage last night, so hopefully by the time I get home from the gym tonight and shower, I go right to sleep.

Tag party:
    @itladyee love a gathering, haha. You're still here, which is a win in and of itself.

@girlinkaz744 heck yeah cauliflower fried rice! My family can and does tell, haha, so I always have to make two different batches, separating some off before adding real rice to most, and just adding cauli to mine.

@kristinwoods919 love to hear that you stayed strong on a weekend! Weekends are the hardest for me.

• CeCeFlyy
    CeCeFlyy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Weekly Check In • 3/11

SW: 237
    LW: 234.4
    CW: 236
    GW: 165

One thing I want to improve from last week:

Still working on tightening my IF hours, but I’m slowly but surely getting back!

One thing I enjoyed from last week:

Workouts for sure. Added pilates into my routine to start toning up, since I primarily do cardio. Tuesday & Sunday will be pilates days and we’ll see how I feel.

NSV:

🦋 Water is getting easier to drink
    🦋 I’m getting a little bit more regular

Today’s weigh in was high but I expected that because I had Chinese takeout last night and all the salt was bound to make me bloated. I weighed in at 234 yesterday morning. I’m sure after a few glasses of water… I’ll be back down.
  • anmlmzdiet
    anmlmzdiet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Michelle
    5"2"

SW: 325
    CW: 295
    UGW: 140
    March GW: 290

March Goals:

-Reduce Liquid Sugar Intake by Half
    -Avoid All Binging
    -Avoid Exceeding Calorie Intake by More Than 300 Calories
    -Increase Protein Intake by Including a Protein Shake at Least 5X per Week

I'm not new to MFP, but I only recently hit the forums. I'm looking for a place or two to hang my hat and get to know some other people. I'm currently in a group called "Lose 1 pound per month..." which I enjoy. That group is a little more technical, so I'm looking for something a little more social to add to it. This group seems like it might be a good fit.

I don't mind posting weekly, but daily is too much for me. I can't handle getting on a scale more than once a week. I hope that's OK. I see people on here posting more often than once a week, am I wrong?

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I had 2 donuts for lunch. Logged and accounted for.

I got donuts for my 3rd block students. Such a great group. And so I get some too. And I know they will not throw me off b/c I have almost 700 calories still left for the day. I eat lots of veggies for dinner and I have an orange for a snack today. So it's fun, knowing it will be ok. And yeah, nutritionally, not so great. But once in a blue moon . . .

Have a great day.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

182.6 today, backing off the high weight, and shark week, which makes sense, considering. Might as well get it out of the way now, before my trip!

Last night at the gym was great- I didn't want to go, but I'm so glad I did go. My favorite instructor ran both classes, and she was very supportive and fun.

Tonight! Rest day for exercise, I've got a committee meeting to go to tonight. I ate a whole bag of popchips for breakfast, haha, but I've got a plan to offset for dinner- mostly vegetables, that's the secret.

Tag party:
    @CeCeFlyy oooh, I've always wanted to try pilates. Looks like a great workout.

@anmlmzdiet of course, I only post every day because it helps me stick to my guns, haha, you can post as often or as little as you like! Welcome! I'm interested in the highly technical 1 lb a month group- do they post calorie counts, or something?

@mkculs13 as you can see up there ^ I sometimes make the same choices, haha. This week, it was a bag of chips, last week it was a small pot of protein nut butter (delicious!), I don't sweat it. :lol:

• anmlmzdiet
    edited March 12
    Options

@anmlmzdiet of course, I only post every day because it helps me stick to my guns, haha, you can post as often or as little as you like! Welcome! I'm interested in the highly technical 1 lb a month group- do they post calorie counts, or something?

Well, the 1 lb a week group (sorry if I misspoke) does post weekly, but they have everything on spreadsheets, even their challenges. So you just go into the spreadsheet and fill out your name and information. It's really easy. It's also easy to look back at. At first I wasn't sure and it was confusing to me, but I got over it and it is rather simple. They don't post calorie counts, but they do post weigh-ins. They also have a number of ongoing challenges at any one time.
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    edited March 12
    Options
    I really want to weigh myself before the end of the month, but I know that's a slippery slope because then I'll be weighing myself every day, or multiple times a day, and that's not great for my mental health.

I was doing really well with exercise until Friday. I hurt the back of my bad knee (which usually only hurts in the front) and I've been on an ice pack for about 3 days now. So I'm not swimming and I'm going to miss my dance class tomorrow, which sucks, because it's super fun.

But overall, I'm still eating well and I think I'll keep my appointment at the gym on Friday for an arm workout and just take it slowly.
  • mkculs13
    Options

So you just go into the spreadsheet and fill out your name and challenges .

