Women 200lb+, Let’s Mix It Up This March!!!

Options
🍀Happy March, ladies!🍀

🍀The weather's changing and so are we! What do you hope to accomplish in this new season? And what recent changes have you made that are working well for you?

🍀What things have you been doing that increase your confidence or make you feel proud? Please share the things that make you feel the capable and self-assured.

💚 If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM! you're one of us.

💚 In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

💚 All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you!

💚 Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

🍀Let's mix it up and make this our most meaningful March yet!🍀

Replies

• sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Age 47
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249 3/2020
    CW 231.9
    GW for March 225
    UGW 145

3/01: 231.9
    3/8:
    3/15:
    3/22:
    3/29:
    Total month loss:

Weekly goals:
    -At least 2 day at gym - 1 cardio, 1 strength
    -64 oz of water each day

I fell off in February. Not exactly sure where it just went wrong really. Weight just crept back up. Maybe started with high sodium somewhere as the masking. Mom has some massive bad carbs around but I don't go overboard. Bad about water though. Overloaded at work so didn't get to the gym the last few weeks.

I had a massive blood sugar spike a few weeks ago so I thought for certain I'd have a bad A1C yesterday for my primary visit. My parents rather dismissed it being bad but it felt horrible. I don't want to feel like that again. DH and a good friend had the proper concerned response though. Should that ever occur again I need to have them check in with me to ensure it came down. I thought I should have warned them during but I hadn't. Doctor wasn't concerned in any way.

Dr visit yesterday I thought for sure I'd get a med based on my glucose testing in the morning for months after the last visit was still high. It ended up being great. Quite shocked by that. No med for me.

Was looking into a few meal planning apps. One I tried and didn't care for the layout and what they offered. Had started on my cookbooks as well along with finding another website for recipes to try.
  • Dia_R
    Dia_R Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I’m Kristin. 41 years old.
    I gained weight back cause I quit logging.
    I need to log the good the bad and the ugly.i will loose 10 pounds this month! I will lean on this group multiple times a week. I do not need fast food, or pop. I need to get workouts in 5 times a week. Let’s get ready for spring!
    March1- 229.4

Hi Kristen! Great to meet you. 10 pounds is an ambitious goal, but with hard work you can get there. I would be thrilled to be down another seven or eight this month. Please feel free to add me to your friends, and I will encourage you.
  • mkey1220
    mkey1220 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out with MFP with a focus on Macros. I had surgery in February so am restricted to walking this month. My goal is to maintain weight (I’d take a loss) as a realistic goal through nutrition focus.

SW: 256.4
    GW:185 (I am 5ft 9 inches)
    March GW finish 250-256.4 and ease back to exercise.
    Goal is 120 ounces of water a day
    Track honestly every day by writing before biting. My body will inform the world
    Of my food choices so if I eat a 1600 cal carb filled meal I will track it and move on.

Looking forward to learning from the community!
  • carley_marie83
    carley_marie83 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My first weigh in for March.

Starting weight: 95.4 kilos (209.6lbs)
    Current weight: 94.6 kilos (208.1lbs)
    Change: - .800 grams (1.76lbs)
    Total lost: 4.7 kilos (10.3lbs)
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Saturday weigh in day!
    Christina
    35 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW (Feb 2022): 200.4
    UGW: 150
    2024 goal weight: 165
    SW 2024: 182.7

🍀 March Goals!🍀
    🍀 March GW: 180

💚March SW: 184.8
    3/2: 182.5 (-2.3)

💚Stick to weight loss calories 7! days! a week! until Japan trip ✅
    💚Log everything in grams until Japan trip ✅
    💚Do not deviate from the workout plan! Except maybe the Japan trip ✅
    💚Check in with this thread every. day. until the Japan trip ✅

It's been one day, but so far so good :lol:

Today! I would normally go to the gym, but my mom and a couple of friends want to go to a quilt show, so I'm doing that instead. I'll do splits training and, if I put my pole back up, some pole conditioning, when I get back. It's so nice to have the option to do pole conditioning at home.

By poplar (kids) demand, we're having buffalo wings (baked) and quesadillas (I'm having my low calorie tortilla kind) for dinner. This morning's breakfast will be an egg white sandwich with low calorie bread and laughing cow, and some defrosted cherry-berry mix. I'm not sure what lunch will be, since I'll be out, but I have prelogged the plan I just made, and I've got half of my calories available, which should be plenty for some options.

Tag party time!