Where do we find this spreadsheet?
  • anmlmzdiet
    Options
    mkculs13 wrote: »

This is for the group named "Lose 1+lbs Per Week" you are welcome to ask to join. They're a super cool group. Just don't leave this group as they serve different kinds of purposes.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

182.8 today, it's fine, everything's fine. Shark week sharkin'.

Tonight at the gym I'm taking a couple of new classes, one on an exercise ball, and another with pilates rings.

I finished my meal prep and ordered my groceries for next week, trying out a new meal plan, we'll see how it goes: https://www.eatingwell.com/article/8057122/7-day-no-sugar-anti-inflammatory-meal-plan-for-high-blood-pressure/ I don't like smoothies for breakfast, so I'm just subbing in the mushroom spinach egg bake for all the breakfasts.

I'm getting so hype about my trip to japan! Only a couple more weeks!

Tag party time:
    @anmlmzdiet I'm part of a challenge group eaparate than this, too, the Fat 2 Fit Weight Loss Challenge group, similar thing- we all report our weekly weigh ins, and our team loss compares with other teams' losses for that week, and we see which team "wins" that week, haha. I'm on team WaistAways, lol.

@RavenStCloud taking care of injuries is an important part of regular exercise, so I'm glad to hear you're doing that. I'm sure you'll rock your arm workout Friday!

• mkculs13
    Options
    anmlmzdiet wrote: »
    mkculs13 wrote: »

This is for the group named "Lose 1+lbs Per Week" you are welcome to ask to join. They're a super cool group. Just don't leave this group as they serve different kinds of purposes.

Can someone help me find that group or challenge, maybe provide a link? Thanks in advance.
  • skintight303
    skintight303 Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 13
    Options
    Hello Y'all!

@mkculs1, @anmlmzdiet & @sharon81

I believe it is the below group. I started flirting a few weeks ago :wink:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129605-lose-1-pound-a-week-and-keep-it-off-2024
  • sharon81
    sharon81 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sharon
    42 years old
    5'5"
    SW (10/22) 230lbs
    Jan 1 Starting weight: 193.0 lbs
    Mar1 Starting weight: 180.2 lbs
    CW 2/29: 181.6 lbs
    GW 155
    LW 180.2
    Weigh in day is Thursday.
    Total loss to date for 2024 12.8 lbs
    April 4th goal: 175.2 lbs

March 7: 182.0
    March 14: 181.6
    March 21:
    March 28:
    April 4:

Hopefully this minor loss is the beginning to falling off of this super long plateau of sorts. I can't seem to get out of the low 180s... I even saw 186 on Monday morning. It's like I am so close to the 170s a new milestone and I just can't reach it! It's been super discouraging to only see numbers rise and the fall to just above my lowest.... I haven't even seen 180. anything since March 1st.
    In other news, I have added more movement as I have been wanting to for months now. I get anywhere from 1-3 videos in a week and last night I increased my time from 15-25 minutes.... and guess what? It was manageable. My age+being out of shape for all of my life is catching up to me tho... Even though I do a cool down and stretch, I am sooooo stiff afterwards, like once I finally sit down even for 20 minutes, getting back up, I am looking like an old lady.
    Major plus: Hubby keeps saying something about me being "Skinny" I am in no way even close to "Skinny" but.... it's nice to know he's noticing.... because I have such a hard time seeing a difference, especially from the day to day...
    I am so happy to read all of your successes and to see many newcomers! Welcome to you all.
  • skintight303
    skintight303 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mejken
    Thursday Weigh-In
    42 years old
    5'9"
    Re-Starting Weight (10/23) 208lbs
    March SW:181.3
    March GW: 175
    UGW 160 and I'll reassess.

March Goals (aka non-negotiables)

* Log my calories EVERYDAY (good, great and most importantly, UGLY)
    * CHECK

* Climb to the 25th floor at work 3 times daily
    * CHECK

* 10K steps/day
    * CHECK

3/1: 181.3ish--Spent a long weekend in Montana, no internet, no scales, no CARES :)
    3/7: 180.1
    3/14: 178.2
    3/21:
    3/28:
    3/31:

A pretty good week overall. I have been diligent with meal planning. I will say, I am having a lot more cravings as of late. I want a treat or a glass of wine. It is hard because I can't really make that work without more activity and that is happening more rarely at the moment.

Did I mention I HATE time changes? I am out of sorts and tired and my kiddos are all emotions. Hopefully this regulates over the next few days.

Good work everyone! I am proud of us all for continuing to show up, even when we are going through rough patches!