@itladyee the weather is getting nicer, and I'm so excited about it. I know you'll kill your step goal this month, and all your other ones. :smiley:

@sarah12277 that blood sugar spike sounds scary, but you also sound ready and willing to make changes to ensure it doesn't happen again. Finding a good meal planning strategy is so hard! Mine has changed so many times, haha. These days, I do my grocery shopping through aldi online to pick up, so I'm just looking at recipes, filling in my little colorful word document, as I order the groceries. A lot of moving parts, but I have a repertoire of low-calorie high-protein meals now in my head that I just adjust those as I go.

@kristinwoods919 absolutely! I'm here to support, here are my pom poms,🎆🎆 yes I know they're fireworks, shhhh haha (these are for everyone!). One thing I do when I really want to get fast food, is I run into a grocery store and pick up a whole rotisserie chicken. Just as inexpensive and ready to eat, and jam-packed full of protein. And! I get full before I eat all of it, which is a thing I can never say for any fast food, ever. :lol:

@Dia_R hi! Welcome to the March thread!

@MzNelson24 hi and welcome! I know you can make positive changes in your life, and we're all here to support you. I am not on MFP except in the forums, so I wouldn't make a good MFP friend, haha. But I look forward to supporting you if you keep posting here! You can do it! :smiley:

@mkey1220 heck yeah another queen focused on her macros! I do both, but I do see such a huge difference when I prioritize protein. I'm way less hungry for the same calories. Welcome!

@carley_marie83 a loss is a loss! Weight loss isn't a sprint it's a marathon! Permanent change to habits happens slowly! You've got this. 💪

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

• Dia_R
    edited March 2
    Options
    I’m 55, 5’5”
    SW: 283
    Re-SW (January 2024): 276
    2024 goal weight: under 250

💚March SW: 271

🍀 March Goals!🍀
    🍀 March GW: 263

💚Log daily, all month ✅
    💚get intentional movement 3X/week✅
    💚increase my daily/weekly steps from February ✅.

Update: The first day on vyvanse of course tells very little, with the placebo effect. But I drank a lot more water yesterday, and had zero impulse to overeat. It was easy to stay within my goal calories without cravings. So if that’s from the medication, I’ll count the W, placebo or not. I don’t expect a pill to make me lose weight. But I know my own good decisions will accomplish that!

I’m trying to learn the format here. Hope this works!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/1011122699/MzNelson24 I’m pleased to meet you! Sounds like you have excellent reasons for your work here, and I’m betting on your success. Feel free to add me as a friend/encourager.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/33226096/CupcakeCrusoe I followed your format 😊. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

• Dia_R
    Options
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    Greetings. I'm currently at 207, but have been stalled for a while. I was 180 in 2020, up to 2010 this winter…

Anyway, my calories are set to 1650 for 1 lb/week loss.

two thoughts occur to me. Are you drinking enough water during the school day? If you are coming home dehydrated, your body might misread that as being hungrier. Also, my doctor suggested that if I wanted to lose, I should set my calories no higher than 1500 cal per day. Maybe bumping yours a little lower would shake things up?
  • mmatcha_latte
    mmatcha_latte Posts: 117 Member
    edited March 2
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Melissa, 38 years old, 5'8" tall, and I started my weight loss on Nov 1 2023. I weighed 263 lbs then, which is exactly 100 lbs overweight for my height, and in 4 months I've lost 39 lbs. I have a lot of mental health struggles but I'm just working at getting healthier both physically and mentally just one day at a time.
    🍀The weather's changing and so are we! What do you hope to accomplish in this new season? And what recent changes have you made that are working well for you?
    I really want to start walking more for exercise! I feel like I've posted this in every month but with the weather warming up and the sun coming out more in the past week it feels a lot more attainable now. I even spent Christmas money on new walking shoes, so it's been a goal for a while. I love walking outside so I'm really looking forward to spring! As for recent changes, I've just been keeping up with trying lots of new recipes and everything has been great. I'm trying to work in more and more vegetables and fruits, too.
    🍀What things have you been doing that increase your confidence or make you feel proud? Please share the things that make you feel the capable and self-assured.
    I've gotten into painting my nails as a fun way to express myself and build confidence and it's been great! I think feeling self-assured can be very challenging so I'm hoping to get more ideas about small things I can do to boost myself.

My goal for March is to lose 5 lbs, work in more stretching and exercise, and cook more healthy homemade meals. I'm trying to learn more vegetarian recipes too! I'm also trying to slowly improve my protein and fiber intake.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Dia_R wrote: »
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    Greetings. I'm currently at 207, but have been stalled for a while. I was 180 in 2020, up to 2010 this winter…

Anyway, my calories are set to 1650 for 1 lb/week loss.

two thoughts occur to me. Are you drinking enough water during the school day? If you are coming home dehydrated, your body might misread that as being hungrier. Also, my doctor suggested that if I wanted to lose, I should set my calories no higher than 1500 cal per day. Maybe bumping yours a little lower would shake things up?

Thanks. I drink a ton of water, so it's not that. But yeah, maybe cutting down on cals--although I'm already feeling hungry so I do worry about that part.

I appreciate the feedback.
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new on this board, not new to MFP. Just getting back on the boards. Looking forward to getting to know all of you. Have a great day today!
    Michelle
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Too much pizza tonight, checking in before bed. Tags tomorrow!
  • girlinkaz744
    girlinkaz744 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    33 years old
    5’6”
    Starting weight: 222 (Feb, 2021)
    Lowest weight: 154 (Sep, 2021)
    Re-starting weight: 195 (Feb, 2023)
    Goal weight: 168

Feb 25: 183.5
    March 4: 182.4

I was at a work conference for most of last week where I couldn’t weigh my food - so I’m thrilled to still have a loss this week! I was HUNGRY because I couldn’t get enough vegetables (usually a great filler) due to the amount of people at the conference and not wanting to take more than my fair share. But, I had packed a good amount of protein bars and sugar free snacks, so I ended up being ok and not going overboard. Hooray!

Goals this week:
    - log and weigh all my food
    - Work out with weights 3x/week
    - Stay with allotment for carbs

I feel like the worst is behind me in terms of logging - the first week is usually super painful for me between “hunger” (read: missing sugar) and feeling like it’s such a hassle to weigh everything, etc. But this is week 3 and I’m feeling good and motivated. I’d like to hit my goal weight by summer (which would be a loss of about 5lbs/month) but we’ll see.

Sending love to you all!
  • Dia_R
    Options
    dp2rl03qdren.jpeg

Excited to see fairly steady progress
  • CeCeFlyy
    CeCeFlyy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    🦋Monthly Check In • 3/4🦋

SW: 237
    LW: 234.8
    CW: 234.4
    GW: 165

February was ROUGH for ya gurl!!

But, I’m pushing through giving myself a clean slate for the new month.

One thing I want to improve from last month:

I ate out a lot last month, so I want to incorporate some form of meal prep in my routine. There’s usually 1-2 days I’m out of the house for Dinner, so having 2-3 meals and a couple snacks prepped should cut out the door dash shenanigans.

One thing I enjoyed from last month:

I slept a lot, and as much as I want that to be a bad thing; This is the first month I’ve felt rested and not like I’ve been hit like a brick when I wake up.

February Goals:

✖️64oz of water a day
    ✔️ 7-8 Hours of sleep a night
    ✖️ 225 on the scale

March Goals:

🦋 Stick to IF hours
    🦋 15 Workouts for the month
    🦋 229 on the scale

Fun fact: Butterflies are my favorite animal!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Staying in the 182s, so my average weight is decreasing still. Back on the wagon for today, I'm at work, I have my prepped food, I have a plan for dinner, a little sweet treat after, and I'm going to the gym tonight. We're looking good for today.

What happened yesterday: I forgot we had to go to a birthday party until literally an hour before, lol. After I'd eaten more food than I would have if I were planning to go. But it's fine. One day is not going to do any damage.

It's going to be a struggle today, Babby woke up a lot last night, so I feel like I've been hit by a bus, lol, but I didn't cancel my gym for tonight, still going.

And! My work trip got cancelled, so I won't have to deal with too much restaurant food and irregular workouts before I head to Japan, which works well.

Tag party time!
    @Dia_R I love that you've embraced the format, haha! I love a good tag party. One thing I do that definitely sends notifications, not sure if your way will, is that I type @ and then the username, and that definitely sends a notification to the user. I'm so glad to hear the new med isn't messing with your progress!

@mkculs13 I hear the tired possibly working to your advantage! If I'm tired enough, I'll go to sleep happily instead of staying up late to snack, haha. I'm also a late-night binger- so many good snacks, so little time. I have to constantly tell myself that my snacks will still be there tomorrow for me to work into my day.

@mmatcha_latte nothing like a nice walk outside, and I love the goal to do more homemade meals. I've got one recommendation: East, by Meera Sodha, is one I come back to over and over for vegetarian meals.

@liketoyak hi, welcome to the best thread on MFP! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

@girlinkaz744 Good for you! being away from home is so hard to maintain a deficit, so that is a HUGE accomplishment! Also welcome!

@CeCeFlyy Good to see you again! February was rough for both of us, haha. But we're going to do it!! I'm a huge proponent of meal prep, I know that's going to be great for your progress. Butterflies are so cool! Whatsisface has a garden, and I love when they appear. :smiley:

Have a great day, everyone! Monday, let's crush it!